2012.09.30 - The Roundhouse, London, UK

chudenk

Well, that's that.

I rang the venue to ask about the standby queue and the likelihood of getting in. She told me it was unlikely as queues for both standby and winners had already started and they'd refused entry to standby queue people for several gigs this month already, and what with Muse being the headliners and popular act, the chances are really slim.

She pretty much just confirmed my suspicions. I know she's bound to say that so more people don't show up and create more work for them, but I think demand for this will be too high. I was all up for queueing for 8/9 hours on the off chance I'd get in, but it's pretty much guaranteed that I'd be wasting my time. Gutted :(

Well, that's that.

I rang the venue to ask about the standby queue and the likelihood of getting in. She told me it was unlikely as queues for both standby and winners had already started and they'd refused entry to standby queue people for several gigs this month already, and what with Muse being the headliners and popular act, the chances are really slim.

She pretty much just confirmed my suspicions. I know she's bound to say that so more people don't show up and create more work for them, but I think demand for this will be too high. I was all up for queueing for 8/9 hours on the off chance I'd get in, but it's pretty much guaranteed that I'd be wasting my time. Gutted :(

If its anything like the Killers not even all the people with tickets got in (me included) let alone anyone in the standby queue so I think you've made a wise decision.

I know you posted this a while ago but I would be really surprised if people will let you skip ahead of them - space held for you or not.

My +1 is reserving a space for me as I am up the hospital visiting my ill mother. If people aren't happy with that then tough titties!

(Although for the record, I'd have no problem with being at the back. It's my +1 who chose to queue from early hours.)

My +1 is reserving a space for me as I am up the hospital visiting my ill mother. If people aren't happy with that then tough titties!

(Although for the record, I'd have no problem with being at the back. It's my +1 who chose to queue from early hours.)

To be honest if one of the two ticket holders is queuing why would it be a problem? One person saving places for a bunch of their mates I would take issue with

Archived