NME - "Muse's Dom Howard staples fake money to performer's arse"

Furygirl

Muse's Dom Howard staples fake money to performer's arse at debauched Emirates gig after-party

Muse's Dom Howard was reportedly spotted stapling fake money to an S&M performer's arse at the band's debauched Emirates Stadium gig after-party last night (May 26).

According to Female First, the band hired out the Cirque Le Soir nightclub venue in London to shock guests with controversial acts and performers based around an "anti-corporate greed" theme.

Speaking about Matt Bellamy's partner, Kate Hudson, stubbing out a cigar on a woman's tongue, an unnamed onlooker revealed what Howard had done. She said: "She couldn't bear to watch Dom stapling money onto the woman's bum. So we were amazed when she took a fat, burning cigar and thrust it down onto the girl's tongue."

The entertainment included a bearded lady strip tease, "cry baby" dwarfs with mouths stuffed full of Muse dollars, a pair of "sexy gambling pigs", a catwoman in an oversized glass of milk and dwarfs carrying silver platters of sherbet as an alleged dig towards Queen's Roger Taylor.

The source continued: "It was hilarious. Dom is best friends with Roger Taylor, who comes to all of their gigs. And he knows Roger is sick of being asked about the stories about Queen snorting coke from bald dwarves heads and making them carry coke around on silver platters. So they thought it would be funny to send dwarves around carrying lines of sherbet on trays."

Meanwhile, Muse play the final date of their four UK stadium dates next week at Manchester's Etihad Arena on June 1. You can read a full report and see the band's setlist from their Coventry gig here. Muse will also perform live in front of 15,000 people at the premiere of World War Z in London next week (June 2).

SOURCE

N.B. The article appears to have been removed, but it is still viewable via Twitter and the headline is still visible on the NME website.

I was more concerned about Kate Hudson stubbing out a cigar on someone's tongue. Hopefully none of it is true. It sound pretty vile, and nothing to do with anti-capitalism or anti-corporatism or whatever.

I hope its not true either, totally not anti-capitalism, it's more of a power trip in my opinion.

Sounds like an awful party.

Looks like NME pulled that story...another one is up at the mirror website

http://www.mirror.co.uk/3am/celebrity-news/muse-after-party-pictures-sex-drugs-1917224

The stapling and cigarette stubbing were done with permission and as a part of an act they are selling so it's fine in that respect. However, I would feel incredibly uncomfortable hurting another human being like that.

To, to entertain the music trio and a select handful of their family and friends were dwarves dressed as babies with their mouths stuffed with Muse dollars,

A source said: “Dom from the band is best friends with Roger Taylor, who comes to all of their gigs.

"And he knows Roger is sick of being asked about the stories about Queen snorting coke from dwarves heads and so they thought it would be funny to send dwarves around carrying lines of sherbet on trays.”

:stunned:

This is just plain bad taste. I don't think people with dwarfism deserve to be objectified and being the butt of a joke like that.

I assume they were fine with it?

We can't really assume anything since we don't know those people. However, there are people who monetize showing off their physical differences yet still feel troubled at the idea of being gawked at and objectified. I don't blame those people for wanting to make money. However, Muse should know better than to dress them up as babies, especially since people with dwarfism are infantilized all the time.

This is all assuming the article is true, of course.

Jeez, if they were there of course they were fine with it. No one forced them.

You can't make that conclusion simply based on the fact they were there. Things are not that simple in the real world.

However, my issue was more with what Muse wanted to say by putting on a display like that. I'm sure you can find a black waiter who is comfortable at a party poking fun of his race, as well. That wouldn't give Muse the right to throw a party based on racial stereotypes, either.

You can't make that conclusion simply based on the fact they were there. Things are not that simple in the real world.

However, my issue was more with what Muse wanted to say by putting on a display like that. I'm sure you can find a black waiter who is comfortable at a party poking fun of his race, as well. That wouldn't give Muse the right to throw a party based on racial stereotypes, either.

I think the whole party sounds bad taste and I don't know how anyone could put a cigar out on another person's tongue; even if they agreed to it.

I found the venue's website and it does seem they offer such things anyway (dwarfist performers, burlesque, bum staplers(!), etc). It just so happens Muse specifically asked for this.

Not sure why though. The cigar and staple thing does seem a bit "... why?" and the babies with dollars freaked me out a little bit, although I do find the sherbert-thing hilarious.

I take it you guys don't get the idea of a freak show then? Doing things like that is kinda the point... You can be offended all you like, but you're not them. It's what they do.

There's not particularly much to "get" about them, so I'm not sure what you mean. I'm not trying to deny anyone's personal or commercial exploration of S&M themes/voluntary body harm. However, I think there is a clear difference between people doing those type of acts for show and having people with dwarfism played up for "freak" value considering the historical context of them viewed as court jesters/"circus freaks" AND the attitudes that linger on about them. Additionally, even if the person volunteers to have their body stapled/tongue burned doesn't mean many people (myself included) like the idea of being the one to inflict pain/cause burn marks on other people. So I'm a bit weirded out that Muse decided to partake in that.

tl;dr: just because something exists doesn't make it appropriate.

I found the venue's website and it does seem they offer such things anyway (dwarfist performers, burlesque, bum staplers(!), etc). It just so happens Muse specifically asked for this.

Not sure why though. The cigar and staple thing does seem a bit "... why?" and the babies with dollars freaked me out a little bit, although I do find the sherbert-thing hilarious.

The Jim Rose Circus does a stapling bit too. It's just something they do:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qVcjlxAQoa8

Around 2:47.