Can't compair it to any of their stuff they made before...love it in weird and unexplainable kind of way...

And the sound is so clear...and music so big and epic in general...

I like how Matt's voice has grown up...as he certainly did :). I like how's the whole album divided into 'light' and 'dark' side:).

Can't help it, I have to admit, I love it:).

FOOOOOLLLLOOOOOOOWWW MEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE....

this is gonna sound pretty negative, so excuse my venting :)

i don't mind muse experimenting a lot b/c it's what they like doing. I just wish they'd hold on to a little more of what made them MUSE (fuzz factory, darker songs, true heavyness/chaos). At least for a couple more songs in the album. There is some of that w/ Supremacy, Animals, and Survival, but not it feels either held back or the guitar sound too jazzy rather than musey.

At a concert, Supremacy is probably the only song i would by dying for them to play and then be like OMG HERE IT IS , ARE YOU READY when they do. There used to be more songs like that in previous albums.

Also, I can't seem to hear much bass guitar when listening to supremacy. Is it just me, or could chris' bass-beast sound have been used more?

Oh and i just don't think i'll have Save me or LS on a regular listen list - just DOES NOT sound like muse. If i want to listen to foo fighters (LS), i'll put on some foo fighters. If i want to listen to high school quality song composition/writing (Save me), i'll put on my high school band.

To end on a positive note, i do like many of the songs. I'm just finding it hard to LOVE many of them, and that's a first for me w/ muse. =/

Archived