hmm yeah, I've been looking but second hand ones are barely any cheaper than brand new! I'll just keep my eyes peeled I guess.

tried grey market? I've used this site for my lens purchases, I'm more weary of getting camera body since i won't be able to deal with Canon or whatever directly BUT for lenses, I tend to go nuts and just get them grey market (besides, they do offer alternative warranties where they just foot the bill, mileage my vary)

http://www.hdewcameras.co.uk/

I use this for getting a feel for how cheap lenses can be

http://www.camerapricebuster.co.uk/

ooh i'll look into it, thanks!

sent off the contract and a form to fill in with all the wedding details (who bridesmaids are, timeline of day etc) :happy: feelin pretty professional. I'm thinking of putting together some collections of my best shots (ie, Cuba :LOL:) and approaching some cafes around town. See if they're willing to host my printed, framed photographs.

Problem is that I've lost everything from 2012 and earlier, when my laptop died. So all New York, Europe etc photos are stuck on a dead harddrive. HMPH.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
^^ I have a 60D too, upgraded from a 400D. Makes a big difference! :happy:

img_5000-2.jpg?w=584

img_5044-2.jpg?w=584

img_4964-21.jpg?w=400

still slowly plodding through my cuba photos :LOL:

very nice, the dog looks perfectly satisfied. my dog is so unphotogenic, he always fidget around :) (especially if i try to take a photo of him :LOL: )

:LOL: mine aren't photogenic either, being that they're both black so normally look like dark blurs :chuckle: this was just a poochy sleeping in a doorway in Havana.

There were lots of people who'd set their dogs up with like, sunglasses or a hat or something, and if you wanted to take a photo they charged you!

• 4 weeks later...

Not been in here in a while, as I've had a stressful few months with no time to sort through old photos or take new ones, but I should have a bit more time on my hands now to start going back through them again. Been testing out my two new lenses and I love them both. Will get plenty of pictures up at some point again. In the meantime, tonight was my last night in Japan, so I made the most of the opportunity to take this shot of my local mountain. I've waited years to see this, and it was magical, mystical, and beautiful.

Daimonjiyama_Ky_to_16th_August_2014.jpg

couple more shots up on my bloggylog :happy: I'm liking this so much more than flickr. sorry flickr.

img_4951-3.jpg?w=584&h=389

img_4956-3-2.jpg?w=584&h=389

^^ I have a 60D too, upgraded from a 400D. Makes a big difference! :happy:

img_5000-2.jpg?w=584

img_5044-2.jpg?w=584

img_4964-21.jpg?w=400

still slowly plodding through my cuba photos :LOL:

yeah! Fuck you, Flickr!

Ace photos, also.

I've been slack on here lately but I'll try and step up my game. Was main photographer for a friend's wedding (first time) and borrowed a 5D MK2 for it. Mmmm. Way better than the 400D, though that's what I used for the gig shot.

14844431680_efe97d1e33_z.jpg 15028031171_014f31e6ba_z.jpg

14844529057_8bea83e8b5_z.jpg 14844332099_2930a35ae5_z.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

8 days ago Monty started to deteriorate at a noticeably quicker rate. We suspected he'd got a month or two. Tomorrow he'll probably be put to sleep. Inevitably gutted. Moreso given we lost Polly, our first dog, last summer. 13 months and two dogs.

I took this one of him a while back. I forget how long ago. Some point back towards the end of Spring I think. I liked the idea of him resting peacefully.

15236842256_6e7faaa84d_c.jpg

• 4 weeks later...
Has anyone ever traveled abroad with their camera gear, and did you get your stuff insured? This hobby is really too expensive :noey:

I never bother with travel insurance tbh.

So the wedding was on Friday. It went really well! This is my little teaser shot

10474624_10152739764599043_1600202892465830197_n.jpg?oh=0c82753d1bc9126ec34df90167b0f866&oe=54EF3CBC&__gda__=1425031145_03405a902f58935bf29cbecc2e8b8177

Only complaint is the wedding was outside at 11am in a bright, sunny spot. So I really struggled with getting away from the harsh shadows. Will have to edit the ceremony photos a bit more than is ideal.

I have, and I don't insure it. Most of my things are second hand and I'm not sure if it's going to be worth it. In addition, most travel insurances cover things you bring on your trip. You should see what yours covers.

oo seeing your pics makes me excited to try out my new toy abroad :) glad to have a f/2.8 with a wider angle

oh I don't have travel insurance. health insurance (lol 'Murrica) will cover me health-wise. Property is another thing. I'm waiting on an insurance estimate but I just taped up the lens to make it look cheap and broken. I'm afraid the thing might actually need to be repaired as I bought it as a refurb and it occasionally gives my camera error messages. I don't live too far from a Canon service center, but I can only stop by there post-holiday. Best thing to do for now is bring a back-up lens for traveling.

nice photos, everyone :) I need to get back into editing

14629247957_8b6900b213_z.jpg

Lorikeet Love by Lucy (嘉莉), on Flickr

Edited by polythenelucy