:LOL:

I was just thinking that. Why can't fans simply accept that he's following doctors' orders and leave it at that? An unfortunate accident. No there has to be a conspiracy ...

Muse hardly ever cancel gigs, but this time Matt just fancied a longer holiday. It was obviously an excuse because he's so lazy, doesn't care any more etc

:facepalm:

Well, being that it's been said he's totally a candidate for cortizone injections, that he's not broken a foot, only a toe, that he could wrap it and put weight on it, I assumed people here were doctors who had examined him and could tell for sure that there were no other complicating factors, that he has no other conditions or sensitivities that would prohibit the use of certain drugs to make him fit to play, that his pain levels are okay, and that the fractures are not the type to be aggravated and possibly worsened by weight bearing activities.

I mean, there's no other reason for such comments besides the fact that the people who have said them have medical degrees and have examined Matthew. Clearly.

Only because people were slating the fact that Matt needs time to recover. I'm happy to accept that he does, and that Muse wouldn't cancel gigs lightly.

Couldn't the fact that the cancelled gigs aren't the one you're attending influence your willingness to accept it?

Well, being that it's been said he's totally a candidate for cortizone injections, that he's not broken a foot, only a toe, that he could wrap it and put weight on it, I assumed people here were doctors who had examined him and could tell for sure that there were no other complicating factors, that he has no other conditions or sensitivities that would prohibit the use of certain drugs to make him fit to play, that his pain levels are okay, and that the fractures are not the type to be aggravated and possibly worsened by weight bearing activities.

I mean, there's no other reason for such comments besides the fact that the people who have said them have medical degrees and have examined Matthew. Clearly.

:yesey:

"they feel that they will not be able to do justice to their live show and the fans who have bought tickets with Matt performing on crutches"

Muse's words. Also, have a look at that pic I posted and tell me what you think of where his two broken bones are.

So since we're saying that he could play a sitting/acoustic/whatever stripped down gig with his broken toe, we have no human decency? :LOL:

It's never really going to happen with a band of Muse's live reputation that they'll do that, I'd imagine the size of the place they're playing would come into it as well. It's not like they're particularly energetic anymore anyway though, and QOTSA played shows when Josh's foot was broken.

If I was going to these gigs, I'd be pissed, but from something closer to an objective viewpoint it makes sense.

I saw the film that was posted. I am not a radiologist or a doctor.

It looks to me like at least the one break is actually the tarsal BELOW where the toe meets the foot. The bones of the foot look like toes all the way almost back to the ankle. It's easy for someone who is not medically trained to mistake them for toes. Also, based on the shadowing, it looks like he might have even been moving a bit during the xray which would also skew the location of the break a bit. It looks to be right where the toe connects to the foot to me though. Based solely on my limitd A&P courses in college.

Again.I wouldn't even speculate if you hadn't asked. I am not a doctor or a radiologist, and Matt said he broke his foot. I believe him.

So since we're saying that he could play a sitting/acoustic/whatever stripped down gig with his broken toe, we have no human decency? :LOL:

What i don't get is, the guys are basically saying they want to give you guys the absolute best possible show they can give, and you all seem to be demanding less of them :p.

The thing is, a stripped down gigs for us fans would be fantastic, we wouldn't even mind him sitting on a chair all night just for the chance to see them. But as we all know they perform more to the NEW fans, who will certainly not be too bothered about going to see them again, especially after the first time they saw them "that lead singer guy didn't even get up off his chair all night"

What i don't get is, the guys are basically saying they want to give you guys the absolute best possible show they can give, and you all seem to be demanding less of them :p.

The thing is, a stripped down gigs for us fans would be fantastic, we wouldn't even mind him sitting on a chair all night just for the chance to see them. But as we all know they perform more to the NEW fans, who will certainly not be too bothered about going to see them again, especially after the first time they saw them "that lead singer guy didn't even get up off his chair all night"

I think you're forgetting about losing all the money for flights and hotel reservations.

What i don't get is' date=' the guys are basically saying they want to give you guys the absolute best possible show they can give, and you all seem to be demanding less of them :p.[/quote']

The fault in this argument is that it's less or nothing at all, not less or more.

"We want to give you guys the absolute best possible show, so therefore we won't be playing"

We're just saying we'd rather have a "lesser" gig than nothing at all...

Also, yeah, new fans will be so much more positive about Muse after this than they would have been after an acoustic gig when they knew the singer had a broken foot/toe/whatever...

Archived