Should Chris make a solo album?  

125 members have voted

1. 1. Should Chris make a solo album?

• Yes
    • No
    • Maybe

Oh.

Well in that case...

Chris should do whatever the outcome of this poll is, since it's what the fans want.

No but it's not like we are actually deciding on the band's future whenever we discuss about anything. It is just discussion. Cause otherwise any discussion about anything they do is pointless, as it has no effect on what the band has done or will do.

No but it's not like we are actually deciding on the band's future whenever we discuss about anything. It is just discussion. Cause otherwise any discussion about anything they do is pointless, as it has no effect on what the band has done or will do.

Then let me expand a little on my initial answer.

Chris should do whatever he wants to do, because people tend to be the best at what they do when they enjoy doing it. Does that help?

Not a solo album. But he can sing more songs, of course! But a Muse album without Matt would be like England without rain... At first I didn't like Save me or Liquid state but as time went by I began to like it quite a lot. But if I had to choose I'd choose Matt voice of course.

I clicked yes but what I really meant was no :(

Collaboration would be much better. I feel like the two Chris songs don't sound at all like "Muse", more like "Chris pasted into the middle of a Muse record". If the entire band wrote songs together, and had Chris do vocals I think it'd be awesome. But I get the feeling these songs were written exclusively by Chris, while Matt (possibly Dom too?) did not-a-lot ... they almost feel like B-Sides. Decent B-sides, but B-sides nonetheless.

Yes. Bear in mind it probably won't sound much like Muse since he wouldn't be made to make sacrifices for the sake of flow on the album, or to please his bandmates. It might end up suited to his own style, and I like the ideas he's brought to T2L even though they're not fully formed. I would be interested.

Well, no one wants a new Sober or Overdue on any future album, so I'm not quite sure what your point is.

...that just because one or two songs are mediocre it doesn't mean that he's incapable of writing good stuff. Which Matt so kindly proves by writing shit like Sober and Overdue and still managing to write epics like Sunburn and Showbiz.

Archived