2012.09.30 - The Roundhouse, London, UK

chudenk

Little advice Musers?

Only, my "best" friend is now kicking up a fuss and threatening to never speak to me again if I don't take him (because ultimately, great friendships can only survive if the other person gives you free shit?). Usually I would say fuck it and let his selfish ass walk away but of course I don't want to lose a good friend.

I think that reaction alone shows he's not being a good friend, if he values a band over your friendship. It's a bit tricky if you already promised him the ticket, because it's not really cool to break your promises, but if he just assumed he'd get it, there's no reason to humour him. Then again, his behaviour is quite ugly so maybe just take the other friend in any case.

Give it to the person who hasn't seen them before, it's only fair really. The other guy sounds like he's being a dick. It's not like he's entitled to the ticket.

i wouldnt say entitled either, its your choice obviously.

would I say giving the ticket to someone who already appreciates muse over someone who hasnt seen them already is a good thing.. no. Its out of your own generosity that you would allow either to go see Muse play at what will be a pretty small show.

You shouldnt be threatened by your best friend, saying that they would trash your friendship if you gave the ticket to someone else.. id say your best friend really isnt a best friend and puts materialism over genuine friendship.

I think you know already what the right answer is :D

Thanks for all the replies.

It's a bit tricky if you already promised him the ticket, because it's not really cool to break your promises, but if he just assumed he'd get it, there's no reason to humour him.

There was a little exchange when the gig was announced where he said he'd cut my balls off if I won and didn't take him and I replied "Same" but that's all, no actual deal was struck and obviously I didn't think he was being serious (although now I'm fearful). xD

I think you know already what the right answer is :D

I do, I just wanted a little back-up. xD Cheers!

if u sed u wud give him the ticket if u won and now u have changed your mind, thats out of order, but u kept quiet then fine- but dont break promises

Little advice Musers?

I have a friend - my best friend in fact - who is really desperate to go to this gig and is after my +1. Although he was originally my first choice (before I won), once I'd actually won the tickets I thought I'd put a bit more consideration into who I take and have instead opted to take another very close friend who is also desperate to see Muse, hasn't before and isn't likely to for at least another few years - whereas my best friend has seen them twice already and will be a third time next month. So in the interests of fairness to all my friends, I think this is the right choice.

Only, my "best" friend is now kicking up a fuss and threatening to never speak to me again if I don't take him (because ultimately, great friendships can only survive if the other person gives you free shit?). Usually I would say fuck it and let his selfish ass walk away but of course I don't want to lose a good friend.

What do I do? If only people were as interested in my penis as they are in my free Muse ticket.

Wonder when we hear if anyone's won? I seriously doubt I'll win and if I did have just realised its a Sunday not a Saturday night and I have to be at work for 8am back in the Midlands and bet trains don't run early enough to get to work n time. That would be one mad dash on no sleep! I'd have to offer the other ticket to a friend who works with me and loves Muse on condition she fancied driving to London and back on a Sunday:D

And since I didn't get an email, I now expect one saying that I didn't win tickets for Biffy Clyro. :(

I haven't won any of the tickets for which I applied, yet a friend of mine has won for Biffy and Ellie Goulding! If she wins Muse tickets, she's letting me have her spare so I'm hoping her luck continues!

I haven't won any of the tickets for which I applied, yet a friend of mine has won for Biffy and Ellie Goulding! If she wins Muse tickets, she's letting me have her spare so I'm hoping her luck continues!

I have applied for Biffy, Jack White, Muse and Biffy and nothing so far. I apply every year and have only won once and that was a few years ago, the first year I did it. I know people who seem to win several every year, I don't get it. I'm so unlucky with competitions. :'(

Archived