Barely lol. I forgot about those polls. Good to remember that. Did they ever address that? What was the answer a typical Muse "yea we forgot" ??

They actively mocked their fans from what I remember.

"This one's for the messageboard, all 10 of them" or something to that effect

Okay. As though Matt didn't say it himself.

Matt says a lot of things.

:rolleyes::noey::facepalm:

If you were being sensible, you would know you can't come to expect anything from Muse because their lead singles tend to be designed to be full of shock value, and that's the only expectation one can realistically have.

With the exception of Unsustainable (which wasn't even a single) when have they ever released a single for the shock value?

They actively mocked their fans from what I remember.

"This one's for the messageboard, all 10 of them" or something to that effect

If this is about RW, it was because about only 10 people actually reacted to when he said Bliss was played for the messageboard.

I remember many thinking it wasnt Muse and/or they were joking

I remember it coming out pre-youtube (or before youtube was really common and had extremely little content) finding the video for it on aol video lol. And just finding nothing positive to say about it...showed it to my brother another big time fan at the time and he thought it wasn't them.

I remember the board back then all thinking it was a joke and the real single was coming later even after it launched. Hell its similar to when Madness launched and people were waiting for "THE SECOND VERSION!! :eek:"

As Citizen said, SMBH, Unsustainable and even Survival, and this track.

I agree with your point but I wouldn't include Survival. Really that song has everything die hard Muse fans had been asking for just executed with cringey lyrics.

But if journalists described that song on paper half the members here would've lost their shit, but as I said earlier we didn't get any journalist impressions until after that song released.

Can't believe some of the absolute garbage I've read on these pages over the last few days, mostly involving the numbers 0615. Some of the conspiracy theories have been memorable, but mostly just daft! The numbers were obviously put there for a reason - the most likely being that they represent a date, either sometime in June (the 06th month, 2015) or specifically the 15th of June (the 15th day of the 06th month) - probably for the album release. This hasn't bothered me as much as some other people, who seemed to be under the impression that the release date would be sometime in May. I could be wrong, but has anyone from Muse actually said that the album would be released in May at any time?

Anyway, regarding the first single, I'm not buying this 'too offensive for radio' stuff. Radio is where most people get to hear songs, and therefore may decide to buy them, so it wouldn't be a great move to release a single which most people (specifically non-Muse fans) wouldn't get to hear. Bit strange, promotion-wise. But you never know. I'm still optimistic that we'll hear something on Zane Lowe either tonight or tomorrow - if the single/song is ready to go, as we've been made to believe, it would surely be too good an opportunity to miss, both for Zane Lowe and for Muse.

I remember it coming out pre-youtube (or before youtube was really common and had extremely little content) finding the video for it on aol video lol. And just finding nothing positive to say about it...showed it to my brother another big time fan at the time and he thought it wasn't them.

I remember the board back then all thinking it was a joke and the real single was coming later even after it launched. Hell its similar to when Madness launched and people were waiting for "THE SECOND VERSION!! :eek:"

I could have sworn that also happened when that snippet of Survival came out with the choir :LOL:

Speaking of swearing, given that at the gig I attended for the T2L tour Matt shyed away from the mic during the "fuck" in panic station I cant imagine how an explicitly worded single would go - making me think that it'll be suitable for radio after all but they've chosen a different avenue this time around.

...actually, radio would just beep out the language so I'm stumped :erm:

I'll give you SMBH, but Unsustainable wasn't a single, Survival was written for the Olympics, and this track isn't out yet.

Unsustainable was the first thing we heard from T2L so the concept still applies that Muse likes to first release things that either shock or polarize their audience. Why do you think they chose the Drones chant bit of that song to release to us? Because its unexpected and thus it shocks their audience. Always giving us the unexpected to keep us on our toes. I'm not saying they write music that way on purpose but when they do they choose to show it to us first.

Edited by Citizen_Eraser

I'll give you SMBH, but Unsustainable wasn't a single, Survival was written for the Olympics, and this track isn't out yet.

the fact that Survival was written for the Olympics is what shocked me personally, given how different it was to the usual 'peace, love, union of nations' themes Olympic and Comm games songs tend to involve.

It was a departure that I should have really expected coming from them, but nonetheless I was dumbfounded :p