Muse board rule comments

Raiga Kagekami

clearly never tried to make a joke in MM :(

Well, you say that, but I have said my piece in Main Muse a few times. I just grew out of being arsed to go there. :LOL:

I haven't exactly avoided beef either, as everyone knows from the Celtic Rose saga and Lauren-Gate. Which I guess is why I think some people must just be pushing it too far.

Well, you say that, but I have said my piece in Main Muse a few times. I just grew out of being arsed to go there. :LOL:

I haven't exactly avoided beef either, as everyone knows from the Celtic Rose saga and Lauren-Gate. Which I guess is why I think some people must just be pushing it too far.

saying your piece =/= joke though!

Yeah but that is banter and let's be honest, infractions don't happen that regularly there or at least not at the same frequency. I've never seen people getting warnings for going off topic in the L&R, fuckery thread etc or posting text rather than pictures in the BMT and only really seen people getting infractions for being racist or homophobic and hardly ever for just being bitchy towards each other.

Yeah but that is banter and let's be honest, infractions don't happen that regularly there or at least not at the same frequency. I've never seen people getting warnings for going off topic in the L&R, fuckery thread etc or posting text rather than pictures in the BMT and only really seen people getting infractions for being racist or homophobic and hardly ever for just being bitchy towards each other.

I guess mostly because I look at the characters in Main Muse and see NOTHING to joke about! :p

I dunno. I could probably think of loads of people who've been infracted etc in Banter if I could be arsed to think. It doesn't seem to be all that infrequent to me. Maybe it's just cos I float in and out so much and don't really have a group on the board now.

I guess mostly because I look at the characters in Main Muse and see NOTHING to joke about! :p

I dunno. I could probably think of loads of people who've been infracted etc in Banter if I could be arsed to think. It doesn't seem to be all that infrequent to me. Maybe it's just cos I float in and out so much and don't really have a group on the board now.

I know it's a bit like joking about the special kid :$

Maybe it's different know. I wasn't really around when banter was the beef palace and just judge it on what I see now. Not that many infractions, especially not for off topic or telling a muse n00b off for making a muse thread in banter.

I know it's a bit like joking about the special kid :$

Maybe it's different know. I wasn't really around when banter was the beef palace and just judge it on what I see now. Not that many infractions, especially not for off topic or telling a muse n00b off for making a muse thread in banter.

Aye... The seriousness of their condition kind of leads me to pity them. They're like the kid with the gimpy leg who limp in last at sports day, long after everyone else has already gone for cake and juice.

Nah, 'back in the day' there were plenty. Some of the beef got TOTALLY out of hand. Thinking of all the MQ drama, and Celtic Rose goes berserk and other such stunning drama pieces for this, mind.

But I've always viewed Banter as a place where you can go off topic, etc.Same with the love boats to an extent. While MM, K&T, and The Gallery are more about specific information. So of course, less people will be infracted for going OT in banter, because that's where you go when you just want to chat and do stuff like that. So it's going to be a more lenient section on principle.

While MM, K&T, and The Gallery are more about specific information. So of course, less people will be infracted for going OT in banter, because that's where you go when you just want to chat and do stuff like that. So it's going to be a more lenient section on principle.

Then why is off-topic allowed to go on for extended periods in MM?

I mean, look at the T2L discussion thread. So much off-topic, but I don't see any yellow cards next to posts. A mod just comes in, says their piece, than it's right back to the off-topic. Plus, it's always the same people doing it so it should be no problem to card them.

That's just one example. I'm sure you could look at various other threads (for example: the discussion thread for Madness) and see the off-topic convos going on without modding/people being warned.

I mean, look at the T2L discussion thread. So much off-topic, but I don't see any yellow cards next to posts. A mod just comes in, says their piece, than it's right back to the off-topic. Plus, it's always the same people doing it so it should be no problem to card them.

That's just one example. I'm sure you could look at various other threads (for example: the discussion thread for Madness) and see the off-topic convos going on without modding/people being warned.

I got warned for going off topic but my post was deleted.

It IS happening.

I got warned for going off topic but my post was deleted.

It IS happening.

Yeah. A lot of trimming does happen to the threads, so you might not see the yellow and red cards. We're trying to keep it as clean as possible so the substance is readable. There were 10 infractions and warnings given out for OT posts just in the last two weeks. How many more do we really need to give out?!

But I've always viewed Banter as a place where you can go off topic, etc.Same with the love boats to an extent. While MM, K&T, and The Gallery are more about specific information. So of course, less people will be infracted for going OT in banter, because that's where you go when you just want to chat and do stuff like that. So it's going to be a more lenient section on principle.

There is the banter thread for all the nonsense non related things, but banter section has threads as L&R has a topic.

Not that I'm asking for strict moderation in these threads cause they always come back to topic anyway, and it doesn't annoy me, just natural flow of the conversation.

There is the banter thread for all the nonsense non related things, but banter section has threads as L&R has a topic.

Not that I'm asking for strict moderation in these threads cause they always come back to topic anyway, and it doesn't annoy me, just natural flow of the conversation.

Oh yeah, I was referring to the section as a whole, not just the thread. It seems like it is expected. At the same time, I think Banter has the benefit of having a consistent flow of new information from posters to help steer the conversation. For example, if the L&R thread is going OT, all it takes is someone to post one of their own personal dilemmas to get the thread back on track and gather input from other members. While a thread in, say Muse in the Media, only pertains to one specific article and the chat has to be about that specific article and the information from it and people end up talking about other bands. Or in Songs and Releases, each song or each album has its own topic and the chat in there should be about just that item. In my opinion, the threads in Banter also seem to attract a more captive and engaging audience. Just my opinion though. (Don't hate on me, MM!)

In my opinion, the threads in Banter also seem to attract a more captive and engaging audience. Just my opinion though. (Don't hate on me, MM!)

You want to hear my opinion. :awesome:

You are implying that MM attracts more stupid (yeah a harsh word) audience than Banter.

I hate you! (Don´t hate me, you are a mod!) :$

Oh yeah, I was referring to the section as a whole, not just the thread. It seems like it is expected. At the same time, I think Banter has the benefit of having a consistent flow of new information from posters to help steer the conversation. For example, if the L&R thread is going OT, all it takes is someone to post one of their own personal dilemmas to get the thread back on track and gather input from other members. While a thread in, say Muse in the Media, only pertains to one specific article and the chat has to be about that specific article and the information from it and people end up talking about other bands. Or in Songs and Releases, each song or each album has its own topic and the chat in there should be about just that item. In my opinion, the threads in Banter also seem to attract a more captive and engaging audience. Just my opinion though. (Don't hate on me, MM!)

Yeah definitely. If something comes up in Banter that's interesting by all means keep the conversation going or if you want start a new thread specifically for it, but in the Muse sections I think we only allow that in threads that revolve around general topics like The 2nd Law thread - I only consider that off topic if the conversation stops being related to the album in a meaningful way. Otherwise, if you make a thread about Starlight then keep the conversation on that song.

You want to hear my opinion. :awesome:

You are implying that MM attracts more stupid (yeah a harsh word) audience than Banter.

I hate you! (Don´t hate me, you are a mod!) :$

:LOL: Well, not necessarily stupid. But an audience that tends to get distracted easily... Oooh, shiny!

But I do think both sides of the board have their benefits and I enjoy visiting both. :yesey: /diggingmyselfintoahole

Well...if the shoe fits...

Yeah. I see you in MM often. :happy:

Archived