I don't think a power conditioner would make any kind of difference if it's not properly grounded at the wall. I think the purpose of power conditioners is to help with noise and interference.

I think the only time I've been shocked was playing through an amp that wasn't grounded and touching something else that was grounded (while my hands were on the guitar strings I guess). Never had any issues with laptops etc.

I really don't know that much about it. There was a great thread in basschat (general bass discussion) but after searching I can't find it. There is a device you can buy to plug your mains plugs into before it goes into the venue socket. AFAIK this won't always save you if the PA is badly earthed.

anyone tried this pedal before? wondering how it is with distortion...very few demos

Get the full one. I have a friend who uses a micro pog along with distortion in a hardcore band. While it is fine, the Pog is really one of those pedals that you will need the full range to really get some good sounds. The Micro Pog is way too limited in this sense, this is coming from someone who likes simple one knob pedals :LOL:

Consider the premium for the full Pog worth it. ;) It is the fundamental pedal in many of our band songs because it does a great job at making the guitar anything but a guitar.

anyone tried this pedal before? wondering how it is with distortion...very few demos

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KhC0uOkR4Fc

Yeah definitely go for the pog2, it will let you make some very ethereal, glass orgab sounds, such as in this. (1:26)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nVRkQVzxGQE

It also has 9 presets you can save over, so you could have that on one setting and have jack white/TCV on another. I've wanted one for ages.

Yeah, a bit of a self promotion but it also goes really well with other pedals. It gets used at the end of his song that my band did about 3 years ago. Mind you, this was recorded at home also.

Around the 3 min mark, the outro is full of it in conjunction with delay, booster and some dirt IIRC. It reacts well with other pedals :D

[soundcloud]

[/soundcloud]

Yeah definitely go for the pog2, it will let you make some very ethereal, glass orgab sounds, such as in this. (1:26)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nVRkQVzxGQE

It also has 9 presets you can save over, so you could have that on one setting and have jack white/TCV on another. I've wanted one for ages.

I have one and they're insane. Like you say, mental organ like sounds, along with the classic octave stuffs. Combining it with distortion with the attack setting up high's a bit scary though :LOL:

Well the main reason I'm looking at the micro pog is because I wanted something like the whammy -1 harmonizer, but cleaner sounding (and to use in a different place in my FX chain). Looks like it does exactly that.

Also, aimed mainly at Jim I guess, but what FX and amps do these guys use?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kqmTxasTnio

sounds huge.

also, tabs for 4:38? brilliant

Well the main reason I'm looking at the micro pog is because I wanted something like the whammy -1 harmonizer, but cleaner sounding (and to use in a different place in my FX chain). Looks like it does exactly that.

Also, aimed mainly at Jim I guess, but what FX and amps do these guys use?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kqmTxasTnio

sounds huge.

also, tabs for 4:38? brilliant

Foo Fighters :awesome:

Not a whole lot of effects, Dave's pedalboard consists of a Phase 90, Boss Digital Delay, and sometimes a RAT and Flanger for The Pretender, a tuner for his electrics and a tuner for his acoustics, and an amp switcher.

Chris Shiflett's is a little more complex: Fulldrive 2, Menatone Red Snapper, Micro POG (coincidence?), Holy Grail, Line 6 FM-4 and DL-4, Amp switcher, footswitch, and tuner. Looks like he's moved to Fulldrive, Micro POG, Tuner, amp switcher, and an M13.

Chris is using handwired AC30s and Dave is using a Fender Tone Master and a Suhr/Custom Audio Electronics PT-100 into two custom 4x12 cabs.

Can't say what Pat Smear is using, but I would think it's prety minimalistic as far as pedals go. He provides a pretty huge "wall-of-sound" guitar part, though.

Cos he could never reach the frets before

Trying to quickly tap the 22nd fret on the high e string with your little finger on the MB-1 is a pain in the arse actually. The body comes out just a bit too soon. Noticed that a few times while trying to play a bit of Steve Vai. :chuckle:

Archived