Muse Tour Comparisons: Which one was better?

Dominic.

It's amazing when you look at audience videos from the BH&R tour and compare them to now, seeing how much better quality has gotten in just a few years.

Meanwhile I still have the same camera from 2006.

Yeah, I remember one of the first audience recordings of Unsustainable from the US tour and it looked and sounded like a pro-shot.

Hmmm.

Setlist wise I'd have to choose BH&R.

I mean just look at this: http://musewiki.org/Tokyo_International_Forum_2007_(gig)

Take a Bow

Hysteria

Map of the Problematique + Maggie's Farm outro

Guitar interlude + Butterflies & Hurricanes

Debase riff + Assassin (extended)

Sing for Absolution (piano)

Citizen Erased

Hoodoo (piano)

Piano interlude + Apocalypse Please (short)

Performance wise, I guess it depends on what you prefer. Some people like the quality (as in the correct notes, always perfect, etc.) of the performance whereas others prefer the raw and spontaneous side.

Showbiz tour and TR way too different compare. They are 10 years separated and the band itself was in such a drastically different positions that it makes it almost impossible to compare them. That being said the North American leg of the TR tour was disgusting.

Hmmm.

Setlist wise I'd have to choose BH&R.

I mean just look at this: http://musewiki.org/Tokyo_International_Forum_2007_(gig)

Take a Bow

Hysteria

Map of the Problematique + Maggie's Farm outro

Guitar interlude + Butterflies & Hurricanes

Debase riff + Assassin (extended)

Sing for Absolution (piano)

Citizen Erased

Hoodoo (piano)

Piano interlude + Apocalypse Please (short)

Yeaaah that's the one I was talking about. :facemelt:

Before City of Delusion - Howard - "Yes, we're going to play more songs. A few more. Why not".

/Japan

Yeaaah that's the one I was talking about. :facemelt:

Before City of Delusion Howard "Yes, we're going to play more songs. A few more. Why not".

/Japan

That setlist is a great example of how to incorporate old songs with new ones. They managed to play all the songs off of BH&R with the exception of Exo-Politics and yet got some great songs from other albums in there too.

Performance wise, I guess it depends on what you prefer. Some people like the quality (as in the correct notes, always perfect, etc.) of the performance whereas others prefer the raw and spontaneous side.

The reason Absolution Tour was always my favorite was because they definitely were a lot tighter as a band and their shows were energetic, but they also started to introduce more high end production and theatrics so it was kind of a balance of both.

Also BH&R tour would've been so much better if Matt's guitar tone wasn't so shit.

It's amazing when you look at audience videos from the BH&R tour and compare them to now, seeing how much better quality has gotten in just a few years.

Meanwhile I still have the same camera from 2006.

You also have to factor in that youtube didn't allow HD uploads until like 2008/09. So stuff from the BHaR era are not only older cameras, but the uploads were all equal to any video you see now, but wit hthe 240p option selected.

There are some great videos of the BHaR tours on youtube, but I wish the uploaders would find a way to re-upload them in better quality now that youtube supports it.

You also have to factor in that youtube didn't allow HD uploads until like 2008/09. So stuff from the BHaR era are not only older cameras, but the uploads were all equal to any video you see now, but wit hthe 240p option selected.

There are some great videos of the BHaR tours on youtube, but I wish the uploaders would find a way to re-upload them in better quality now that youtube supports it.

Well yeah but I saw a lot more slideshow-framerate overly distorted videos from that time.

I do agree though there are still some great fan shots on YouTube and muselive

I have a screencap of some little girl's facebook page they once shared...that post was deleted within a couple of minutes but eventually came back a bit later. :LOL: their admin might wanna change his/her password. :erm:

edit: oh i just noticed the thread topic :LOL: I'm really not good at comparisons. I went to just one gig during TR tour and had a blast, but i remember feeling very turned off by the stupid towers. Didn't add to the experience at all. Though I was sitting just behind the stage. :noey:

I slowly begin to understand how you got your Funniest Muser title.

And seriously, if I could decide, I'd rather see Muse on TR tour that on Showbiz tour. Opinions and all, you know.

I'd rather have seen them on showbiz tour as that would have meant I would have seen them on every tour but I was only 4 :(

I'd just like to point out one more time that I never wanted to imply anything else but that I'd rather see Muse on TR tour rather than on Showbiz tour, and that's nothing more than my opinion.

And yes, of course I understand the different circumstances and time periods and all, but that still doesn't change how I feel. If I would somehow manage to get a time machine from somewhere and use it to travel back to the Showbiz era and go see Muse live, I'd probably leave mid-gig (considering that the gig would be fairly similar to the ones from the Showbiz era that I've watched on Youtube).

(Tl;dr: I just think that, judging from all the videos, I'd prefer seeing Muse live on TR tour than on Showbiz tour)

To be honest I've seen them on 4 tours and I've enjoyed them all roughly equally, without the exception of Glasgow 2009. I would have probably been a bit young to see them on the Showbiz tour (if I had heard of them at that point) but I kick myself for missing them on the OOS tour.

I dont think anyone posting here can form an opinion of the showbiz tour, as none of you went to any gigs from the showbiz tour.

bootlegs lol

I'd say so.

BHAR had rotating closers: Knights/TAB + Stockholm a few times and at least one gig where Showbiz closed. Showbiz.

BHAR also had two completely random full plays of the album, with other stuff for the encores.

BHAR had a nice balance between old and new as well. Showbiz, Muscle Museum, Sunburn, Bliss, Citizen Erased, Micro Cuts, Apocalypse Please, Fury, Ruled By Secrecy were all played on a semi-regular/regular basis.

You can't form an opinion of the BHaR tour, as you didn't go to any gigs from the BHaR tour.

/jamie :awesome:

Archived