2012.09.30 - The Roundhouse, London, UK

chudenk

what can i say, incredible. had a massively early start and hung about in the queue with friends, got chatting to a load of people and bumped in to others id sorta semi arranged.. so much fun was had in the queue even if my legs were falling off.

given that i just had to get barrier i panicked about not getting a tshirt, when the doors opened i pegged it to the merch stall even after being told repeatedly not to run. made the fastest tranaction ive ever done and bolted again to the stage (DONT RUN!! yeah yeah w.evs) and got my spot in front of Matt..

what a show, everyone jumping up n down to TIRO, PiB and of course Knights.. the new songs sounded epic, matts improvised lyrics, like 'fight for your fucking rights' was great.

also, i loved how Matt messed around with the camera crews, letting them think he was going to one side of the stage, the crew followed and then Matt ran elsewhere. Not one song was dire, weak or shoddy. 16 songs were perhaps a bit short but there was so much energy in that 90 minutes.

I think Pip even liked Madness :LOL:

what can i say, incredible. had a massively early start and hung about in the queue with friends, got chatting to a load of people and bumped in to others id sorta semi arranged.. so much fun was had in the queue even if my legs were falling off.

given that i just had to get barrier i panicked about not getting a tshirt, when the doors opened i pegged it to the merch stall even after being told repeatedly not to run. made the fastest tranaction ive ever done and bolted again to the stage (DONT RUN!! yeah yeah w.evs) and got my spot in front of Matt..

what a show, everyone jumping up n down to TIRO, PiB and of course Knights.. the new songs sounded epic, matts improvised lyrics, like 'fight for your fucking rights' was great.

also, i loved how Matt messed around with the camera crews, letting them think he was going to one side of the stage, the crew followed and then Matt ran elsewhere. Not one song was dire, weak or shoddy. 16 songs were perhaps a bit short but there was so much energy in that 90 minutes.

I think Pip even liked Madness :LOL:

Only the end! :p

Got great footage of you during Survival, will upload later!

I'd just like to say how great it was to meet up again with so many familiar faces, as well as some new ones. You're all (well, with the exception of one or two :p ) lovely :)

Cheers for the link, will watch it when I get in from work. Already told my manager I'm leaving the office early, I'm knackered! Left home at 05.30 yesterday, arrived back home at 02.00 this morning then got up for work at 7. All worth it though!

No problemo. Glad to hear you had a good'un.

Arggghhhh it was INCREDIBLE. Such a small gig, so relaxed on the barrier... amazing (people even apologising for the tiny push that occasionally occurred!!).

Amazing. Can't listen to any music right now as nothing will be good enough!

That was probably me!! :)

If it's not already been posted here's a link to the show on YouTube -

Spotted myself a fair few times already :)

Thanks for the link! Managed to spot my 'gang' a few times, most clearly at the end when Chris gives his harmonica to someone in the crowd, we're just to the right of them. Aaaah, so good to watch it all again. :D New Born is incredible live!

I didn't take much video at the gig last night as I was having too much fun! I know it's all on pro-shot from the live stream but I still like to have video taken from my perspective :p

Will upload a couple more clips later, as well as any usable pics. There was a lot of blue and red lighting, as well as a fair amount of smoke for effect, all of which made decent pics from a compact camera a bit tricky! Hopefully there are a few nice ones though.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2_k5ATpBGO0&feature=youtu.be

This gig was INCREDIBLE!! It was like a dream! (which I actually thought when I woke up this morning XD) I actually got the barrier for the first time ever, don't think I'll ever get a chance to see Matt so clearly at a gig again!

I haven't watched the video yet but my friend told me there was a full screen shot of my face at one point :LOL:

This was the 7th time I've seen Muse now. I have to say, I would rate it the bottom 3. Don't know why but nothing properly stood out for me apart from Chris singing. The new songs were good. Panic Station especially. If its the same set for the 02 I would be in two minds about selling it. No Hysteria or Stockholm Syndrome

This gig was INCREDIBLE!! It was like a dream! (which I actually thought when I woke up this morning XD) I actually got the barrier for the first time ever, don't think I'll ever get a chance to see Matt so clearly at a gig again!

I haven't watched the video yet but my friend told me there was a full screen shot of my face at one point :LOL:

I remember it zooming in on people. I think I saw your face on it as well

Also, weird crowd. Obviously it's cos it's like a competition it's not like a normal Muse crowd, but so much room, half of it was surrounded by 'old' people not moving like...hmmm...then iuno, weird

I thought that too, although I king of expected it as pretty much every iTunes gig crowd is like that, I mean being at the barrier infront of Matt and not having anyone press against you is basically unheard of! (which is what happened!)

i see what you did..

dont you know life's a race!

oh, and arent you happy you hit the record button, you got some right corkers there Pip!

i got MoTP, PiB, Tiro and Supremacy

Oh yeah, WTF happened at the beginning of TiRO?!:LOL:

Will you post your vids here? :)

Archived