704 members have voted

1. 1. Do you like Unsustainable?

• Yup
    • Nope
    • It's alright

Awwww you're still scared, poor honey :kiss:

hopefully I'll forget it by tomorrow.

that's if I sleep

gee, thanks muse. now I won't even be able to watch the Isolated System video in fear of more demonic anchor ladies chasing teenagers through woods

Survival > unsustainable but I do love it for its difference and I love the choir so much and think they are used in the way I wanted them to be here :happy: I am really excited to see it live but yeh I wish they hadn't given us it in 2 parts, I think I will enjoy it much more when we get part 2.

:phu: you would have made a video with butterflies and little cats in a lawn.

i would've made a video with strippers. :phu:

no, really, i think being behind the camera would make my fear go away. and then everything would be perfect and Muse would love me

One think I notice is how Matt's vocal seems to stop too soon, it seems unfinished. If the information we have is right, that will be the last we'll hear of his vocal on the album.

I wonder if we are meant to be left feeling a little cheated. Kind of, "what the hell? What happened?" Not only is it very emotional but it has the sense of unfinished business. I think on a personal level that is pretty poignant. Are we ever going to be ready to die or does it happen when we are busy, getting on with living? Also in relation to the idea of progress. What goal post are we working towards? There isn't an end, when we can think, "oh right we've accomplished what we set out to do" because the goal posts are endlessly shifting. And perhaps the end, if there is one, is likely to happen when we're not expecting it. And will it be big and dramatic or over in minutes and forgotten in seconds?

I am also intrigued as how Muse are going to represent of concept of nothing musically. That seems a contradiction. How can you artistically represent nothing with a medium that is attempting to represent something?

I also wonder whether the people in the forrest are running from a massive Tsunami.

Just some musings. Hope that's allowed on here.

One think I notice is how Matt's vocal seems to stop too soon, it seems unfinished. If the information we have is right, that will be the last we'll hear of his vocal on the album.

I wonder if we are meant to be left feeling a little cheated. Kind of, "what the hell? What happened?" Not only is it very emotional but it has the sense of unfinished business. I think on a personal level that is pretty poignant. Are we ever going to be ready to die or does it happen when we are busy, getting on with living? Also in relation to the idea of progress. What goal post are we working towards? There isn't an end, when we can think, "oh right we've accomplished what we set out to do" because the goal posts are endlessly shifting. And perhaps the end, if there is one, is likely to happen when we're not expecting it. And will it be big and dramatic or over in minutes and forgotten in seconds?

I am also intrigued as how Muse are going to represent nothing musically. That seems a contradiction. How can you artistically represent nothing with a medium that is attempting to represent something?

I also wonder whether the people in the forrest are running from a massive Tsunami.

Maybe you're reading too much into it. Or maybe you could be right, but I really think the reason Unsustainable ends so underwhelmingly is because they didn't do a good job with it. Isolated System is supposed to be a slow, piano number, so I can't see it making up for the epicness that wasn't delivered in the 1st part

And the people are running away from the demon lady, I concluded so, and it is law

ok I should really go to bed

But you should let Kirky do his job :phu:

Kirk only takes pictures of his dogs these days

Maybe you're reading too much into it. Or maybe you could be right, but I really think the reason Unsustainable ends so underwhelmingly is because they didn't do a good job with it. Isolated System is supposed to be a slow, piano number, so I can't see it making up for the epicness that wasn't delivered in the 1st part

And the people are running away from the demon lady, I concluded so, and it is law

ok I should really go to bed

Kirk only takes pictures of his dogs these days

Yeah you should.

And Kirky "directed" the Unsustainable video, and probably also the Madness one :phu:

I am also intrigued as how Muse are going to represent of concept of nothing musically. That seems a contradiction. How can you artistically represent nothing with a medium that is attempting to represent something?

It's the first of two parts. Of course you're gonna feel like that.

It's the first of two parts. Of course you're gonna feel like that.

Actually I love it. I'm just a bit confused by some of the choices over structure, thus think there may be reason for them. Having a second part doesn't explain why the last part of this section seems to cut off the middle part too soon.

That middle section almost brings a tear to my eye. Chills down to the heels.

Yeah, the middle section is really great. I can handle the underwhelming dubstep bits, because the middle makes up for it all. Plus the drumming near the end around 3:02 is pretty massive.

Anyone think this would be a great song to have sex to...

Not....particularly. :LOL:

I feel like this is a great song to have a lightsaber duel to or something. The music video should have just been Darth Maul vs Obi-Wan/Qui-Gon Jinn on Naboo. *nerdgasm*

Archived