I've never actually booed at a Muse gig before but I'd be tempted if they played Guiding Light again :chuckle: I wonder if they'd actually stop playing it and maybe play something different if they heard people boo/saw signs.

Or they'd pull a GnR and tell us to go fuck ourselves and stop playing

Well like I posted earlier I was there today I've been stalking all week. The cars are different in the car park according to my photo. I was in the same place at the same time with my kids and we heard nothing I'm afraid. That car park is right in the arena and I've stood there before listening to the chillis sound check and they were much louder but hey ho looks like I need hearing aids and stronger glasses. I did hear the roadies sawing and hammering wood in the same car park though.

Well I'm utterly baffled and confuddled by the whole thing today but hey ho I have wine in my hand, my kids are in bed, I'm fairly sure im not living in another dimension so for now im going to kick back relax and get quite a lot excuted about walking to a muse gig next week. Life is good!

What if... those posts were from the future? :eek:

Although it could just be playing music through the stereo to test the sound system - I heard echoes of GL but it sounded more like the studio version.

That's exactly what i thought too. last year when i went to Coldplay. While in the queue i thought i heard them soundchecking... Turns out it was just a recording. So who knows if this wasn't live soundchecking or not.

I don't think the stage is even complete yet let alone ready for sound checks. By the looks of the picture we saw from the runway there is room still for an overhanging pyramid in my opinion, but who knows. Anyhow I would very much doubt that they would have just rehearsed 3 songs.... Unless they were the ones that Cirque Bijou are providing props for and need more rehearsing, I think it's a massive 'if' though.

We can only really know for sure what this "sound-check or playback to test the sound" actually means on wednesday :p

And 20 minutes really is kind of short for a proper sound check though. In fact, you could probably say 20 minutes is too short....

Can we stop all these actions for Muse to play/not play certain songs?

Please. Just enjoy the concert for what it is and don't constantly have hang-ups about particular songs.

Personally, I like Guiding Light. I don't mind if they do/don't play it at gigs but it irks me if people are already now thinking of what to do if they play it.

/rantover

Please. Just enjoy the concert for what it is and don't constantly have hang-ups about particular songs.

Personally, I like Guiding Light. I don't mind if they do/don't play it at gigs but it irks me if people are already now thinking of what to do if they play it.

/rantover

This. I've paid 60 quid for this gig, I'm not a huge fan of the song, but if people are shouting abuse at the band I'm going to be annoyed.

/rantover

No.

:$

Don't worry about it, Hannah. It's okay not to listen to Jack.

Archived