It seems to be a Kate Hudson specific thing.

Still bullshit anyways.

It still stems from the idea that a woman can somehow "ruin" a man's musical talent, which is inherently misogynist, whether it is only applied to some women. It's not like you ever see the drop in a female artist's quality of work ever blamed on their husband/boyfriend.

God the "streaming partner" for Ireland's stream has such awful audio quality, I literally could not listen to Panic Station - I just had to stop it at that point.

I'm not sure if this has been posted, but here's the entire album streaming from the bands Soundcloud for anybody looking to tune in to this #askmuse thing:

I am going to assume this is fine, as it's the bands official Soundcloud.

It still stems from the idea that a woman can somehow "ruin" a man's musical talent, which is inherently misogynist, whether it is only applied to some women. It's not like you ever see the drop in a female artist's quality of work ever blamed on their husband/boyfriend.

It's been said in the past that she has had this sort of affect on musicians. I was making a bit of a joke when mentioning her, lets not get all bent out of shape

Yeah it's definitely Kate Hudsons fault.

Supremacy and Survival aren't heavy?

Supremacy is and Survival lyrics make it soft. Supremacy gets boring really quickly. Survival is some of the weakest lyrics I have ever heard, the solos are great in this song and are more of what muse are about. It just seems to me they are running out of ideas. Did U2 get any credit for big freeze? Radiohead might like some credit for Animals. I am so unimpressed by this album, at least on TR one you knew you were getting the symphony so it gives you some expectation of slower jams.

Follow me, Explorers, and Save me are just pure garbage.

I would say Supremacy and Panic Station might be the best songs on the album. Big Freeze is ok but it sounds too much like U2.

Kate Hudson and Twilight are like Kryptonite to MUSE imo

Archived