Muse Tour Comparisons: Which one was better?

Dominic.

I slowly begin to understand how you got your Funniest Muser title.

:rolleyes:

Anyway, I said it should be obvious because what Muse could do in their first tour was little compared to what they could do in their 5th tour. For the TR tour they had far more experience and obviously a bigger song choice.

:rolleyes:

Anyway, I said it should be obvious because what Muse could do in their first tour was little compared to what they could do in their 5th tour. For the TR tour they had far more experience and obviously a bigger song choice.

:p

Oh, I thought you meant it was obvious that Showbiz tour was better, sorry :LOL: But anyways, it's just that I saw people making posts about how TR tour was Muse's worst ever and I just wanted to bring my opinion to the table. While I agree that TR tour could have been better, it is no way worse than Showbiz tour, partly for the reasons you already mentioned.

:p

Oh, I thought you meant it was obvious that Showbiz tour was better, sorry :LOL: But anyways, it's just that I saw people making posts about how TR tour was Muse's worst ever and I just wanted to bring my opinion to the table. While I agree that TR tour could have been better, it is no way worse than Showbiz tour, partly for the reasons you already mentioned.

But saying that the Showbiz tour was the worse would be a bit unfair, wouldn't it? For the TR tour the band did waaaay less than they could. Performance most of the times wasn't on the same level of their previous tours. Same for setlists.

But saying that the Showbiz tour was the worse would be a bit unfair, wouldn't it? For the TR tour the band did waaaay less than they could. Performance most of the times wasn't on the same level of their previous tours. Same for setlists.

Well, obviously, yeah. But that wasn't my point. My point was just that TR tour wasn't worse than Showbiz tour. The circumstances are totally irrelevant here.

Speaking of the Astoria gig (which looked amazing), from the musewiki page

The drum kit was demolished at the end of the gig, after which Matthew Bellamy fell from the drum kit onto his amp, staying motionless for "17 minutes" before leaving the stage.

wat :LOL:

Showbiz era performances looked energetic as fuck. Even looking at some of the best TR gigs like Wembley I think I would rather see them at the Astoria or that one festival that I can't remember.

This. The Astoria, the MCM Café, the Eurockéennes were all amazing gigs. Especially the Eurockéennes, it has the best Showbiz ever (imo)

If you're going to compare them to each other you really should take the circumstances into consideration.

For Showbiz they had less material, but did more.

For TR they had a flashy stage, far more material, but did less.

This too, it was my point and the reason why Showbiz tour > TR tour (given the circumstances and the situation).

Well, obviously, yeah. But that wasn't my point. My point was just that TR tour wasn't worse than Showbiz tour. The circumstances are totally irrelevant here.

Of course the circumstances matter. You can't directly compare a band early in their career and likely not a lot of money for tour production to a stadium-performing band on their 5th album with 15 million in album sales behind them.

I think it's a little difficult for any of us to say much about Showbiz era shows as they probably mostly evoke some sort of a "I wish I would have been there to witness that" (as a piece of Muse history) feeling in most of us. I know at least my biggest interest would be in seeing the babyMuse moments from that perspective and maybe experience some sort of raw performance energy that is lacking in today's shows. Still, I'm not going to unfavourably mark down current tours just because the 4 shows a week, 2 months in a row, are not performed with the fervour of young guys in their early 20's and the whole world to prove wrong. Or say Showbiz era shows were "worse" because they couldn't play Hysteria then...because it had not even been written.

I dont think anyone posting here can form an opinion of the showbiz tour, as none of you went to any gigs from the showbiz tour.

No

Obviously watching footage of it will be different to actually being there but I think you can get a pretty good idea of the gig from the abundance of footage there is...

Showbiz era performances looked energetic as fuck. Even looking at some of the best TR gigs like Wembley I think I would rather see them at the Astoria or that one festival that I can't remember.

If you guys really think the Showbiz tour shows were better than TR tour shows, let me remind of you of how they performed at the Bizarre festival. :LOL:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v20NWLyO63Q

While it does seem awesome how energetic and spontaneous the gigs were during that era I can only imagine a good portion of them were really sloppy performances. It seems like it took them a lot of experimenting to really get down all of the OoS songs too.

Honestly though it's like comparing apples and oranges though and while we can speculate what it would have been like to be there hearing Muse for the first time none of us really know what it was like.

I'd be fine with something a little more sloppy if it meant being like this.

[YT]

[/YT]

Their musicianship was amazing by The Resistance Tour, but for me it was overshadowed by how rehearsed and at times boring the actual performances were. It's amazing after seeing them this tour noticing how much more comfortable they look on stage.

More Dead Star talk, less tour comparisons.

I get why as a mod you need to point these things out but really, this is like the only thread in MM that has moved in the last half a day. I'm not sure why it's benefitial on a larger scale to kill any conversation this board has just for making sure a thread stays completely on-topic for a page or two.

I get why as a mod you need to point these things out but really, this is like the only thread in MM that has moved in the last half a day. I'm not sure why it's benefitial on a larger scale to kill any conversation this board has just for making sure a thread stays completely on-topic for a page or two.

They could make another thread for it. :yesey:

Better?

Archived