Lack of 'Heavy' Songs and Live Crowds

Urgamanix

Hello all,

Currently I'm sporting a major concern. When Muse come around to Singapore again, I'll surely be turning up at the doorstep. I remember last time they came, the crowd spent 90% of the time jumping, moshing, cheering etc. etc.

After watching the new gigs and live performances, I've noticed the crowd has been a lot more subdued. The new songs, whilst nice, are hardly anything to be fist pumping or bouncing around to.

Should I be expecting a much calmer crowd this time around (and perhaps get a seat) or will the live experience be just as good? Anyone been in the crowd already? I hope my fears are unfounded as there is nothing like the crowd jumping and singing together!

Supremacy's faster part should get some crowd going. The hits like PiB and TIRO always do the same. Unsustainable, if they ever play it live, might get some excitement.

I'm sure there'll be enough crowd pleasing. I don't know too much from experience though, haven't been to a Muse show with a good crowd yet.

From the new album I think Unsustainable, Follow Me, Survival, Liquid State, Panic Station, the ending of Supremacy and Animals, are all potentially great live. You might have seen a "calmer" crowd just because the songs are indeed new and because at the Roundhouse many people weren't "hardcore" fans.

I miss it when Muses sets were orientated by the heavy songs. I put the Absolution Tour DVD on today and watched The Groove in the states and i'd literally do anything to go back and see them in one of those little clubs in the states. Citizen Erased was in every setlist in the states shows and they played Dead Star and Bsides very very often. I love new Muse, but I must admit, I miss the heavy :(

From the new album I think Unsustainable, Follow Me, Survival, Liquid State, Panic Station, the ending of Supremacy and Animals, are all potentially great live. You might have seen a "calmer" crowd just because the songs are indeed new and because at the Roundhouse many people weren't "hardcore" fans.

Let's hope so - both the biggest crowd action and the smiles from the band came from PiB! I'm putting my hopes on Liquid State. Animals just doesn't seem to have enough.... *sunglasses on*... bite.

YYEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAHHHHHH

I miss it when Muses sets were orientated by the heavy songs. I put the Absolution Tour DVD on today and watched The Groove in the states and i'd literally do anything to go back and see them in one of those little clubs in the states. Citizen Erased was in every setlist in the states shows and they played Dead Star and Bsides very very often. I love new Muse, but I must admit, I miss the heavy :(

Same, sometimes I do wish I could've seen some crazy heavy set from them. Doesn't look like that'll happen again though.

Let's hope so - both the biggest crowd action and the smiles from the band came from PiB! I'm putting my hopes on Liquid State. Animals just doesn't seem to have enough.... *sunglasses on*... bite.

YYEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAHHHHHH

:LOL:

I think Animals' ending is really big, not like on the album version.

EDIT: The Roundhouse was free bear in mind, like people are saying, alot of songs in the 2nd law will be great live experiences and atmosphere, when its a gig full of paying muse fans

Didn't stop mass sing alongs or a circle pit during New Born. I hope the new songs pick up some following and the crowd was just suffering from new song syndrome as they we're much inspired by them at the Roundhouse. It remains to be seen what the live favourites from this album are.

The Resistance only really had 6 songs that were played regularly, and Uprising is the only one that could be considered heavy. Didn't stop people moshing or jumping around on the last tour.

The 2nd Law has: Supremacy, Panic Station, Survival, Animals, Liquid State, Unsustainable. So far 4/6 of those are looking to be live staples. Plus Uprising, Knights, Stockholm, Bliss, New Born, Plug In Baby, Hysteria.

If anything this is shaping up to be a much heavier tour than the last.

The Resistance only really had 6 songs that were played regularly, and Uprising is the only one that could be considered heavy. Didn't stop people moshing or jumping around on the last tour.

The 2nd Law has: Supremacy, Panic Station, Survival, Animals, Liquid State, Unsustainable. So far 4/6 of those are looking to be live staples. Plus Uprising, Knights, Stockholm, Bliss, New Born, Plug In Baby, Hysteria.

If anything this is shaping up to be a much heavier tour than the last.

I don't think it's still clear whether Bliss, New Born and PiB will getting any playtime on this tour. Even at the Roundhouse, Matt more or less admited that they were 'not going to play it anymore but because they loved it so much they couldn't resist', which could mean a one-off or occasional appearence.

Anyways, I'm not suggesting that less heavy songs is a bad thing - but when you have a partner who is shorter than your average mosher and would probably be tired by the end of the gig, seating might be an option for me.

Yeah - after a few listens of the new album I also miss the heavy stuff - hope their new shows will have plenty of the rockin' songs!

I was at the roundhouse gig and no matter what anyone says about subdued crowds... It fully went off. The mosh pit for Knights of Cydona and New Born was fucking crazy. You couldn't really see it on the broadcast but I have videos of it and I'll upload when I get the chance.

Hello all,

Currently I'm sporting a major concern. When Muse come around to Singapore again, I'll surely be turning up at the doorstep. I remember last time they came, the crowd spent 90% of the time jumping, moshing, cheering etc. etc.

After watching the new gigs and live performances, I've noticed the crowd has been a lot more subdued. The new songs, whilst nice, are hardly anything to be fist pumping or bouncing around to.

Should I be expecting a much calmer crowd this time around (and perhaps get a seat) or will the live experience be just as good? Anyone been in the crowd already? I hope my fears are unfounded as there is nothing like the crowd jumping and singing together!

The day there's a Muse gig without jumping and singing = end of the world. It won't happen. ;)

No.

Unnatural Selection and MK Ultra are easily heavier than Uprising is. Uprising really only gets heavy at the end.

Archived