matthijs

There's probably something I'm getting wrong or forgetting about

I think you got most of the important stuff really, haha! Ali + ZR7 + Sustainer + MBK3 + Piezo + Midi + Fuzz Factory + Kill Switch is pretty much it, haha! All set for my flight out tomorrow anyway! Hopefully hear something about the guitar being done before I'm back! :LOL:

Here's the picture pre-bridge problems.

photo2po.jpg

I think you got most of the important stuff really, haha! Ali + ZR7 + Sustainer + MBK3 + Piezo + Midi + Fuzz Factory + Kill Switch is pretty much it, haha! All set for my flight out tomorrow anyway! Hopefully hear something about the guitar being done before I'm back! :LOL:

Hopefully good news! Farewell Bs, have a safe flight. I'll be sure to keep you updated with all the Manson related news.

And maybe some hi res pictures of your custom as I might see it before you do :facepalm:

Oh and did you go for x-nickel or black hardware in the end? Somehow I remember it being x-nickel.

Edit:

Really, who bought the NAMM guitar? I haven't asked MFC yet, but I figure it was either him or Bs

Definitely wasn't me.

Oh and did you go for x-nickel or black hardware in the end? Somehow I remember it being x-nickel.

Yeah, I went with x-nickel, as in that picture - I already had it for the tuners on the headstock and it would have bothered me if they'd have been different, haha! I'm way too fussy about minor details.

Definitely wasn't me.

Yeah, I went with x-nickel - I already had it for the tuners on the headstock and it would have bothered me if they'd have been different, haha! I'm way too fussy about minor details.

You sure? :erm: That means....

mfckaosspad.gif

I have the x nickel tuners (and bridge) and black control knobs on 001. Does that make me a bad person?

I was considering putting some custom hardware on at one point, but the guitar looks too polished to have the raw alloy hardware.

I have the x nickel tuners (and bridge) and black control knobs on 001. Does that make me a bad person?

That's how it was made though, right? It would have bothered me for them to be different on mine though. I like things to be neat and orderly. It's why I spent so much time arranging all the knobs and switches and stuff just so. It's also why I was happy with the more uniform swirl pattern in the end. I loved the spontaneous and unpredictable pattern on 001, which is what I wanted for mine too, but actually have it more symmetrical and ordered says a lot more about me really, haha! Still looks great anyway. I love how it curves around with the body shape into the middle as well.

You sure? :erm: That means....

mfckaosspad.gif

I was considering putting some custom hardware on at one point, but the guitar looks too polished to have the raw alloy hardware.

Such a cool guitar with out the JM1E pad on it.

It would have looked fantastic without all that holes and this ugly mini pad.

To be honest, you could probably have exactly that made as a custom for a whole lot less.

It was meant to a completely over the top guitar though, just showcasing what can be done I think.

To be honest, you could probably have exactly that made as a custom for a whole lot less.

It was meant to a completely over the top guitar though, just showcasing what can be done I think.

I agree. This is an "everything-we-can-do" guitar. And it looks s**t.

From what I've heard, it was made in about a week I think. Probably would have looked better if there had been a bit more time for planning or whatever. I'm not really a fan of the ad hoc holes in random places personally, but hey, if someone bought it, then great for them.

That's how it was made though, right? It would have bothered me for them to be different on mine though. I like things to be neat and orderly. It's why I spent so much time arranging all the knobs and switches and stuff just so. It's also why I was happy with the more uniform swirl pattern in the end. I loved the spontaneous and unpredictable pattern on 001, which is what I wanted for mine too, but actually have it more symmetrical and ordered says a lot more about me really, haha! Still looks great anyway. I love how it curves around with the body shape into the middle as well.

Yeah, but I still had a few things changed, remember? Sort of wish I didn't now, even though I prefer how it is in its current state.

You know what I mean?.... Didn't think you would :)

I think it has a good balance of hardware colors really

Such a cool guitar with out the JM1E pad on it.

Haha MFC was raving about it after he played it that time, but still didn't like the mini X-Y. I think it looks ok, but would prefer that one without it.

Definitely one that works a lot better in person I think. Certainly an odd one though. It's hard to imagine that someone actually saw it and went "Yep, that's the guitar for me!".

http://imageshack.us/a/img21/8620/dsc0016jue.jpg

Yeah definitely.

Unfortunately I didn't notice the gibson headstock photobombing the pictures I got of NAMM guitar and the baritone, but I got this at least

8897150251_b66bc4f9fa_z.jpg

Manson NAMM guitar by crystallettuce, on Flickr

It was made for NAMM after all, and I imagine they didn't have enough time to build individual guitars with all the features spread out!

Yeah, Adrian told me he said to Hugh about 2 weeks before NAMM that they needed a new guitar to show and it couldn't be something they'd done before, so he just threw it all together I think.

Yeah, but I still had a few things changed, remember? Sort of wish I didn't now, even though I prefer how it is in its current state.

You know what I mean?.... Didn't think you would :)

I think it has a good balance of hardware colors really

Sort of know what you mean. I'd never change anything on my MB-1 but then I've always been happy with how it was when I got it. The only thing that annoys me is how easy the sustainer pickup scratches and how there's nothing you can do about it it's part of the pickup itself, so any mark that gets on there, you're stuck with. Seems a stupid way to design something to me. The most prominent scratch in mine is because Mansons set it up too high so it got that as soon as I started playing because the lowest string fretted out on it straight away and dug grooves in it, and I'm stuck with that forever unless I pay another £200 or whatever for a whole new pickup which would be stupid. Grr.

Funnily enough, it's not the pad itself that bothers me. It's the way the holes sort of stop on the one side of it. I think part of it might be the sustainer battery compartment but apart from that there's no circuits getting in the way and it just looks a bit odd not having holes there when there are on the rest of it.

tumblr_mltpn4eiPi1spnxvmo1_1280.jpg

I've only just noticed the different pickguard shape on the NAMM guitar. Not sure which I like better.

Funnily enough, it's not the pad itself that bothers me. It's the way the holes sort of stop on the one side of it. I think part of it might be the sustainer battery compartment but apart from that there's no circuits getting in the way and it just looks a bit odd not having holes there when there are on the rest of it.

Well they need to fit the electronics in there. I think the pickguard helps balance it a little though

Sort of know what you mean. I'd never change anything on my MB-1 but then I've always been happy with how it was when I got it. The only thing that annoys me is how easy the sustainer pickup scratches and how there's nothing you can do about it it's part of the pickup itself, so any mark that gets on there, you're stuck with. Seems a stupid way to design something to me. The most prominent scratch in mine is because Mansons set it up too high so it got that as soon as I started playing because the lowest string fretted out on it straight away and dug grooves in it, and I'm stuck with that forever unless I pay another £200 or whatever for a whole new pickup which would be stupid. Grr.

You do? :erm:

I changed the backplates on mine, but that's it (so far)

I thought it was possible to change the cover on the pickup. I'm sure musecasters said it was actually a single coil sized sustainer in there, but the circuitry was the main difference (no blend mode etc)

But it'll just get scratched up again for no reason. That seems to happen.

Not sure why I'm replying to you when I know you're not going to reply back :supersad:

Archived