So, this happened.

21796_10155336060685008_8624450342173236277_n.jpg?oh=3e9d940337b5448d2c74fab39e15a9a3&oe=55B7D583

Very excited! I'll post a set soon from Flickr :)

Holy crap, that is one of the prettiest aurora pictures ever :eek::awesome::eek::awesome::eek::awesome: Certainly by far the most colourful!

Wish I'd been there :supersad: so 1000000 thanks for posting it so we can enjoy it too! :happy: :happy:

Matthijs, you lucky bastard! :LOL:

It figures though as there was a massive flare or ejection of some kind a few days before apparently.

I've always wanted to see something like that, but I think it's something I'm going to have to travel specifically for someday.

In the meantime, I need to hope the weather's clear for Friday. Not sure whether to get my hopes up or not, haha!

Edited by Bs

Holy crap, that is one of the prettiest aurora pictures ever :eek::awesome::eek::awesome::eek::awesome: Certainly by far the most colourful!

Wish I'd been there :supersad: so 1000000 thanks for posting it so we can enjoy it too! :happy: :happy:

You're being too kind, thank you :happy: I hope I can share some more great photos soon, I don't have much time for the others at the moment.

Matthijs, you lucky bastard! :LOL:

It figures though as there was a massive flare or ejection of some kind a few days before apparently.

I've always wanted to see something like that, but I think it's something I'm going to have to travel specifically for someday.

In the meantime, I need to hope the weather's clear for Friday. Not sure whether to get my hopes up or not, haha!

Thanks man! We'll have clouds :( I was gonna go out with my class damnit!

Thanks everybody for your kind words, it was a great display (strongest in 10 years apparently).

Thanks man! We'll have clouds :( I was gonna go out with my class damnit!

Thanks everybody for your kind words, it was a great display (strongest in 10 years apparently).

Weather forecast here is a bit unpredictable, but I'm going to keep my fingers crossed. Got a bit of practice with just the sun on its own in the past few days though. I have to say, it really is quite beautiful when you look at it properly. Either way, I reckon I'm going to wake up early, set up my tripod and laptop outside, put some music on, and hope for the best.

Very jealous about the aurora viewing anyway. I'm too far south to ever have a hope of seeing something like that here, and that's even without considering light pollution and clouds. I barely get to see the brightest stars as it is, haha! I'm moving to the tropics in a few months anyway, so any future chance to see it will probably depend on if I make a special trip to Iceland or somewhere eventually. Hopefully I can get some darker night skies in the meantime at the very least.

Terje, your pictures are great too! :happy: Thank you! :happy:

I don't have any materials for the eclipse tomorrow, duh. I'm sure the glasses from 16 years ago at least partially still exist... at my parents' place :supersad: I didn't know about this one early enough to be able to get them :facepalm:

At least I looked for northern lights last night, couldn't see any but I would have been pissed if there had been some again and I hadn't even thought to look :LOL:

Wow, Matthijs, that's a thing of beauty! I really hope I get to see something like that someday - it looks incredible!

For the eclipse photos, I used a small solar filter sheet of black polymer and made a little cardboard thing to hold it onto the lens. Pretty simple, but came out nicely. Shame the first hour was so cloudy, so although I could get a few simple shots through the clouds, I couldn't get anything as good as the second half where it's all really clear with the filter. Looks great though.

Matthijs, love the album! So many awesome shots, and how intense those polar lights got on some of them!

Also liked this picture very much:

Northern Lights Corona

So dark (in mood, I mean), kind of like ghostbusters for grown-ups, or something :chuckle: (That is a compliment!)

Also @Bs thanks, great eclipse shots! :happy:

Matthijs, love the album! So many awesome shots, and how intense those polar lights got on some of them!

Also liked this picture very much:

Northern Lights Corona

So dark (in mood, I mean), kind of like ghostbusters for grown-ups, or something :chuckle: (That is a compliment!)

Also @Bs thanks, great eclipse shots! :happy:

Thanks! Need to rework some, as I realised the horizons are completely fucked up :LOL: well, just shows I need to pay more attention when editing...