Gigs to be digitally released...

Finn.

Do you think Muse could releasing some gigs in audio in the future? Something like Reading 360, but just the audio. A lot of people will download this things, a lot of cash for Muse, everybody will be happy. :LOL:

And, what's your favourites gigs to be realeased? And why?

I'll go for:

Earl's Court 2004 - 2nd Night (Best Gig ever)

Wembley Arena 2006 - 2nd Night (Full BH&R)

Wembley 2010 - 2nd Night (2nd best gig ever)

They didn't even let parts of their 2011 Reading/Leeds sets be televised because they weren't comfortable with such infrequently played songs being visible by so many other people not at the gigs - so can't see the band being on board with this. It would just result in even less rarities ever getting played.

They tend to be extremely picky about what they let get released from what I gather. They would probably veto the idea because it would mean potentially releasing a recording that contained an obvious mistake or something.

The released the Supremacy audio for the christmas present where matt fucks up the main riff repeatedly in the beginning. Hits 3 or 4 wrong notes in a row. Part of the reason I've listened to that thing once and never again.

• 2 weeks later...
Can you not go onto MuseLive and download the audio from previous televised shows from the forums there? I've done it a few times.

I think you're missing the point. We can't download the audio from previously

televised shows since the shows we want haven't been televised.

said this before but will say again..

Incubus have also done the same, and allowed people to purchase one, multiple or all shows as a download. I would speculate that its probably bolstered their fanbase. I wouldn't have an issue purchasing a bundle to download some, or all shows from a tour. And the money goes straight back to the band, less the fees to the hosting platform and label. Maybe people who get a ticket for a show can use a redemption code to download that gig for free!

The fact that the shows are different and shows up minor performance imperfections is nothing to have a cow about. Given that there is so much thats crammed in to a gig its no wonder, and certainly nothing to be ashamed of.

It proves that even Muse are mere mortals and can make mistakes too, and that they on the whole play brilliantly live.

Can't remember where we've discussed this before, but I think it would be a great idea. They record the audio of shows anyway (as far as I know), so why not sell it?

They didn't even let parts of their 2011 Reading/Leeds sets be televised because they weren't comfortable with such infrequently played songs being visible by so many other people not at the gigs - so can't see the band being on board with this. It would just result in even less rarities ever getting played.

I think it was not because of that, but because they did want to keep it special for those that attended the occasion.

The audio of the whole Earl's Court gig is available on Youtube:

It's from XFM I think. It's on musebootlegs/muselive too I think.

Yep. It's been around for a long time. It's the broadcast where Glorious was replaced with Dead Star from the first night. Such a shame.

That always pisses me off when I hear it. At least it was a good performance of Dead Star but still.

1. Dracula Mountain

2. Apocalypse Please

3. Hysteria

4. The Small Print

5. Sing for Absolution

6. Micro Cuts

7. Citizen Erased + Take a Bow

8. Space Dementia

9. Ruled by Secrecy

10. Sunburn

11. New Born

12. Butterflies & Hurricanes