Muse in Q Magazine on 28th August

WeirdF

Did I say it was about me? It is about Muse. I thought that was the purpose of this board. Did Muse mention that last time?

well you thought there were pages and pages of new posts because of something amazing you posted. Which wasn't that amazing.

Well, the last time muse mentioned the board they said it was full of people slagging them off..

Written while Jessica posted that.

well you thought there were pages and pages of new posts because of something amazing you posted. Which wasn't that amazing.

Well, the last time muse mentioned the board they said it was full of people slagging them off..

Written while Jessica posted that.

You misunderstood the tone of it, it was meant tongue in cheek, well I didn't put it over well. Let's not fight. Sorry Jessica.

The thing in the article, pre dates the stuff last promotion. They were referring to the the mid 2000s I think, post Absolution.

First she calls Chris the guitarists and then she asks him if they went for a pint after recording....

...end then she calls him the guitarist again..

Yeah I noticed that. I didn't like interviewer all that much tbh, but Chris wasn't thrown by it at all. He took it in the context it was intended.

So they gave it four stars. I think I agree with Q on rating the albums thus far; they gave OOS and BH&R top marks, yet Abso & TR only four. I'll have to see if I agree with this one too!

I agree. When Metacritic etc. aggregates album review scores,I find the result is always somewhere around the Q score. Although I rarely agree with their particular "Download This" track recommendations, for TR they were Resistance, IBTY, USOE and Cross-Pollination. :rolleyes:

From the descriptions, I can't wait for the album, Panic Station and Supremacy especially. :D. Madness is really growing on me (the second half anyway) and I really like how Matt's voice keeps on sounding more strong and accomplished, less nasal.

By the way, can any of the Q subscribers scan on a review of the new Killers album, if there is one? Maybe this is the wrong place to mention it, but perhaps put it on the Killers thread in Other Music. :$

Great read, as usual :D. I liked the slightly sappy uplifting end note that Muse can be a beacon of hope in times of desolation, haha. Although I did pull a :wtf: at the bit about them being a cult/gothic band... erm, no :LOL:. I also like that it was split between the three members and looks at band life through their individual perspectives :happy:.

I still find it strange that Muse are the biggest band no one's heard of. I'm pretty sure that's a direct quote from Chris or Dom from a couple of years ago, lol. They appear on the cover of Q, NME, Kerrang! etc with every new album, but that's the only time they're given big, showy features like that, and most of the general public are aware of them but aren't all that fussed. Then you read reviews and articles claiming they're the biggest band in the world, but again there's little fuss made or much else to acknowledge that in the wider sphere. Most people I come across know I like Muse and will be like 'oh yeah, I've heard of them'. I've only met one other human being who was not on this or any other Muse forum who was a genuine fan. It was really surreal :LOL:. Anyways, I don't have a problem with it, I just find it funny that a band so gargantuan in their style is quietly acknowledged by the masses.

By the way, can any of the Q subscribers scan on a review of the new Killers album, if there is one? Maybe this is the wrong place to mention it, but perhaps put it on the Killers thread in Other Music. :$

Sorry, I've had a look and there doesn't seem to be a review :( Though there's always the possibility that it's in there and I'm just blind.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived