"Madness" or "Starlight"  

173 members have voted

1. 1. "Madness" or "Starlight"

• Madness
    • Starlight

• 2 weeks later...

tricky question, as each song was released at a different time in Muse's career and was composed from different personal experiences

IMO, Madness has more lyrical potency, and the crescendo during the second half is amazing

Starlight is a good pop song, but it kinda felt out of place when related to the rest of the record

seriously though, does that really make a difference here :chuckle:

It can, if that comes through in the song, and causes one to feel more heartfelt, or if the individual relates to it differently.

Also, comparing a song about unresolved loneliness to one with a very happy ending...

I prefer Madness, however. Starlight actually doesn't feel as emotional to me as Madness, and can get stale more quickly.

Although, I prefer some of the lyrics of Starlight.

Starlight used to be my favorite Muse song, but then was replaced by Madness. I listened to it non stop since it came out and I never got tired of it. So I choose Madness.

Honestly, in my opinion, it's one of the best songs they've ever done and my all time favorite from them. :cool:

Screenager, Bedroom Acoustics, Nishe > Madness

Nishe what Fabri said, although it really is nice

Bedroom Acoustics is just Matt showing off. It's not individual or anything, just a proper guitar work wich turns out to sound good.

and Screenager is close, yes. opinionz

Archived