Most Muse albums have 3 or so WTF songs and everything else is great. This album is the exact opposite. The dubstep song is the only song with anything heavy happening and it's dubstup. This is no longer the end of the world space rock it was before. It's now pop music for females. None of the songs on this album are epic. The reason I grew to like MUSE so much was because how epic everything seemed when you simply listened to their music.

Ermahgerd it's not heavy so it's a bad album!

fa3.gif

1) The dubstep song is Unsustainable for you? That's not dubstep.

2) The "end of the world space rock it was before"? Isolated System doesn't have an apocalyptic mood to you?

And has it been end of the world space rock after Absolution? I don't think so.

3) It's now pop music for females.

I totally see Supremacy, Survival, Follow Me, Animals, Liquid State, Unsustainable and Isolated System. Definitely. Yes.

No.

4) None of the songs on this album are epic.

How would you describe Supremacy? Survival's ending? Unsustainable?

You are 100% correct, personal opinion doesn't even come into this lol.

Ermahgerd it's not heavy so it's a bad album!

fa3.gif

I've never been one to go full retard in criticizing a Muse album but this one just doesnt cut the cake. I know you all are huge fans, so am I, and it seems you just want to stick up for what you like. It's a huge shift from what they have done previously and the music has became predictable when you are listening to the songs. The song structure to the lyrics, sounds like a little kid trying to rap but not in speed. A few of the songs are ok, I agree but trying to justify a song being good because it has 1 good part in it doesnt really hold any water. The survival song is ok but the lyrics are downright amateur. Seriously, the whole album is more like one big guiding light than MKU or NS. The last album wasn't that great and this album is even worse. When I mentioned how epic previous albums were, just imagine yourself driving in your car on an isolated road and listening to this album. Not epic. I used to feel like every time I listened to muse I was on a mission or something. I was just curious of the overall reaction to the album as I said, I didnt read the whole thread. Maybe I am in the minority here but this album picks up with GL and UD left off and that's where theyve lost me. Maybe it's my age, IDK but I figured with all the complaining we've done over the last album that they would really try to get away from this type of sound. Better luck 3 years

Love is a pretty strong word. This album should be called Matt Bellamy Solo or Kate Hudson destroys. Either way, it's not MUSE.

Yeah it's definitely Kate Hudsons fault.

Most Muse albums have 3 or so WTF songs and everything else is great. This album is the exact opposite. The dubstep song is the only song with anything heavy happening and it's dubstup. This is no longer the end of the world space rock it was before. It's now pop music for females. None of the songs on this album are epic. The reason I grew to like MUSE so much was because how epic everything seemed when you simply listened to their music.

Supremacy and Survival aren't heavy?

And this album is heavier than BH&R and TR, just saying

heavier than TR, no questions there, but BHAR... I'm not so sure.

TaB+Assassin+Hoodoo+Knights+CoD+Exo-politics

vs

Supremacy+Survival+Liquid State+Unsustainable+Animals

hmmm.....

Meditate on this, I will.

vs

hmmm.....

How are Hoodoo, CoD and Exo heavy?

This album should be called Matt Bellamy Solo or Kate Hudson destroys.

It's now pop music for females.

(...)

None of the songs on this album are epic

The song structure to the lyrics, sounds like a little kid trying to rap but not in speed.

(...)

Maybe it's my age, IDK but I figured with all the complaining we've done over the last album that they would really try to get away from this type of sound. Better luck 3 years

wow, insulting a bandmember over his personal life, sexism, bullshit, more bullshit and agism. You're on a roll aren't you? :rolleyes:

vs

hmmm.....

It's heavier than BHAR. BHAR's only real heavy songs are Assassin and, to a degree, KoC.

TR is much heavier and bass driven. Think of how many songs are lead by bass on BHAR -- one, Starlight, and it's a pop song.

It's heavier than BHAR. BHAR's only real heavy songs are Assassin and, to a degree, KoC.

TR is much heavier and bass driven. Think of how many songs are lead by bass on BHAR -- one, Starlight, and it's a pop song.

I was basically ok for the first part.

But TR heavier? Wut? Just US and MK Ultra are heavy songs. BH&R has Take a Bow, Assassin and KoC

Archived