Do you like Unsustainable?  

704 members have voted

1. 1. Do you like Unsustainable?

• Yup
    • Nope
    • It's alright

I agree with the extended jam part...it definitely feels like a complete mess though, don't think it should be on the album personally.

I like it but can't help thinking the beautiful parts should have been in a beautiful song and all the heavy bits should be extended in a heavy song. All this genre merging is getting a bit much.

I like it but can't help thinking the beautiful parts should have been in a beautiful song and all the heavy bits should be extended in a heavy song. All this genre merging is getting a bit much.

Problem is that the beautiful parts aren't beautiful enough, and the heavy parts aren't heavy enough for them to stand on their own. I don't like the genre merging at all, I just wish they wouldn't have left it half done(imo ofc)

I had already given up on Muse to be honest.. but this song has just made me a bit of a fan again! It's an original song, at least. I'm actually quite excited now (and I feel bad about not getting tickets for their show in Holland).

Remember everyone:

Unsustainable is only 1 of 2.

The last 2 tracks go together and this song is only half of the whole idea.

There is a good chance that Unsustainable will make more sense when heard as the complete "The 2nd Law" track.

Pretty much, there's a reason they're titled like they are.

I liked it a lot when I first heard it as a whole but then it got worse every time I listened to it again. But now it's growing on me :pope: It's definitely different from Survival, although both songs are all over the place. I just think Unsustainable lacks the over the top atmosphere that Survival had and that's only a good thing. :chuckle:

Cant remember last time I posted on here. Not a fan at all. Why would they release a trailer of the song when it basically is the song. WTF is it with these BS 'lyrics' on 'thermodynamics' or whatever. Doesn't feel like a track at all. Agree with the people that spoke about parts of it being 'copied and pasted' because it feels like it has no structure at all. That's a shame because was really optimistic from the trailer.

That said, it does cut off quite suddenly so hopefully part 2 will lead on to something decent. Just wish they'd make it one track though.

Anyway, see you again in a few years.

Archived