matthijs

I thought it was possible to change the cover on the pickup. I'm sure musecasters said it was actually a single coil sized sustainer in there, but the circuitry was the main difference (no blend mode etc)

But it'll just get scratched up again for no reason. That seems to happen.

Not sure why I'm replying to you when I know you're not going to reply back :supersad:

I'm still around, occasionally, at the moment at least. I did ask about the sustainer but they said they couldn't change the cover because there wasn't one. There is nothing in the bottom part I think, but I think it's all built in together, so you can only change the whole pickup.

I'm still around, occasionally, at the moment at least. I did ask about the sustainer but they said they couldn't change the cover because there wasn't one. There is nothing in the bottom part I think, but I think it's all built in together, so you can only change the whole pickup.

buck_rogers.mov

Fair enough. Most of the surface on mine has worn down, but I'm not too bothered since the entire guitar is starting to show some wear.

Has the magic bridge been delivered? Do keep us (or at least me) updated

You can put any thing over the top instead of the white, had the mirror in for a week now.

Do you find that the different materials affect the sensitivity of the X-Y at all? I had that black material put over the top of the two M1N1s, and they don't seem to work quite as well as the X-Y pad in the MB-1

But maybe that's because it's a different design? I don't know.

Has the magic bridge been delivered? Do keep us (or at least me) updated

Never again will I repeat myself, enough is never enough, never again will I repeat myself...

dav pls

Mirror...because. YES :facemelt:

You haven't seen the gold one though!

Do you find that the different materials affect the sensitivity of the X-Y at all? I had that black material put over the top of the two M1N1s, and they don't seem to work quite as well as the X-Y pad in the MB-1

But maybe that's because it's a different design? I don't know.

Never again will I repeat myself, enough is never enough, never again will I repeat myself...

dav pls

You haven't seen the gold one though!

You should put the material under the pad, not over!!

how would I be able to see it if it goes underneath?

I can't tell, but it looks like there's a thin piece of black material between the frame and pad... I don't know for sure though, as thought it would just replace the standard white backing. It still works and everything, but doesn't track (if that's the right word) as well as the one on the MB-1.

Is the mini pad not clear then? In that case I dunno. The korg screens are fully clear and the white material goes behind them.

I'm not sure - I haven't taken it apart. Are the korg screens that satin-ish material? (can't tell with mine because it has a sticker on)

I thought I wouldn't be able to see through because it's not glass or whatever like what was on the M1D1

Copy_of_IMG_6048_Large.jpg

Nope seemed to work just as well.

I swear my setup is slightly different than the MB1, I vaguely remember there was a piece of material that was over the top of the pad... not on the M1B1! Unless they've inset it with the mirror cause of the depth.

Gold? ...show me....

1385846_10151589282795653_1440304605_n.jpg

I swear my setup is slightly different than the MB1, I vaguely remember there was a piece of material that was over the top of the pad... not on the M1B1! Unless they've inset it with the mirror cause of the depth.

Paper is under the pad on mine. The paper got changed when it was being sorted out for some reason though, so I don't know if it was on the top originally or not - never checked when I first had it.

Changing the material colour in the pad looks a bit tacky in my opinion. Just my two cents, so to speak.

Thoughts on a MA shape with this finish, single coil sustainer, and no X-Y pad? having trouble picturing it in my head.

http://www.mansonguitars.co.uk/#!untitled/zoom/c6gt/image34f

Or maybe even that black/silver type finish on that one Tim did. Phill?

Sorry Bs, I don't mean to slow down your custom further. Not that it matters at this point :facepalm:

Archived