Hey Niel

IxP7xhL.jpg

1Lv9mOn.jpg

If you sit your camera on a solid surface or tripod and set the shutter speed to really slow, you get some good glow shots. I must try that with the 27//54 actually.

what amp is it btw?

If you sit your camera on a solid surface or tripod and set the shutter speed to really slow, you get some good glow shots. I must try that with the 27//54 actually.

what amp is it btw?

That's what I did, but I think some of the other settings might have been changed from the previous ones I did.

JTM 45 clone. The first picture is actually of the amp being switched on - it didn't turn out as well as I had hoped. There's this flash that comes from these old preamp valves that lasts for about a second before they go back to the normal glow like in the second picture. I can't remember why, but supposedly it's normal

wat

when did Dom turn 21? I swear he has birthdays less often than most people on here... same with Will...

Who me? On Thursday enit. Alas no guitar stuff, and alas no Lynx gift packs from the relatives. All going on driving this year

In other news, just sold Hayden

Who me? On Thursday enit. Alas no guitar stuff, and alas no Lynx gift packs from the relatives. All going on driving this year

In other news, just sold Hayden

Took me way too long to realize

And really? Are you going to get some more gear for the kemper then, like a power amp or the floor board?

As soon as I get rid of my axe FX I'll be getting one. Not sure whether it will be the one with the power amp or not.

Took me way too long to realize

And really? Are you going to get some more gear for the kemper then, like a power amp or the floor board?

As soon as I get rid of my axe FX I'll be getting one. Not sure whether it will be the one with the power amp or not.

I have the powered version so no need! I'd like to get some more profiles, a case for it and a MIDI footswitch would be great (not so much fun having to scroll through on the actual thing). Can't afford the latter though for a while at least, need a solid job first.

Might as well get the power amp if you can find one for a decent price. Also judging by your guitar collection the few hundred £ difference between the two I can't imagine would be too much of an issue haha

I want a Kemper.

Whats a good footswitch to use?

There's a Kemper Remote which is obviously designed to be used with the Kemper. Also has a looper function built in, connects I think via ethernet? I don't believe you can use it to control any other gear though which is why I'm tempted to go for another one, in case I ever get more stuff.

There's a bunch of footswitches that people use, I'm tempted for a Liquid Foot 12+ unless anyone else can recommend otherwise?

I picked this up the other week.

Screen-Shot-2015-05-22-at-17.37.55.png

A bit disappointed that they called the 1959HW a reissue of the '68 plexi, when it's common knowledge that it's based on a 10,000 range serial '69 plexi :noey:

And that doesn't look like a series 2000 matamp. it's the wrong colour... it's either an ORST or an OR100

Otherwise, it's a good read. 7/10

talk to me about Kempers and using them live. Turning off cab sims etc. is it any use?

Might have to ask Sherpa about that. I've never used it on performance mode as I don't have a footswitch yet so I still change profiles through my computer USB really

just to go back to the thing about Royal Blood's pedals, they've had coins thrown on stage, cos of the song Loose Change, the cardboard might be because of that.

Wait, has that happened more than once? I only know of this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aiZjS3CUTjY

Speaking of Marmozets and Royal Blood, I very almost went to see Marmozets tonight in Brighton, but then decided to save money. Then it turns out they got Benji from RB and Sam from Architects to join them. What a bummer

Damn. Guessing it was for the last song? No videos up yet.

Something that's more interesting to me: apparently the New Born sound is run on 2 channels, and he higher sound is controlled with the volume pedal!

Oh really? Where'd you hear this, is there a specific point in the video you can see it?

these are a bit old now, but this is the best one i've seen

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xYc4DT18EJg

the clapping...

also, has anyone watched that sonic highways series or whatever it's called? they had the one for chicago on the plane when I was coming back and I thought it was pretty interesting... might grab the rest of them.

should be seeing them mid next month with royal blood opening. :facemelt:

Oh yeah, always wondered about that. Always presumed it was transposed and triggered by some MIDI thing. Has he been doing that all this time?

I guess he might have? Seems the easiest solution (apart from a tech switching it with midi)

also, has anyone watched that sonic highways series or whatever it's called? they had the one for chicago on the plane when I was coming back and I thought it was pretty interesting... might grab the rest of them.

Yea I've got it all on Blu-Ray, watched them when it was on TV, and again when I got the set. Really enjoyable to watch, and can't help but love Dave even more.

Their NA tour will be interesting with Dave's Broken leg... I keep wondering if they will cancel Toronto since it is only beginning of July.