Sorted, myself and my 4 friends all got our GA tickets. What with this (and hopefully the 25th too if there are still tickets for that after payday) and the two Depeche Mode gigs I'm going to that week it will be the BEST WEEK EVER! My two favourite bands! :D The only way they could possibly top that is if they were to do a joint gig... (HINT)

Oh, and it has to be said: least stressful pre-sale ever! Though I could have done with knowing in advance you could order 4 tickets, not 2.

That's what I was going on based on what TicketMaster say:

"This event is pitch standing / unreserved level 1 seats. Unreserved seats will be available on a first come first served basis."

Looking at G&T, it seems like the reserved seating is:

£54.45 Block 102, uppper tier at the back

£60.50 Block 113, 134, 91, upper tier, side on to stage (kind of over the match centre line)

£93.50 All sorts of Club level, nob seats

£54.45 GA (standing & L1 unreserved, according to TM)

So, makes you wonder why you'd buy the crappy upstairs seats at the back, unless you knew you were going to be late and just really wanted allocated seats...? And why you'd pay more for the OK pricey seats upstairs when you could get far better downstairs just by getting there in reasonable time?

Anyway, that's me sorted for the day. The usual "you're in a queue 'cos we're busy" implied it'd be another pre-sale frustration, but I guess the member codes made a difference this time :-)

Guess I should have looked in on this thread, as it was a bit difficult to make a split second decision. I would have preferred reserved seating, but it didn't seem worth it, so I went for GA. I was going to go for the cheap seats, but was tempted while waiting to go for the expensive ones.

The other seats look pretty bad, all up with the gods. Well I'm not sure what you're getting for the club seats. Pretty expensive though. The club seats aren't really that close are they?

I suppose it would have made sense to go for the club seats in the presale if I was going to two gigs, but felt uncomfortable about spending that much in any case.

Guess I should have looked in on this thread, as it was a bit difficult to make a split second decision. I would have preferred reserved seating, but it didn't seem worth it, so I went for GA. The other seats look pretty bad, all up with the gods. Well I'm not sure what you're getting for the club seats. Pretty expensive though. The club seats aren't really that close are they?

Club seats give you slightly bigger seats and let you feel like you're important, as well as being potentially the best reserved seats you can buy. Think you get dedicated catering/bar stuff. All this matters quite a bit to some people - a complete waste to me!

I honestly know someone who only goes to an event if they can get a private catered box...

so guys, how hard is it to get some decent seats with general admission then, how early would you have to arrive (for a party of 3)

For Coldplay at the same venue ealier this year I showed up late. Like... missed every support act late,

And there were plenty of unreserved seats available.

Club seats give you slightly bigger seats and let you feel like you're important, as well as being potentially the best reserved seats you can buy. Think you get dedicated catering/bar stuff. All this matters quite a bit to some people - a complete waste to me!

I honestly know someone who only goes to an event if they can get a private catered box...

Not at all important to me either! All that is important to me is getting a good view.

I'll turn you into a Swede and then send you off in the general direction of some lovely girl.

Luke can provide....nothing really, but that's okay.

In a group of two there's always the brains and the brawn

I can be the dick. The guy that's so horrible to the girl that she lower her standards enough to get with Dave!

Exactly!

Archived