And you're getting a stadium gig. Guess who aren't getting one :'(

Not that I would have gone anyway, hate stadium gigs.

It's barely any consolation at all! I'd gladly give up 5 stadium gigs to get one arena gig.

Edit: Will prolly still go though. Bah.

Edit 2: And I don't understand why Sweden doesn't get stadium gigs! :stunned:

"We'll try to reschedule the gig"

problem solved.

But with the internet nowadays, that would immediatly be misconstrued to "we are definately going to reschedule these gigs". So in the event it didn't happen, people are going to be just as pissy. It's a lose lose situation, if they do say something, when it doesnt happen people will be angry. If they don't say anything, people will think they dont care. I'd certainly side with not saying anything. But i guess thats opinion.

Seriously. I know you're all heartbroken and all, but can you seriously, seriously imagine him going, "Oh yesss, it's broken! thanks doc, that means I can have time off, fuck Sweden up the arse and balls to those thousands of people, lol in your face."

no. Nothing of the size and stature of a Muse gig would be cancelled lightly. C'mon now. It'll probably cost them a lot of money to cancel them now, as well.

Damn, I'm glad I only have 4 or 5 customers to let down when I'm sick.

No matter how you try to debate it, you can play a gig with broken toes.

The reason Muse gave wasn't that he couldn't play, but that they thought they couldn't give us the experience we deserved or something like that. Basically "better to get your tickets refunded than to pay full price for a less than full gig". Which would have been almost fair enough if it wasn't for travel costs and hotels and whatever people are paying.

But with the internet nowadays' date=' that would immediatly be misconstrued to "we are definately going to reschedule these gigs". So in the event it didn't happen, people are going to be just as pissy. It's a lose lose situation, if they do say something, when it doesnt happen people will be angry. If they don't say anything, people will think they dont care. I'd certainly side with not saying anything. But i guess thats opinion.[/quote']

But on the other hand not saying anything translates to "Muse aren't coming back. Deal with it nerds"

It's not much of an internet thing as much as people jump to conclusions. I don't think that's something they can avoid, so might as well just say it.

But with the internet nowadays' date=' that would immediatly be misconstrued to "we are definately going to reschedule these gigs". So in the event it didn't happen, people are going to be just as pissy. It's a lose lose situation, if they do say something, when it doesnt happen people will be angry. If they don't say anything, people will think they dont care. I'd certainly side with not saying anything. But i guess thats opinion.[/quote']

So lets review the alternatives you just gave.

1. Cancel the gig and that's that, people get pissy.

2. Cancel the gig and say that you'll try to reschedule. If it doesn't work out, people get just as pissy.

I think you missed the outcome where Muse actually manages to reschedule.

Damn, I'm glad I only have 4 or 5 customers to let down when I'm sick.

Im exactly the same :LOL: I just cant let my customers down no matter how bad im feeling. So being in the position of having no other choice than to let thousands of fans down isn't something he would be happy about.

:LOL: Lack of work ethic. I've never known a band that tours as much as Muse.

Sure he shows up for the gigs these days. After all, that's how he gets paid. But the sets are short, and he blows off a whole load of his vocal parts. That screams "I just want to go home" to me.

And you really think American footballers are making those decisions on their own? They wouldn't be allowed to set foot(hah) on the field if the medical staff didn't allow it.

The fact that you seem to have found one source that says 10 days and another one that says 6 weeks says it all...

Absolutely. Those guys get paid a fortune, and are worth a fortune to their teams. The team doctors wouldn't risk hurting them more.

"We'll try to reschedule the gig"

problem solved.

Simple as that.

So lets review the alternatives you just gave.

1. Cancel the gig and that's that, people get pissy.

2. Cancel the gig and say that you'll try to reschedule. If it doesn't work out, people get just as pissy.

I think you missed the outcome where Muse actually manages to reschedule.

Well that was because i don't actually expect much to come of it after this has all died down, as much as i don't like to say it. There's gigs right up to christmas, Japan/America all the start of 2013, and then i think it's highly unlikely for them to repeat a couple of arena gigs in the middle of their "largest stadium tour yet". Especially not with them playing a stadium gig in one of the countries anyway.

What are the ticket sales like for those shows? Anyone?

I am just wondering if they were going to break even or make some money, and whether or not that played into whether it would be worth it to stand there in pain on a broken foot for a handful of people and lose money or stand there in pain on a broken foot in front of an enthusiastic crowd and make money, kwim?

What are the ticket sales like for those shows? Anyone?

I am just wondering if they were going to break even or make some money, and whether or not that played into whether it would be worth it to stand there in pain on a broken foot for a handful of people and lose money or stand there in pain on a broken foot in front of an enthusiastic crowd and make money, kwim?

The Norway show sold out immediately.

Even minor injuries fuck up one's schedule completely. It's not just a case of being able to physically play a guitar on a stage, is it. Obviously. It's all logistics, appointments, getting everyone from a to b, sorting everything and everybody out, as I read on somebody's tweet earlier - 'to be a tour manager, the test will be staying awake for three days, then guiding 17 cats through an airport'

- the whole management team MUST have already looked into a way of rescheduling these shows while keeping the rest of the tour on track, and not been able to come up with a solution. They can't reschedule, they've apologised. They could've explained more, but y'know.

I can't believe I'm defending this shit. ULTIMATE MUES DEFENDOR.

Even minor injuries fuck up one's schedule completely. It's not just a case of being able to physically play a guitar on a stage, is it. Obviously. It's all logistics, appointments, getting everyone from a to b, sorting everything and everybody out, as I read on somebody's tweet earlier - 'to be a tour manager, the test will be staying awake for three days, then guiding 17 cats through an airport'

- the whole management team MUST have already looked into a way of rescheduling these shows while keeping the rest of the tour on track, and not been able to come up with a solution. They can't reschedule, they've apologised. They could've explained more, but y'know.

I can't believe I'm defending this shit. ULTIMATE MUES DEFENDOR.

While you make a pretty fair point in the first part, I can't possibly imagine that so many things would change because he had to use crutches. Obviously if he broke both his feet or something it would be different, but all it really means now for a gig that is happening next week is that Matt would walk slower.

but all it really means now for a gig that is happening next week is that Matt would walk slower.

And possibly be in horrendous pain trying to put weight on it for two hours with no crutches. Or maybe do some more long term damage that could affect more things in the future.

I know the dissapointment and inconvenience/money lost is not very good at all, but Bells still loves you Sippe.

While you make a pretty fair point in the first part, I can't possibly imagine that so many things would change because he had to use crutches. Obviously if he broke both his feet or something it would be different, but all it really means now for a gig that is happening next week is that Matt would walk slower.

:LOL: no but like I say it's not just physically getting him to the stage that's the issue. He's probably got all sorts of things to get done in the next few weeks. I'm not about to start speculating on his diary, but just making the point that it's clearly fucked all the plans.

And possibly be in horrendous pain trying to put weight on it for two hours with no crutches. Or maybe do some more long term damage that could affect more things in the future.

I know the dissapointment and inconvenience/money lost is not very good at all, but Bells still loves you Sippe.

What weight are you guys even talking about? He isn't gonna balance guitars on his foot.

Like it's been mentioned, loads of other artists have managed to go through whole gigs with broken bones. And trust me, unless he tried to stage dive, he wouldn't cause any long term damage to it...

If I can participate during PE with a broken toe, Matt can sit down and play guitar.

Have I missed an article about Matt's injury anywhere because the annoucement I read said that Matt had broken two bones in his foot - completely different from breaking 2 toes. :erm:

So glad we're all doctors and can diagnose and take Matt's overall health into account here, and proclaim him fit to play gigs in the next few days. I mean, I know my radiology course and A&P and practicum courses were really hard. Good thing we can put them to use for a guy we've never met.

So glad we're all doctors and can diagnose and take Matt's overall health into account here, and proclaim him fit to play gigs in the next few days. I mean, I know my radiology course and A&P and practicum courses were really hard. Good thing we can put them to use for a guy we've never met.

We don't need to diagnose anything because thankfully Muse have actually told us the problem.

:LOL:

I was just thinking that. Why can't fans simply accept that he's following doctors' orders and leave it at that? Accept that it was an unfortunate accident and wish him a speedy recovery. No there has to be a conspiracy ...

Muse hardly ever cancel gigs, but this time Matt just fancied a longer holiday. It was obviously an excuse because he's so lazy, doesn't care any more etc

Archived