Muse in Q Magazine on 28th August

WeirdF

Probably around the same level as TR. Both albums could have been better with certain songs being omitted.

:noey: absolution is my favourite album, I wouldnt change it one bit. But I do really like the resistance, I like albums that feel like they flow well to me (although I know that is unpopular opinion here) i'm worried T2L wont flow at all :(

:noey: absolution is my favourite album, I wouldnt change it one bit. But I do really like the resistance, I like albums that feel like they flow well to me (although I know that is unpopular opinion here) i'm worried T2L wont flow at all :(

Fuck album flow. I just want good songs. I'll make it flow myself (although if they could do it for me that would be much appreciated).

Save Me : "Stretches its limbs into twinkling, atmospheric techno"

So much for Chris songs "saving the album" (according to the "hardcore-old school fans") :LOL:

Looks like we have :

Madness

Follow Me

Save Me

Animals

Four essentially electronic tracks.

Supremacy, Panic Station (as confirmed on this review), Big Freeze and Liquid State are definitively the ones I will listen to first and foremost .

Save Me : "Stretches its limbs into twinkling, atmospheric techno"

So much for Chris songs "saving the album" (according to the "hardcore-old school fans") :LOL:

Looks like we have :

Madness

Follow Me

Save Me

Animals

Four essentially electronic tracks.

Supremacy, Panic Station (as confirmed on this review), Big Freeze and Liquid State are definitively the ones I will listen to first and foremost .

When did Animals become become techno?

Also, "Stretches its limbs into twinkling, atmospheric techno" is different from electronic.

Actually I was expecting a lot more electronics this time.

Well there is Follow Me, Save Me, Madness (I guess). Not sure though. Muse songs in the past have been pretty rock-y yet still have tons of electronics in them so it's possible many of them are.

Well there is Follow Me, Save Me, Madness (I guess). Not sure though. Muse songs in the past have been pretty rock-y yet still have tons of electronics in them so it's possible many of them are.

Exactly! What I mean is that I was expecting just what we're probably getting, a lot of electronics. I probably phrased it badly.

When I saw that this thread had had a burst of posts, I thought have maybe there might have been some responses to something I posted earlier. This paragraph which was missed out of the typed transcription which I referred to in the "message to the mods" thread. It's Matt speaking about how things changed after Muse nearly split up because (in Dom's words) Matt was "carrying the whole world on his shoulders".

But that’s when I started having fun on stage”, Bellamy continues “almost laughing at what we were doing. It was like this may not all last very long, you might as well try and enjoy it. When that happened, when I stopped worrying what other people thought, that’s when everything started to work. We started rocking much more, playing things that were much more bombastic. That was the beginning of the whole thing that we’re still doing now – whatever, just go with it, do what the fuck we want” he smiles. “The libertarian approach”.

But alas no. People would rather have a discussion, if it can be called that, into whether Paranoid Android is electronic or not.

Well I thought it was interesting that Muse nearly split up which perhaps led to a new musical direction. . But maybe I was mistaken.

Also I can't remember it being mentioned before, during the promotion of The Resistance. Was it mentioned before?

Archived