Muse board rule comments

Raiga Kagekami

I have never read the rules, and I won't be reading the amended rules either. I know what will earn me a warning/infraction (eg: creating a thread that labelled Matt a whore and a homewrecker) and what won't. I haven't contributed anything of worth, I apologize.

Oh, and Haze isn't that much of a loss.

We do listen to all criticism and regularly take suggestions from users - that's why we rewrote the rules in the first place. Just not in public so it can be done in a constructive way.

Not to stir the pot, but shouldn't the re-written rules have been voted on by the community? If the members here are expected to abide by them, they should have a say in their amendment.

This sentence makes me giggle:

"Do not create false information about the band in order to sincerely mislead other users."

If the mods really enforced the rules fairly, a chunk of MM posters would be infracted and/or banned on a regular basis. Just look at the T2L discussion thread for evidence. Not to mention the whole "Muse at the Opening Ceremony" debacle. :LOL:

Anyway, I spotted a typo in Rule 4:

Discussion of leaked material intended for official release is forbidden until that materially has been officially released.

There's an -ly added onto "material" that shouldn't be there.

The whole free speech in the US has been varied. There have been cases where courts ruled against the 1st amendment depending on the situation (such as someone talking shit at school or something, I forget the exact case).

But anyways, I still find that rule pretty pointless. It seems to create more drama anyways because any argument with mods worth bringing public ends up public in the end from gossip and creates issues like these. And that argument about their being stricter boards is also silly. Sure, we're not the worst band message board, but couldn't we at least try to be a better band message board? Only time I've really used that argument is when people think you're some 21st century Hitler (in which case, lol)

I thought the Mods were supposed to give a reason for locking a thread? It's a bit strange you have to PM them to ask for the reason when it should be made clear to all members why it was locked. I often see it done in MM so why is this not consistent practice?

Can you send us examples of when that occurs? Every thread lock should come with a brief explanation, unless it was an edit/move of posts to a new thread. In that instance, the new thread should be linked.

Can you send us examples of when that occurs? Every thread lock should come with a brief explanation, unless it was an edit/move of posts to a new thread. In that instance, the new thread should be linked.

The ones in banter. L provided an explanation for the last one but it didn't appear until a couple of minutes after.

But I mean, it still says in the rules 'pm a mod why your thread was locked' implying mods don't have to provide a reason for locking it.

It does say that in the rules because sometimes users want to discuss it at length with the mods and admins, but in our own best practice guidelines it says leave an explanation so that's why we always try and do it (unless it's obvious like a spambot) which usually means that isn't necessary.

I thought this was going to be yet another banter v mods bitching session. They usually provide such a lulz! Remember Blee vs Toff? Maybe I just don't see the point of all the banter v mods bitching because I've been on both sides of it at one stage or another. And considering some of the threads/posts that do get deleted or locked, I think all the misplaced animosity belongs else where. Like on muselive. That's my €0.02.

I've been let down, once again, by banter. I feel compelled to do this:

1s4LZSVgbM.png

No need to get offended L! it's just that when a thread gets locked and the explanation either doesn't appear or appears later people will start posting 'omg wtf, why bla bla bla'.

I'm not offended :LOL: I'm just saying that there might a valid reason why a post doesn't appear straight away in that particular situation crappy internet connection.

Archived