2012.09.30 - The Roundhouse, London, UK

chudenk

Awesome gig. Loved it and loved meeting the ten or so people I met from this forum. You are a fun bunch.

Must be said there were some disappointing omissions from the setlist - Hysteria and SS, as said above - and I was hoping to hear Unsustainable, but hey, you can't complain about a free gig.

If the girl who was behind me is on here, I'm sorry for almost killing you during Knights. You can't expect me to contain myself.

Onto the O2!

Oh, I also got a setlist which I'm very happy with as I've never gotten anything from the stage before. Chris threw one of his picks and it hit me in the nose and the bastard steward had the cheek to pick it up and give it to someone else!

Awesome gig. Loved it and loved meeting the ten or so people I met from this forum. You are a fun bunch.

Must be said there were some disappointing omissions from the setlist - Hysteria and SS, as said above - and I was hoping to hear Unsustainable, but hey, you can't complain about a free gig.

If the girl who was behind me is on here, I'm sorry for almost killing you during Knights. You can't expect me to contain myself.

Onto the O2!

Oh, I also got a setlist which I'm very happy with as I've never gotten anything from the stage before. Chris threw one of his picks and it hit me in the nose and the bastard steward had the cheek to pick it up and give it to someone else!

The Frenchies next to us were really fucking annoying :LOL:

That was such an incredible gig, I'm actually quite pleased with the set list, Map and New Born instead of Hysteria and Stockholm is not that bad of a trade off :LOL: Survival is a fantastic closer though. I'd like to apologise to anyone I may or may not have hit during going nuts in Follow Me.

So, after deciding to take a trip to Camden at 4:30pm earlier, on a complete impulse decision (mid-shopping for new shoes), I somehow got in to the gig, despite having next to no expectation to. So I've had a more than satisfactory evening to say the least!

(And ssssh Animals was brilliant!)

Animals and Follow Me were meh. I missed Stockholm Syndrome to be honest. Didn't mind Hysteria going.

Pretty sure Matt was high.

I thought Animals was best song of the night. The studio version does not do those riffs justice, they're huge

And I did miss SS

Also, weird crowd. Obviously it's cos it's like a competition it's not like a normal Muse crowd, but so much room, half of it was surrounded by 'old' people not moving like...hmmm...then iuno, weird

Also, weird crowd. Obviously it's cos it's like a competition it's not like a normal Muse crowd, but so much room, half of it was surrounded by 'old' people not moving like...hmmm...then iuno, weird

Well, I saw some moshpits on live stream during some songs (IIRC, Tiro was one of them :eek:).

Well, I saw some moshpits on live stream during some songs (IIRC, Tiro was one of them :eek:).

Yeah that was a bit in front of me and went in it from PiB onwards. Also never seen so many people fall over so frequently. One moment see a load of people stack. Take a step back and stack myself cos a load of people have fallen over behind me wat

Well that was pretty awesome. After spending countless hundreds of pounds on previous gigs the first time I could actually properly see the whole band was a free one. Managed to get right to the front near Matt (via the side, without any pushing) just before they started.

Animals not as epic live I thought, even though it's my favourite. Supremacy obviously rocked and Follow Me was better than I thought it'd be. Missed some of the oldies but that was expected I guess.

Not often I say this but THANK YOU, APPLE.

Edit: and Muse

What an amazing gig! At the very front in the middle couldn't have asked for more and so glad I met so many Musers who are really really nice people indeed to name a few Jamie, Pip, Nicky,Josh, Lawrence,Dominic, Olly, Helen, Simon, Kev! Now the only regret is that I couldn't buy a t-shirt because at the end of the gig they were sold out ...choice was to miss the opportunity to get the commemorative wristband and run to the bareer or to get the t-shirt and not to go to the front of course I chose the first one but I so much would like one t-shirt to reminish this awesome gig....so if anyone got home and found out that their medium mens t-shirt is not the right size please let me know and I'll buy it happily from you. My alarm is in 3 hours and 10 mins I should be shattered but the adrenaline is keeping me up ....I keep thinking of the gig !!! Ciao ImageUploadedByTapatalk1349055768.293152.thumb.jpg.a63c60f6f0a38171a2a3390acf407774.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1349055723.216495.thumb.jpg.6f55f1b4391e15ff1d1bb2f2b532fbb1.jpg

Thoughts on the concert:

It was good but could have been better. Resistance shouldn't be played live. Hysteria and Stockholm Syndrome are too good to not be played. Save Me isn't that good, I'd rather hear Liquid State. They also can play AT LEAST another 3 songs, seriously.

Survival is much better live than I thought, so I'm happy with it, I still prefer that they close with KoC though. Animals is a masterpiece and all the new songs are great, although I was hoping for Unsustainable. I'm so happy they haven't dropped MotP, its such a great song.

Awesome night. Haven't read through the thread yet but I hope a lot of you managed to get in...

The 2nd Law tracks absolutely dominated. They all sounded brilliant live and I enjoyed them more than the classics, bar KoC which received the greatest response.

Survival/Animals were both epic. Really good gig...

I thought Animals was best song of the night. The studio version does not do those riffs justice, they're huge

And I did miss SS

I think it's just that some of the Animals riffs remind me of SOAD and Serj Tankian riffs but are no where near as big and exciting, even live, and the song still feel like it's building up to nothing.

Which bit were you at? I thought there must have been quite a big group of fans there given the circle pit during New Born. Lot's of people wearing BHaR and TR tour shirts too.

I'd just like to say how great it was to meet up again with so many familiar faces, as well as some new ones. You're all (well, with the exception of one or two :p ) lovely :)

If it's not already been posted here's a link to the show on YouTube -

Spotted myself a fair few times already :)

Cheers for the link, will watch it when I get in from work. Already told my manager I'm leaving the office early, I'm knackered! Left home at 05.30 yesterday, arrived back home at 02.00 this morning then got up for work at 7. All worth it though!

Archived