Wow. I really hope the band make their own, personal public statement and apologize. The really, REALLY should re-schedule the shows. If it's a matter of logistics -- like they can't get they're umpteen zillion trucks with the stage set-up there at the end of the current tour, then they should do the gigs without the elaborate stage set up. Period. Hopefully they'll come out and say something by tomorrow. They really need to take a lesson from Brandon Flowers and the Killers, who were very apologetic and did reschedule after the Manchester incident.

If they do neither, then there's no way around it. Muse are dicks, and they're heads have hopelessly and completely disappeared up their asses.

Jeez the poor guy is probably in some degree of pain and all some people can think of is how much they should apologise. It was an accident. Shit happens. Some people will miss out on a two and a half hour gig. It's not the end of the world.

Jeez the poor guy is probably in some degree of pain and all some people can think of is how much they should apologise. It was an accident. Shit happens. Some people will miss out on a two and a half hour gig. It's not the end of the world.

Lots of people who might have even done a lot of planning to set aside dates or even travel are disappointed. Yes he is in pain and I understand why he would cancel but in any form of professionalism you don't just flat out cancel an event that big and leave it at that.

Lots of people who might have even done a lot of planning to set aside dates or even travel are disappointed. Yes he is in pain and I understand why he would cancel but in any form of professionalism you don't just flat out cancel an event that big and leave it at that.

Yep, people are gonna be out of pocket because of travel arrangements they can't get refunds for added to the huge disappointment of a gig they were really looking forward to. I feel really sorry for them :(

Muse shouldn't apologise, they should play the fucking gig since two broken toes isn't stopping him from playing or singing.

And I've spent more money on travels and getting a place to stay than I have on the two tickets that I've gotten refunded.

They didn't just flat out cancel though. Matt let us know what had happened followed by a tweet from Muse apologising for the cancellation. They have already apologised. What more do people want, for Muse to grovel for our forgiveness?

It's a shame and it's shitty that people who have booked travel etc have lost out. It is hardly a crime though. Just an unfortunate accident.

They didn't just flat out cancel though. Matt let us know what had happened followed by a tweet from Muse apologising for the cancellation. They have already apologised. What more do people want, for Muse to grovel for our forgiveness?

He means that they should at least mention that they will try to give us another gig...

Three cancelled shows in Sweden and not a word about a new date after either of them.

Yep, people are gonna be out of pocket because of travel arrangements they can't get refunds for added to the huge disappointment of a gig they were really looking forward to. I feel really sorry for them :(

Yeah, this will be me if they cancel Hamburg, etc. That's a hefty non-refundable plane ticket from the US. :( Here's to hoping for a quick recovery.

And yeah I think asking for an apology is a bit much -- they hate having to do this, I'm sure. I feel so bad for the people this is affecting, I hope they make it up to you somehow. :(

Maybe something more professional and explanatory than a tweet and quick article? Maybe at least signs that they're trying for a reschedule?

Again, I know this is out of their control for a large part, but it's about 80 thousand people that have been put into different levels of their own complications due to this. It's not just like cancelling a lunch meeting or something.

Just some official sign they're going to try and reschedule would be good enough for me.

Muse shouldn't apologise, they should play the fucking gig since two broken toes isn't stopping him from playing or singing.

And I've spent more money on travels and getting a place to stay than I have on the two tickets that I've gotten refunded.

Matt really could easily have a doctor tape his toes up and get a cortisone injection and do the shows. American football players play with broken bones all the time. I guess he's just not that dedicated. This incident really spotlights Matt's "fuck it" attitude and lack of work ethic. Sippe is right. It's a broken toe -- not even a BIG toe. His hands aren't broken. I'm really starting to think Matt's a dick.

Matt really could easily have a doctor tape his toes up and get a cortisone injection and do the shows. American football players play with broken bones all the time. I guess he's just not that dedicated. This incident really spotlights Matt's "fuck it" attitude and lack of work ethic. Sippe is right. It's a broken toe -- not even a BIG toe. His hands aren't broken. I'm really starting to think Matt's a dick.

If I can participate during PE with a broken toe, Matt can sit down and play guitar.

If you look at medical advice sites, it says either to keep weight off the foot for 10 days, or 4 to 6 weeks in the one I saw. If American footballers are foolhardy enough to compromise their health, that's up to them, but personally I think it's reasonable that Matt doesn't want to do the same to play gigs. Disappointing and upsetting for those who were due to attend I can understand but it's not exactly a life or death situation. It would be nice to show Matt some sympathy as well, so to say that's down to a "fuck it" attitude or that Matt is a dick is...well there aren't words.

Anyway, no point carrying on the argument. Get well soon Matt.

Just some official sign they're going to try and reschedule would be good enough for me.

I think your all jumping the gun far too soon. I know it's a major inconvenience and dissapointment to thousands of people. But the most important thing to Muse and Muse management is Matt getting himself sorted, followed by announcing it as quick as possible to ensure people don't travel.

They can't just pluck gigs out of their arses, tours of this size are planned a good year beforehand and work on the basis of nothing going wrong. So they can't just say "were rescheduling it for the week after" because they are somewhere else in the world. Especially in Europe. The European gigs are packed in so tightly that any major mishap like this cannot be corrected, compared to the Japanese gigs which they have to allow themselves days in advance just to get stuff transported in time, which then gives the band a day or so leeway in case of any 'unforseen circumstances', as happened this year.

Yes, it would be great if they said "we will be rescheduling the dates in the future" but they aren't going to say something which they may not be able to follow up on for a year or more.

If you look at medical advice sites, it says either to keep weight off the foot for 10 days, or 4 to 6 weeks in the one I saw. If American footballers are foolhardy enough to compromise their health, that's up to them, but personally I think it's reasonable that Matt doesn't want to do the same to play gigs. It's not exactly a live or death situation, so to say that's down to a "fuck it" attitude or that Matt is a dick is well... there aren't words.
And you really think American footballers are making those decisions on their own? They wouldn't be allowed to set foot(hah) on the field if the medical staff didn't allow it.

The fact that you seem to have found one source that says 10 days and another one that says 6 weeks says it all...

I think your all jumping the gun far too soon. I know it's a major inconvenience and dissapointment to thousands of people. But the most important thing to Muse and Muse management is Matt getting himself sorted, followed by announcing it as quick as possible to ensure people don't travel.

They can't just pluck gigs out of their arses, tours of this size are planned a good year beforehand and work on the basis of nothing going wrong. So they can't just say "were rescheduling it for the week after" because they are somewhere else in the world. Especially in Europe. The European gigs are packed in so tightly that any major mishap like this cannot be corrected, compared to the Japanese gigs which they have to allow themselves days in advance just to get stuff transported in time, which then gives the band a day or so leeway in case of any 'unforseen circumstances', as happened this year.

Yes, it would be great if they said "we will be rescheduling the dates in the future" but they aren't going to say something which they may not be able to follow up on for a year or more.

"We'll try to reschedule the gig"

problem solved.

I do agree with the part that they can't just get gigs from thin air. I still think there's a chance they're probably planning some reschedule and are waiting for a good time to announce, but even just saying "We'll try to reschedule" is better than nothing at all, no?

I was mainly responding to the comment that people shouldn't be asking anything of them.

Also I think the Denver show was rescheduled months afterwards last tour. Could be the same this time. But then again it is Sweden.

Seriously. I know you're all heartbroken and all, but can you seriously, seriously imagine him going, "Oh yesss, it's broken! thanks doc, that means I can have time off, fuck Sweden up the arse and balls to those thousands of people, lol in your face."

no. Nothing of the size and stature of a Muse gig would be cancelled lightly. C'mon now. It'll probably cost them a lot of money to cancel them now, as well.

Damn, I'm glad I only have 4 or 5 customers to let down when I'm sick.

Archived