2013.06.02 - Horse Guards Parade, London, UK

JessicaSarahS

I don't know if you noticed but someone offered you a ticket a few pages back...

I will have to check, I did get a PM but will look back throu posts.

I'm not against getting rid of spares, I'm just PO about when ppl sell them for more than face value on eBay etc.

iv been on eBay since 2005 and there have been times when iv needed to get rid of tickets ASAP but iv always done it at not a profit. I always post on msg boards first to offer for face value -never more. If that fails then I do a buy it now price of the ticket face value plus the split of the booking fee. I have never sold it on a general bidding as I don't feel right making a profit. A few years ago I won 9 tickets for IOW festival. I used 5 and gave the rest away on msg boards to ppl in knew would use them. If I had won these and had a spare I would have come on here and said straight away rather then go on eBay as these were free. If no one wanted it, I would have gone to st James park early to see if anyone would like it. But that's just me, I was bought up to treat others how I would like to be treated so I I try and be as honest and truthful as possible when RE-selling tickets. Personally I save for months to pay for my festivals and gigs that I know in advance so I would feel really uneasy about making a profit from someone's else.

Especially one of those FREE tickets could be mine.:mad:

Precisely.

I am one of the lucky ones who got a pair but I really feel for those who didn't. I think it's stupid that Muse fans weren't the first to be able to book them! Senseless.

I hope you manage to tag along with somebody who has a spare!

Precisely.

I am one of the lucky ones who got a pair but I really feel for those who didn't. I think it's stupid that Muse fans weren't the first to be able to book them! Senseless.

I hope you manage to tag along with somebody who has a spare!

Thanx.

Or I'll just go park myself at St James park and listen.:LOL:

Haha yeah, "fees" are getting ridiculous nowadays - as if ticket prices aren't high enough already!

As you say, it won't stop it from happening but if enough people report these sellers it just makes it more difficult.

I don't really have anything against people selling tickets at face value - only a couple of days ago I had a couple of spare tickets for the Emirates on Sunday because my friends couldn't come and was in a panic trying to sell them to recover my costs - but even then you should really try to only sell to people you know so the tickets don't end up in the wrong hands. Luckily a couple of other friends took the tickets in the end.

But selling free tickets for a profit (however small) is utterly disgusting. Clearly these people never had any intention to attend the show, when there are plenty of people who will have missed out. Makes me sick.

Totally agree. For me eBay is last resort and even then I only sell back at BIN at face value so it's fair to the person wanting it as I have been that person searching for tickets and its heartbreaking when the tickets are selling for over the face value.

The only way to curb the touts is to fight them back in the small ways like reporting them on eBay etc, its not gna stop them but at least it makes their life more difficult as they've made ours. Ticket companies don't want to stop touting as they sell all their tickets coz touts buy so many to sell on and so make their profit, if they help stop touting then they risk Not selling all tickets so they're never gna help stop this

For anyone wanting tickets follow this sun link. I just got my tickets using it. http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/showbiz/bizarre/4944797/Win-1500-pairs-of-Muse-tickets-through-The-Sun.html

Thank you so much for this link - was at work at 9am so wouldn't have been able to try but got two tickets just after you had posted this!! (in Manchester the day before so now have to work out travel but just couldn't resist!!) :D

As much as I understand why people are posting those links on here could you please refrain to as you are unwillingly advertising those people's auction. Anybody on here can see them as it is a public forum and that include people who will be tempted to actually pay to get a ticket.

Best is just to report them and not to give them any exposure.

Free tickets aren't allowed to be resold under eBay's events tickets policy anyway.

Yup, but eBay don't really care otherwise it wouldn't be on there at all as ebay could easily make it so it would have an auto stop when the seller puts in price of ticket as £00.00 it wouldn't allow the seller to post it.

Only by reporting it can it be taken down

As much as I understand why people are posting those links on here could you please refrain to as you are unwillingly advertising those people's auction. Anybody on here can see them as it is a public forum and that include people who will be tempted to actually pay to get a ticket.

Best is just to report them and not to give them any exposure.

True. Hopefully eBay will take them off before anyone can buy them :(

Tried for over an hour.. Got to the security code page endless times, entered countless security codes, and from there all I got was "Could not find matching tickets"

Alas, It looks like I will not be going on Sunday. Absolutely gutted :(

You can only try. No luck this time.

True. Hopefully eBay will take them off before anyone can buy them :(

Yeah I hope they are taken down before anybody can buy them. If people can truly not attend due to other commitments then they should give their tickets away for free and not auction them for money.

Yeah I hope they are taken down before anybody can buy them. If people can truly not attend due to other commitments then they should give their tickets away for free and not auction them for money.

Iv seen a few taken down that were bidding listings so that must be eBay, but some of the buy it now listings are gone and I hope it was eBay coz one of those listings was for £200 and it makes me sad to think someone paid that :(

Somewhere out there is a simply method to end all this nonsense with tickets. eBay should partner up with ticket sellers so they automatically know the value of the ticket and that stops anyone selling it for more then the ticket price and booking fee. Would be so much easier if greedy ticket companies just let u get a refund easily. I have a friend who has just broken leg in 3 places and no longer able to attend Glastonbury but as its now outside refund window they won't refund it. They said he should have got ticket insurance!! Like he knew he was gna be in an accident and break his leg! They just want as much money as possible. Also my friends now ex bf has decided not to go at all and i dont care that he can't get a refund, I'm just bothered by the fact that there is someone out there that would have loved to go in his place if he could return the ticket. if they made the refund process easier then people wouldn't waste tickets.

I could just stop going but why punish myself, better start eating healthily coz I'm prob gna have to sell an organ to pay for next years glas and reading tickets :(

250? Gone in a nanosecond.

Let's face it, I will never win any tickets that require a password and/or lottery. Even my code for the War Child gig didn't work. :(

Same for me.

This morning, I've refreshed 10seconds too late my browser to get tickets. Grrrr I hate codes/lotteries.

I have tried the Livenation registration, I still not have received their email with the code. Grrrr I am freaking out, that's the last chance to get tickets and for a frenchie see Muse in UK, in a little stage is just perfection. <3

If someone has one ticket, left, I'm here… maybe one has one ticket left, I hope :rolleyes:

If not, I will meet the unlucky persons at St James park, we will share beers, foods and push away the squirrel gang :ninja:

Anyway, next year for their 20th birthday we should have intimist shows… yeeeaaaaaaah :awesome::dance: