It's a good album. Not totally in love with it yet and it doesn't sound like Muse to me at all at most parts. It just doesn't feel like Muse, but I'm probably just not used to it. I don't really dislike any songs but there are one or two I don't really care for. I'd put it between TR and BHaR. A bit underwhelming, probably a strong 7 (lel fantano scores)

The heartbeat? Just purely amazing. It starts pretty haunting and emotional, and it builds and builds and gets faster and then it explodes with bass drop. Lovely work.

No not the heartbeat. The fact that it starts haunting is a bit little strange to me, but I still love the song.

But then maybe that was an attempt to reflect in the music how Matt felt at the birth (freaked out) - I only just thought of that, and perhaps the baby was taken ill early in his life. Hence the lyrics reflect a scary beginning. :(

All seems to have worked out fine, however.

Anyway, yes, great song.

I absolutely love it. Explorers just might be my favorite. The first half of the album is fantastic. Superb. It loses momentum after Big Freeze for me though, which I think is the weakest one on the album.

Also, I get such a Foo Fighters vibe from Liquid State...I'm not the only one right? Haha. It's his voice that's why. Feel underwhelmed with Liquid State though. Expected something more. :p

I actually like Big Freeze, perhaps it's the lyrics I like.. I am a big fan of their philosophical views..

I agree though with explorers.. its stunning.. it made my heart feel calm

But then maybe that was an attempt to reflect in the music how Matt felt at the birth (freaked out) - I only just thought of that.

Could be. He said many times that becoming a father made him more worried about the future. And the song's theme starts "pessimistic" and finishes happily.

No not the heartbeat. The fact that it starts haunting is a bit little strange to me, but I still love the song.

But then maybe that was an attempt to reflect in the music how Matt felt at the birth (freaked out) - I only just thought of that, and perhaps the baby was taken ill early in his life. Hence the lyrics reflect a scary beginning. :(

All seems to have worked out fine, however.

Anyway, yes, great song.

Having given birth 4 times, I can attest that being freaked out (especially right at the moment) is a pretty apt description! ;)

Okay, so after a third listen, I'm more comfortable with it. At first I was mortified at how fractured it was. But it seems somewhat of a concept album, with the fractured feeling adding to the album's message. IMHO, it seems like they've gone through a second OoS stage. Showbiz sprang them into the spotlight, and then they started to really show people what they're capable of with OoS. The same is true for TR, it shoved the lads somewhat into the limelight, so they've decided to do the same again, show everyone what they can do. (Hoping you're still with me on this one). It's a ballsy move, but if people take the time to appreciate it, it's going to be very well loved indeed.

TL;DR, T2L=Muse marmite with big balls.

Having given birth 4 times, I can attest that being freaked out (especially right at the moment) is a pretty apt description! ;)

Well twice for me, and yes, it's not exactly the most pleasant of experiences, especially for the mother. :LOL: But poor Matt was completely unprepared apparently (from what he has said). There is a funny side to that. :chuckle:

I add, as long as there weren't any initial worries about the baby that is.

Well twice for me, and yes, it's not exactly the most pleasant of experiences, especially for the mother. :LOL: But poor Matt was completely unprepared apparently (from what he has said). There is a funny side to that. :chuckle:

You should try getting kicked in the nuts, nothing can prepare you for that either.

I hear what people are saying about the lack of the "wall of sound". It's like some frequences are being left out or something. Anyways Liquid state is good but kind of short. Panic station will certainly grow on everyone. Isolated system could make a great song if it wasn't just instrumental. Follow me is good but sounds like it is lacking something important. Big freeze is good mostly because the beginning sounds like Motp (my favorite song). The chorus of Big Freeze is cool too but lyrics are lacking. I don't know. The album has some great concepts but it is literally almost painful to listen to. Too many clashing frequencies or something. Anyone else get what I'm saying? Ugh...it made my ears ring.

Archived