Assassin always started with the promise of heaviness and then failed to deliver after the intro, especially the album version. I agree with those who said Liquid State sounds like QOTSA, but among the heavy Muse album tracks that open with 'BOOMthisisriffage!' I drew the similarity to Assassin.

But Assassin is heavier than Liquid State.

Not to mention less generic. Obviously my opinion, I just think that you might be a bit biased from just having heard the new album for the first time :p

Doesn't quite top Ruled By Secrecy for me.

It does for me.

Dat joke. I laughed in real life.

Megalomania, KoC, RBS?

It's good, but not that good, peasant. :happy:

It's better. How it builds without exploding, so haunting and creepy. It's written perfectly.

Maybe it's that I love film music too much

But Assassin is heavier than Liquid State.

Not to mention less generic. Obviously my opinion, I just think that you might be a bit biased from just having heard the new album for the first time :p

Liquid State's much closer to modern rock than Muse tend to go, but I still think they made it sound 'Musey' so it doesn't sound as generic.

I definitely am with the bias thing - we all are right now, though ;). My opinions of these songs is gonna change (probably not drastically, but they will) cos this is just listen 1. By listen 101, it'll all be a bit different - it happens every time :LOL:

I'll have to listen to both Assassin and LS to compare which I think is heavier. I'm talking only about the album version. If GOB was the point of comparison, then yeah that is heavier.

It does for me.

It's better. How it builds without exploding, so haunting and creepy. It's written perfectly.

Maybe it's that I love film music too much

I agree. I had chills when Isolated System was finished.. it's like a total cinematic closer. Amazing.

Apart from Exo-Genesis Pt 3 all of the album closers make me feel like there should be another track. Exo 3 and Isolated System make it clear there's nothing after.

Archived