6D has arrived :awesome: can't wait to start shooting that puppy

Snap :cool: What lenses are you using with it? How do you find the AF detection and AV mode?

I've starting shooting in manual now because I think the AV auto shutter ends up a little too slow for me even with auto iso.

I currently have the 17-35 f/2.8, but thinking of ditching that one (don't find it sharp at all), 24-70 f/2.8, 70-200 f/2.8 and 50 f/1.4.

I always use autofocus and manual mode, autofocus quite good, can't tell anything about AV mode.

Do you know you can adjust the AF settings? Maybe they're not sensitive enough for your needs! (manual, pages 307-309)

• 2 weeks later...
We ran three rivers which are all really cool. The Rhuddnant is the most dramatic- you basically start at the source, then you have to hike over boggy hillside and abseil down to the point from which you can start paddling again (there's a big waterfall straight onto rock). And from there, it drops quite a way:

11028037_1021940817824431_3079699372319812123_n.jpg?oh=97c884fabdc240be0c5ba2b4615c949f&oe=567BF5FC

11934950_1021943074490872_7613696182831285532_n.jpg?oh=d48bf0dfca2fc0242686e4359d79485b&oe=563D0C13

That highest bit of water is just above where you put back on.

wooooo, It looks very stimulating

oneplus 2 etui

Edited by jupo121

I currently have the 17-35 f/2.8, but thinking of ditching that one (don't find it sharp at all), 24-70 f/2.8, 70-200 f/2.8 and 50 f/1.4.

I always use autofocus and manual mode, autofocus quite good, can't tell anything about AV mode.

Do you know you can adjust the AF settings? Maybe they're not sensitive enough for your needs! (manual, pages 307-309)

Mm nice selection of lenses.

Yeah I'm aware of af micro adjustments though not tried to tweak them. I need somewhere with consistent lighting. I have the 17-40mm f4 and found it's not as crispy or as satisfying as the 50mm f1.4

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Hey since you guys know about photography here, am I able to increase the size of my photographs without losing too much quality? I have an image I would like use for a poster print but the pixel size is not big enough apparently. :( Its 3000 pixels high but the print shop needs it in 4961 pixels...

Any tool or such I could use?

It highly depends on the filetype you have. If you have JPEG it will be very well visible, more so than with RAW files for example. Also, DPI matters a lot.

This also matters: https://photographylife.com/how-to-enlarge-photographs-for-printing

• 2 weeks later...
Looks like a show with great light! Still rocking the 60D right?

Yeah, the lighting was just phenomenal. Couldn't have asked for better. I find it annoying that I've had so many people look at those photos and go "OH MY GOD THEY'RE AMAZING YOU'RE SO TALENTED" when it was one of the easiest gigs I've shot in years :LOL: A shit band no-one's heard of in a tiny venue with pure red lighting... now that takes talent to get good photos, haha.

Still using the 60D, yeah. I ought to upgrade because it's starting to really hold me back, but I just don't have the disposable funds at the moment. I need a rich benefactor or something :LOL:

In the meantime, though, I just won a compact, so I guess that makes up for something. Canon G7X. I haven't had a compact with zoom for two years now, so I am PSYCHED :D