I hope Matt Mahurin is doing the single artworks too, because La Boca did the single stuff for The Resistance era, and Tom did the stuff for T2L since there was no proper artist hired. At least that way we might be able to see the rejected artworks that Muse thought would suit a single better than the whole record. I'm interested to see what he's made

I barely remember MySpace.

I'm interested to see the art, not trying to be overly negative, I've just never liked his stuff, and it was around quite a bit during "my time" in the '90s. :chuckle:

Not that the artwork ever really is that important to me, and I don't tend to buy band merch much in my old age, which is the only thing that it would potentially negatively impact all that much.

I just kinda (really) want all this to be over. The secretive crap was cute for a while, but now I'm getting a bit agitated.

The "is this the release date" thing pushed me over the edge. Just fucking tell us.

I barely remember MySpace.

I'm interested to see the art, not trying to be overly negative, I've just never liked his stuff, and it was around quite a bit during "my time" in the '90s. :chuckle:

Not that the artwork ever really is that important to me, and I don't tend to buy band merch much in my old age, which is the only thing that it would potentially negatively impact all that much.

I just kinda (really) want all this to be over. The secretive crap was cute for a while, but now I'm getting a bit agitated.

The "is this the release date" thing pushed me over the edge. Just fucking tell us.

I think they're doing a news media blackout but the only thing is I don't really see how this would hold up considering the leaked magazine. Maybe it's a controlled blackout up until the point that the single drops? I remember we had basically nothing to go off of for T2L for a long time except for that one French magazine that detailed each song. I'd wager though we have even less info now than we did then, and that's saying something

I think they're doing a news media blackout but the only thing is I don't really see how this would hold up considering the leaked magazine. Maybe it's a controlled blackout up until the point that the single drops? I remember we had basically nothing to go off of for T2L for a long time except for that one French magazine that detailed each song. I'd wager though we have even less info now than we did then, and that's saying something

Yeah, you are right - there were articles and interviews done for T2L that were done but held off on until after a certain time when they were allowed to be printed/posted.

I remember Stryker talking about one he did... and then for some reason it showing up WAY after it was relevant anymore.

We didn't have all these teases last time, and they're starting to make me want to scream a bit, because I have nothing else to do right now.

Which is, I suppose, the point of the teases. The more pissed off and impatient we get, the more easily they can string us along.

It was at least after the trailer when info started coming in.

Yeah I remember the trailer just came out of no where. Or maybe there was buildup but I wasn't on the site. I don't really spend anytime here unless there's a new album cycle happening.

The Resistance and BH&R buildups felt alot longer here. Like we had information for a way longer period of time.

Yeah I remember the trailer just came out of no where. Or maybe there was buildup but I wasn't on the site. I don't really spend anytime here unless there's a new album cycle happening.

The Resistance and BH&R buildups felt alot longer here. Like we had information for a way longer period of time.

I wish I was around for the BH&R buildup because that seemed like a lot of fun. Especially with all of the tracks being road-tested before the release, that seemed really cool. I didn't discover Muse until 2007 but back then my tastes were infantile. Got big into them soon thereafter but the TR wait in 2009 took a while to come around. At least the USoE buildup for TR was cool.

I wish I was around for the BH&R buildup because that seemed like a lot of fun. Especially with all of the tracks being road-tested before the release, that seemed really cool. I didn't discover Muse until 2007 but back then my tastes were infantile. Got big into them soon thereafter but the TR wait in 2009 took a while to come around. At least the USoE buildup for TR was cool.

I started with Muse right after Absolution came out and the only things I can remember about the BH&R buildup was the mass shit storm that happened after SMBH. I was a lurker here from about 04 til 07 when I joined. But it was funny. Are those old threads archived anywhere?

I also remember having to warm up to KOC.