I'm not going but I have zero faith in Muse playing a rock heavy setlist. They seem too out of touch with reality these days, but I hope they prove me wrong. Judging by how awful the Pinkpop setlist was last night, I have no hope.

K, I'm setting off soon. Not sure how good my signal will be at the festival, so have a good time everyone and stay safe (I feel like a bloody grandma :$)!

I'm praying the metal fans aren't nobheads. I feel like it's my first festival again, all timid and vulnerable. I'm gonna feel and look like a serious fish out of water at a metal festival :chuckle:

Its getting real muddy in the village. So day ticket holders be sure to bring wellies.

Apparently the rain is gonna die off slightly this evening around 7/8 oclock. I just hope they make it worthwhile and play an awesome setlist with plenty of old stuff.

My friends are metallers and at Download. They said they can see why Muse were booked but will be in the tents becauae a) it's wet and b) they prefer other things. You'd hope most non-muse fans would have a similar attitude rather than turning up on the main stage with bottles

Not sure if it's asked before; does DL usually have a live broadcast?

Unfortunately not. They've been putting some videos on Youtube but it seems to only be a 35 second clip for each band so far.

Sky Arts apparently broadcast highlights, but it will only be 2-4 songs max for the headliners and they will likely pick their more well known songs (the likes of SMBH/Hysteria/KoC/maybe Psycho or Dead Inside)

for anyone wanting heads up on merch, my mate sent me this.

sccAtcW.jpg

I'm planning to leave around 2pm, get there about 5-6pm. Have a stroll in and then see muse, and sit in my car for another 5 or so hours. I assume getting out of the car park will take a while!

If this set isn't special, and I get soaked through, I may be a little dissapointed!

See yas!

Been here since Wednesday. Everyone I've met has been really cool and laid back. Most the haters will be in the tents keeping dry I would have thought.

agreed. I went for the whole festival in 2013, was my first full festival and it was great. No knobs at all really. However, I went to T in the park for a day to see Rage Against The Machine, knob heads everywhere. And I went to Leeds Festival for a day to see Eminem. Knob heads everywhere.

The main problem with those festivals, is a lot of people don't really know what music is, or have never been to a regular gig. The same people who work all week and 'live for the weekend' to get mashed, are the same people who will go to the popular festivals regardless of the line up, as all music is to them is the radio, and then leeds/reading festival. In my experience, these types of festival-goers are much more likely to turn to knob-headerry in order to pass the time

I really hope they bring the goods tonight. I can only imagine the absolute shitstorm that will go down here if they don't, haha.

People keep talking about being bottled/booed but the reaction will be worse here than at Download to a standard Muse set, no question

People keep talking about being bottled/booed but the reaction will be worse here than at Download to a standard Muse set, no question

I don't know, I suppose people who can't stand Muse will go and see Marilyn Manson, it's not like they don't have an alternative. But, I was never there so I don't really know :stunned:

This, Muse won't get bottled even if they play a standard set. Muse aren't hated by metal fans, they just (usually) aren't a fan of them.

MCR on the other hand

That was following Slayer though

This, Muse won't get bottled even if they play a standard set. Muse aren't hated by metal fans, they just (usually) aren't a fan of them.

MCR on the other hand

That was following Slayer though

If that's the reaction to My Chemical Romance imagine the reaction they'll get when they probably play madness... :LOL:

It'd be so funny though.

It would be amazing. I kind of want it to happen but don't at the same time given I've got friends there.

Indeed. Can't see them being bottled though.