Muse board rule comments

Raiga Kagekami

hiding behind "it's not a democracy" is a petty argument. Also, if the board's hosted in the states (which if memory serves, it is) I believe it would mean it's subject to the laws of the United states (and perhaps the individual state, not sure) - if that's the case, your actions directly contravene the first amendment by inhibiting free speech. if it's hosted in a UN country, freedom of speech is an inalienable human right. Try again Niall

Freedom of speech in the USA is about freedom of speech protection against goverment intervention. This board is privately owned.

The "other-places-are-more-strict-so-you-can't-complain"-argument is stupid, it really is.

We might as well start banning jews. Why not? In Germany in the 30'es and 40'es they were tortured and murdered, banning them is nothing compared to that.

Lol. Godwin'd due to message board rule changes.

Not to stir the pot, but shouldn't the re-written rules have been voted on by the community? If the members here are expected to abide by them, they should have a say in their amendment.

Not really. Surely you've received "amended user terms" to your e-mail from companies all the time: your input is to agree with them or to cancel your membership, you don't get to vote on them.

I can't believe there is so much complaining over message board rules which seem perfectly reasonable. No, your civil rights have not been breached if a mod locked a thread for spam.

I believe the reason behind rule #2 is about publicly using (inappropriate) threads for discussing the matter and therefore derailing the conversation, and to stop people from harassing the mods. I don't see why such a matter cannot be resolved privately. Also, I believe (in love boats, for example) people do publicly discuss bannings without any consequences.

But yes, it's the one thing that seems weird, IF the point is to suppress any critism. Considering the mods/admins have this thread and other threads for receiving feedback, that doesn't seem to be the case.

The penal (:chuckle:) system on this board is confusing, like how many points constitute a ban etc. I have no clue.

that's all me :D people only seemed to get pissed off about it since i went :party:

p.s. :LOL: at the freedom of speech argument

Only cause under the kevoppression people were too scared to speak up :supersad:

Why does it take so long for my warning for knowingly givng out false information to expire?

I can only imagine the sort of fear my iron fist inspired.

For a warning you get the same length of time that the infraction would have got (it isn't configurable). That date is completely redundant though so don't worry about being on your best behaviour

I can only imagine the sort of fear my iron fist inspired.

For a warning you get the same length of time that the infraction would have got (it isn't configurable). That date is completely redundant though so don't worry about being on your best behaviour

I doubt it was the fist they feared. Probably more your gingerness.

oh phew, and to think I've been tiptoeing around all this time :noey:

I doubt it was the fist they feared. Probably more your gingerness.

oh phew, and to think I've been tiptoeing around all this time :noey:

I know, like a rat in a cage. Well you're off the leash now, lets see if you can turn that yellow card to red by tea time.

I have just read this whole thread and I... I don't understand the problem. I've been a member of this board since about 2001 or 2002 (I had another account initially) and I have NEVER read the rules, but I have also never even had an infraction. I haven't felt myself unable to speak my mind at any point, and have done so numerous times.

All I can think is that either for some reason there are seperate rules for me OR people are inclined to take things way too far and then get butthurt when it gets them into trouble.

Archived