So since we're saying that he could play a sitting/acoustic/whatever stripped down gig with his broken toe, we have no human decency? :LOL:

I'm not referring to people who have said that. But I can understand why they don't want to do that. Whereas some would rather they did than cancel, and I would probably agree, it wouldn't be the show as it should be. It would be a major compromise, the show could lack energy if Matt wasn't at his best, and there's no guarantee that the majority of the audience would chose that option.

I can't really imagine tbh what it would be like with Matt sitting at the mic the whole time.

I saw the film that was posted. I am not a radiologist or a doctor.

It looks to me like at least the one break is actually the tarsal BELOW where the toe meets the foot. The bones of the foot look like toes all the way almost back to the ankle. It's easy for someone who is not medically trained to mistake them for toes. Also, based on the shadowing, it looks like he might have even been moving a bit during the xray which would also skew the location of the break a bit. It looks to be right where the toe connects to the foot to me though. Based solely on my limitd A&P courses in college.

Again.I wouldn't even speculate if you hadn't asked. I am not a doctor or a radiologist, and Matt said he broke his foot. I believe him.

Fair enough.

I think you're forgetting about losing all the money for flights and hotel reservations.

And as Leetroot just said, a rescheduled gig isn't good for everyone either. I know some people will have lost a lot of money because of whats happened. But unless you want the guys to live their lives wrapped in bubble wrap then this sort of thing can happen to the best of us.

And as Leetroot just said' date=' a rescheduled gig isn't good for everyone either. I know some people will have lost a lot of money because of whats happened. But unless you want the guys to live their lives wrapped in bubble wrap then this sort of thing can happen to the best of us.[/quote']

You're constantly missing the points :p

no one is saying that a rescheduled gig would solve everything, but it would undoubtedly be better than nothing. There's no arguing that really.

Also, no one(except maybe Dee) is arguing for that Matt shouldn't have allowed his foot to be broken, so not sure what the last point is all about. We've moved on from the incident and are now talking about what the solution should be.

Don't hotels and airlines let you cancel as long as you reschedule? It's been a long time since I've flown... but I know they used to.

Still, I can't believe it went right to "hey! here's your money back" instead of them saying "hey, hang on to those tickets, and we'll let you know when we're coming back."

It's true they can't just tell the venue they want X dates... but they certainly should be able to get something at SOME point...

Would have made a lot of people feel a little better, at least.

Don't hotels and airlines let you cancel as long as you reschedule? It's been a long time since I've flown... but I know they used to.

Well then it's not really a cancellation, is it? :p

But most airlines and hotels that I've used have offered it for an extra fee when you buy the tickets/rooms.

What should the solution be?

I know rescheduling would be nice. Who is to say they won't? I don't think that's been decided. But if they did, what would that look like? How could they do that without throwing off the rest of the tour?

It looks like maybe there's some time between the end of the European tour and the Japan dates. Assuming the venues have not scheduled anything in those time frames, and the transportation for the crew, the set, the band, and all the other people that would have to go could be arranged, it looks to be the best option...

But I don't know, is something like that feasible? It's a big deal to move around a show of this magnitude but there's several weeks between now and those dates in order to accomplish it...

I know rescheduling would be nice. Who is to say they won't? I don't think that's been decided. But if they did, what would that look like? How could they do that without throwing off the rest of the tour?

It looks like maybe there's some time between the end of the European tour and the Japan dates. Assuming the venues have not scheduled anything in those time frames, and the transportation for the crew, the set, the band, and all the other people that would have to go could be arranged, it looks to be the best option...

But I don't know, is something like that feasible? It's a big deal to move around a show of this magnitude but there's several weeks between now and those dates in order to accomplish it...

Like it's been said, obviously they wouldn't be able to get a new gig arranged with a snap of their fingers but there isn't even an implication that they'll even try, much as last time they cancelled two years ago. "Sorry, due to unforeseen circumstances we can't play." and that's it. If it was one gig then it wouldn't have been such a big deal, but Malmö is the third cancelled Swedish gig in a row. At the very least Muse could show us that they WANT to repay us in some way.

But a reasonable solution imo would be to try and get a stadium gig next year.

When they cancelled Denver (because of a snowstorm), it was rescheduled months later during the next leg of the tour I think, maybe even longer.

When they cancelled 4 US gigs due to Chris having a baby, they rescheduled 2 and promised to do the other 2 during the next tour.

Go figure. Hopefully they'll still come out with another statement about rescheduling.

Well then it's not really a cancellation, is it? :p

But most airlines and hotels that I've used have offered it for an extra fee when you buy the tickets/rooms.

Yeah, that's what I had to do. I got a voucher for the flight/hotel money, and had to pay like a $50 fine.

I've been through the "made plans, got cancelled" scenario a lot myself. Sucks. :(

Big part of why I stopped doing it, tbh.

But, if they were to say they were going to tack on the shows at the end of the tour, or something, it would at least have given people in that situation some options.

So, I hope something like that does come along.

I kind of hope Matt never reads this thread in the hope of some fan sympathy...I'm nervous they'll cancel Finland next as it is a couple of days after the Sweden gigs. Still, if he can't play he can't play. Hope he gets better soon.

According to the site he can play though... Just not as usual, which is kind of obvious.

When they cancelled Denver (because of a snowstorm), it was rescheduled months later during the next leg of the tour I think, maybe even longer.

When they cancelled 4 US gigs due to Chris having a baby, they rescheduled 2 and promised to do the other 2 during the next tour.

Did Chris's wife go into labor early or something? If not, I find it odd that they scheduled shows knowing the birth would be imminent around that time.

Did anyone ever find out what the "unforeseen circumstances" were that cancelled the last gig in Sweden? Was it just one gig?

Does anyone know if it's the same concert promoter running the three gigs that were cancelled this time around?

The most likely reason for the cancellation seems to have been that the venue wasn't fit to hold what Muse had been promised.

Either that or just too few sold tickets, but then it would be weird to book an even bigger venue this time...and then add another one.

The most likely reason for the cancellation seems to have been that the venue wasn't fit to hold what Muse had been promised.

Either that or just too few sold tickets, but then it would be weird to book an even bigger venue this time...and then add another one.

Hmmmm....

Just wondering if, perhaps, there was a problem this time around as well.....

It was too few sold tickets...:stunned:

Archived