I like this one! It would otherwise be average, but the barbed wire adds the extra punch that this photo needed :happy: Now it tells a story instead of being just a snapshop of interesting clouds.

Thank you :happy:, I'm a noob with the technicalities of photography. But it's nice to hear that I get some things right :happy:

Maybe if this thread stays lively we could have a monthly (or something) mini challenge?

I'm up for that too. Maybe something similar to r/picturechallenge on Reddit? People submit photos for the first monthly theme, we all vote on the best at the end of the month, and the winner chooses next month's theme, ans it continyes as such.

http://www.reddit.com/r/PictureChallenge

Maybe if this thread stays lively we could have a monthly (or something) mini challenge?

YES! Much easier to commit to than 365 :D

I recall the Muse fans group on Flickr used to have a monthly challenge but they've been inactive for at least a year or two (three?)

8356758101_4c767d7f66.jpg

Goornong by superfasteganfish, on Flickr

I like the vignette! gives it a nice film quality. :)

So we could try and pick a theme this week, have 2/3 weeks to shoot it and then a week to vote? Shotgun not picking the first theme :p

Heres some theme ideas-

1. Ice/snow

2. trains

3. colorful

4. architecture

5. extreme angles

6. reflective surfaces

tell me if you like any. :) can't wait for this! i haven't had a good shoot in a while :D

I might join. I never take pictures, but this thread makes me want to try :). I guess my pictures won't be too good, but I'd like to see what I can do. I don't know anything about photography, so it all depends on the artistic insights I have. Will probably not be much :(

I hope this list of excuses is enough for me to dare post anything :D

Fuck, my camera broke last month and I don't have any money to repair it or get a new one :supersad: I would have loved to join the contest :(

.... not that I would provide anything good :LOL:

Well if this goes down well I'd imagine you'd get another chance.

Mine will be shit, but it's a good way to improve :yesey:

8355242521_ddf2cfbc8c_c.jpg

Untitled by Thomas Pozegic, on Flickr

aw man selective greyscaling is my pet peeve. can I see the photo pre-edit?

Heres some theme ideas-

1. Ice/snow

2. trains

3. colorful

4. architecture

5. extreme angles

6. reflective surfaces

tell me if you like any. :) can't wait for this! i haven't had a good shoot in a while :D

I like 5 & 6. Really need to get back into photography, but I find its just so much easier to snap a photo on my phone than lug around an expensive DSLR. AND my phone does 8mpx, my camera does like.. 10.

ALSO Gil those photos turned out amazing! love the light in them.

Heres some theme ideas-

1. Ice/snow

2. trains

3. colorful

4. architecture

5. extreme angles

6. reflective surfaces

Not 1 or 2, because plenty of people might be pretty disadvantaged judging by where they live for these.

But the rest sound great, I'm keen to do this!

Another roll of film done today!

all of these are straight from the scans... completely unedited!

ahh wish I had a proper film camera as opposed to my lomo (though it's nice to have). I love how bokeh looks with film grain. my biggest pet peeve must be photos that are photoshopped to look lomo/vintage-ey. :noey:

As I live in Los Angeles, the snow/ice theme will be hard to photograph for but a challenge is a challenge! :thumbsup: probably not important right now, but how will we go about picking a new word every week? does the weekly "winner" get to choose, or something?

ahh wish I had a proper film camera as opposed to my lomo (though it's nice to have). I love how bokeh looks with film grain. my biggest pet peeve must be photos that are photoshopped to look lomo/vintage-ey. :noey:

As I live in Los Angeles, the snow/ice theme will be hard to photograph for but a challenge is a challenge! :thumbsup: probably not important right now, but how will we go about picking a new word every week? does the weekly "winner" get to choose, or something?

I love my Film SLR! and I can't stand that too, that's why I made it clear they were unedited, because I've seen seen that yellow/orange can be recreated (obviously nothing like the real thing) very easily by things like iPhone apps!

And yeah, Australia makes it hard for snow :LOL:

I think each competition should only have 1 theme and 1 photo, to make it easier to choose who you're going to vote for.