So hard to say.. Webster was amazing, setlist, intensity, just crazy. iHeart was a solid setlist for being so short, just big songs. Seeing the guys in a room of 200 people was just amazing, and the energy was awesome, everyone singing every single word. It was less rough than Webster which I enjoyed because I got to watch the show a bit more while rocking out instead of dying from heat and being soaking wet. Getting to meet the guys again at iHeart was also a big plus.

Yea waiting wasn't a great option. I guess only the first 1-2 people from the queue got into the gig, and they got in line just before 12. Everyone else waited and was turned away which sucks huge.

Yeah, the two main things are being able to enjoy it a bit more since there's a bit less insanity, and having a better opportunity to meet them. But then they came out after the webster hall show and people managed to get pictures and stuff, and all I wanted to do was get something to drink.

Not going to complain though. Even though that meeting was very short, it pretty much made my day. Luckily no one got any of that on video (and I thought I was one of the calmer ones!)

and only one or two people?? Damn.. I was going to show up at 3 (since they didn't allow people to line up before...) so there was no chance anyway.

And yeah Marconi, did they play that at the gig you went to? I know they did at one of the UK shows, but I can't remember which one.

Oh they did it at two shows? I didn't actually hear them sound checking anything at this gig. There was something which I didn't recognize at all, but I think that might have just been playback.

Also, just realized you were the one who did the full OOS cover... saw that a couple years back and was really impressed.

I've been thinking of learning some piano, but that means getting lessons and I don't have a whole lot of extra time for that. Most I can do for now is use my somewhat limited ability of reading music and then figure out where the notes are by ear...

3:42 daaaamn

Any ideas as to why the pedal board has that cardboard sheet in front of it? I can't imagine it's because he wants to hide it

Perhaps to stop sun glare on the pedals? Easier to see the switches. Other than that I'm not sure. Maybe he's just protective of his toanz :p

Nice, fedex has five minutes to deliver silver burst and black glitter guitars if they want to be on schedule.

Somehow I don't think they're coming, despite being in NY for the past several hours :erm:

I do have some #chuggz arriving later from UPS though...

Is that James90 at 1:35?

Close, but that's actually this guy: :ninja:

When I visited Mansons for the first time, I was actually considering going in with a helmet like the stig... but I didn't know where to get one

I'll try to hunt one down for next time and wear it at any KnT meet ups, even though a good amount of you know what I actually look like

Any ideas as to why the pedal board has that cardboard sheet in front of it? I can't imagine it's because he wants to hide it

He has been pretty protective of his pedalboard in the past. Wouldn't really answer too much on it in interviews. When I saw them, his pedalboard was brought out on stage with a towel covering it. They played their set and soon as it ended, tech guy came out, threw towel back over the pedal board, unplugged it and took it away again.

He has been pretty protective of his pedalboard in the past. Wouldn't really answer too much on it in interviews. When I saw them, his pedalboard was brought out on stage with a towel covering it. They played their set and soon as it ended, tech guy came out, threw towel back over the pedal board, unplugged it and took it away again.

Yeah that's exactly what happened at the first gig of theirs that I went to. People still got some pictures of it though.

Close, but that's actually this guy: :ninja:

When I visited Mansons for the first time, I was actually considering going in with a helmet like the stig... but I didn't know where to get one

I'll try to hunt one down for next time and wear it at any KnT meet ups, even though a good amount of you know what I actually look like

You can buy an MA1 for the price of a white Simpson motorsports helmet.

They are damn expensive.

That's pretty stupid and arrogant. Like he doesn't want the world to know his super secret combination of regular store bought pedals. Like we don't know he's using a POG and SIX BIG MUFFS, and a DS1.

Damn Jaicen, I thought only I knew about the DS-1

Actually, I'm pretty sure I figured out the setup he had at the beginning (late 2012) going by a hi res picture I was sent...

TU-2 > PS-6 > triage input >

triage output 1 > POG 2 > mastotron > clean amp

triage output 2 > POG 2 > GE-7 > PS-6 > flint > distorted amp

triage output 3 > LS-2 (input and send A output) > bass amp

Maybe the cardboard was to prevent astray drinks getting on his shit? Doesn't explain the towel thing though.

Are they already on the path to being a pair of Kanyes? I've seen a handful of people post online about meeting them and they say that they didn't really want to be there and showed it. Also seen a few interviews where they are just frosty with the interviewer and seemed vexed by the questions.

Their Brit award speach sticks in my head, the line "you may not know who we are" ... Mate what are you getting at? What point are you trying to make, after winning a big accolade?

I love the album, had a wicked time seeing them at Reading last summer, but what's their fucking deal?

Drunk rant overrrrrrr.

Maybe the cardboard was to prevent astray drinks getting on his shit? Doesn't explain the towel thing though.

Are they already on the path to being a pair of Kanyes? I've seen a handful of people post online about meeting them and they say that they didn't really want to be there and showed it. Also seen a few interviews where they are just frosty with the interviewer and seemed vexed by the questions.

Their Brit award speach sticks in my head, the line "you may not know who we are" ... Mate what are you getting at? What point are you trying to make, after winning a big accolade?

I love the album, had a wicked time seeing them at Reading last summer, but what's their fucking deal?

Drunk rant overrrrrrr.

I thought that might be it. What's to explain about the towel? It's to prevent the drinks from soaking into the cardboard!

And I didn't see that speech, what happened?

I don't know. Last time I saw them (which was the only time I've properly met them) Mike seemed to just want to get out of there. Not sure about the first time I saw them - I was out of there before the band was, as I didn't want anyone taking that drum stick that everyone was fighting over!

Ben was really nice though. Managed to get a picture and speak to him for a good five minutes.

I know Dave had a similar experience (although he got a picture with both of them)

I thought that might be it. What's to explain about the towel? It's to prevent the drinks from soaking into the cardboard!

And I didn't see that speech, what happened?

I don't know. Last time I saw them (which was the only time I've properly met them) Mike seemed to just want to get out of there. Not sure about the first time I saw them - I was out of there before the band was, as I didn't want anyone taking that drum stick that everyone was fighting over!

Ben was really nice though. Managed to get a picture and speak to him for a good five minutes.

I know Dave had a similar experience (although he got a picture with both of them)

Yeah, Mike came out of the venue like someone who just found out they need a filling. He took 2 or 3 photos (Me being one of them :D) and then went onto the tour bus.

They clearly weren't in a rush since Ben stayed out with fans for over an hour. Absolutely lovely guy!

Yeah, Mike came out of the venue like someone who just found out they need a filling. He took 2 or 3 photos (Me being one of them :D) and then went onto the tour bus.

They clearly weren't in a rush since Ben stayed out with fans for over an hour. Absolutely lovely guy!

Yeah that's pretty much the look he had! Only one person got a picture at the one I went to, and he didn't really even stop - they just took the camera and did it while he was walking.

And yeah, he spent a good while chatting with the fans, getting pictures, signing stuff, etc

10348526_10152785495905944_6846490242570667659_n.jpg?oh=be3d06a32b986ca8cddb271671a2bab1&oe=562F6D7A

I'm pretty much a walking advertisement for Mansons.

Oh and Macaroni, that vile thing I mentioned was that guitar from wunjo which I showed you before.

My band's got a gig at a bar in a few weeks, but I don't have mics for my (cheap) drums. Do I need any for a gig like this, and how many or for which bits?

You want to definitely have some; kick drum definitely, a combination for snare/hi-hat, and maybe two dedicated overhead mics.

You should take into consideration how many free mic slots you have and maybe rent a small set?

My band's got a gig at a bar in a few weeks, but I don't have mics for my (cheap) drums. Do I need any for a gig like this, and how many or for which bits?

How big is the bar? I know my covers band normally only has a kick drum mic if we're in a small venue and one overhead if it's a bit bigger. Drums are fuckin loud, man.