I've started to notice in the last day or so that quite a few songs actually "feel" much better and gain a lot more when listened to out of context, like in the middle of a random playlist or just on their own completely. Anyone else notice this?

Might be a result of the ordering, or the lack thereof rather.

Not school getting in the way, but my kids! :LOL:

Darn all this cooking and cleaning and taking kids to and from school...and of course, potty training my toddler! Some things are just more IMPORTANT!

Wondering what time this Muse Twitter event is going to happen and what time it translates to Mountain Standard Time.....I will have to look it up!

Have a good day everyone!

Haven't had time to read through all of this but does everyone who has heard the album feel extremely disappointed?

The only think to look forward from this band now is a 10 year Absolution set, but will it happen? :mad:

nope i love the album, my only complaint is the track list could be better positioned

Haven't had time to read through all of this but does everyone who has heard the album feel extremely disappointed?

The only think to look forward from this band now is a 10 year Absolution set, but will it happen? :mad:

If it were to happen, it would include the first ever 'full-performance' of Falling Away With You. Doubt it will though.

Love is a pretty strong word. This album should be called Matt Bellamy Solo or Kate Hudson destroys. Either way, it's not MUSE.

:facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm:

Many facepalms for many reasons.

This album gets better with every playthrough, TR got worse.

So much more going on.

This.

:facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm:

Many facepalms for many reasons.

This.

Most Muse albums have 3 or so WTF songs and everything else is great. This album is the exact opposite. The dubstep song is the only song with anything heavy happening and it's dubstup. This is no longer the end of the world space rock it was before. It's now pop music for females. None of the songs on this album are epic. The reason I grew to like MUSE so much was because how epic everything seemed when you simply listened to their music.

This album gets better with every playthrough, TR got worse.

So much more going on.

Thats not much of an endorsement. It cant get much worse. This is by far the most disappointing MUSE album yet. TR left everybody wanting more of the old and they just went further from it. This album is equivalent to old people fucking, slow..........

Most Muse albums have 3 or so WTF songs and everything else is great. This album is the exact opposite. The dubstep song is the only song with anything heavy happening and it's dubstup. This is no longer the end of the world space rock it was before. It's now pop music for females. None of the songs on this album are epic. The reason I grew to like MUSE so much was because how epic everything seemed when you simply listened to their music.

Except that it isn't the only song with something heavy happening.

Thats not much of an endorsement. It cant get much worse. This is by far the most disappointing MUSE album yet. TR left everybody wanting more of the old and they just went further from it. This album is equivalent to old people fucking, slow..........

Could've just said you don't understand my point, that was shorter.

1) The dubstep song is Unsustainable for you? That's not dubstep.

2) The "end of the world space rock it was before"? Isolated System doesn't have an apocalyptic mood to you?

And has it been end of the world space rock after Absolution? I don't think so.

3) It's now pop music for females.

I totally see Supremacy, Survival, Follow Me, Animals, Liquid State, Unsustainable and Isolated System. Definitely. Yes.

No.

4) None of the songs on this album are epic.

How would you describe Supremacy? Survival's ending? Unsustainable?

People might have an easier time accepting your negative opinions if you weren't insulting or sexist while delivering them... Just saying.

This album is definately slower, and I'm still listening to it and forming my opinions.

But, I still think this album has MORE influence from other band members (whether it's Dom's apparent love of electronic music, or Chris downright writing and singing) than any previous albums. Blaming Matt alone seems a little odd.

And even I was suprised at how Muse could pull off a song about having a baby and have it not be too cheesy to listen to. That impressed me. I find the song amazing and touching, and I expected it to be cringeworthy.

People might have an easier time accepting your negative opinions if you weren't insulting or sexist while delivering them... Just saying.

This album is definately slower, and I'm still listening to it and forming my opinions.

But, I still think this album has MORE influence from other band members (whether it's Dom's apparent love of electronic music, or Chris downright writing and singing) than any previous albums. Blaming Matt alone seems a little odd.

And even I was suprised at how Muse could pull off a song about having a baby and have it not be too cheesy to listen to. That impressed me. I find the song amazing and touching, and I expected it to be cringeworthy.

Exactly this.

We know from interviews that Chris and Dom had more influence in this album than on The Resistance.

Chris has 2 of his own songs and Dom is the one that got the other 2 into the dubstep combination with their own sound thing.

It's perfectly fine not to like this album at all, it's music. But just don't make claims that aren't true to justify your opinion.

Archived