I wrote a few sentences then deleted it, let's just say that i don't have a problem with trying out new things and going dubstep for a song, my problem is the execution.

So next time when we are bashing skrillex for only pushing buttons on his laptop let's remember that here is a band with 10+ years of musical history outputting a weaker product than Sonny.

I wrote a few sentences then deleted it, let's just say that i don't have a problem with trying out new things and going dubstep for a song, my problem is the execution.

So next time when we are bashing skrillex for only pushing buttons on his laptop let's remember that here is a band with 10+ years of musical history outputting a weaker product than Sonny.

But they are using traditional instruments, not computing software.

I prefer The Resistance.

About time I found a new signature

You can't say that's better because it isn't. I said it isn't therefore it isn't.

If you want my honest opinion, I liked it better than most of TR...certainly different, but I'm looking forward to this album.../fanboi

But on the other hand, I don't actually know what a dubstep is, so this is all still new to me...

About time I found a new signature

You can't say that's better because it isn't. I said it isn't therefore it isn't.

If you want my honest opinion, I liked it better than most of TR...certainly different, but I'm looking forward to this album.../fanboi

But on the other hand, I don't actually know what a dubstep is, so this is all still new to me...

Just not into the whole dubstep thing. Especially coming from a rock band, it's a whole new level of cheesy/pandering to pop culture than TR was. IMO

I love Unsustainable and I cant wait for T2L. Sounds like a darker version of TR with more riffs and less Guiding Light :awesome:

I particularly like the use of the female voice - I like the glitches, and the drop. Doesn't need to be done too much though. I do love the final news bit with the "the-r-r-rmodynamics".

Guest Batman.
I love Unsustainable and I cant wait for T2L. Sounds like a darker version of TR with more riffs and less Guiding Light :awesome:

I particularly like the use of the female voice - I like the glitches, and the drop. Doesn't need to be done too much though. I do love the final news bit with the "the-r-r-rmodynamics".

I think the song has some great ideas, it's just badly structured.

And that woman's voice would make the song a great live opener, with just the woman on the screens for the start of the song, and then the whole band coming on when the dubstep bit starts.

A bit of me cringes when I hear the woman talk because it's a bastardised way of explaining the 2nd law of thermodynamics. Mostly the fact that heat is referred to useless and wasted. :LOL:

/small rant

Well I guess the alternative was "There is no such thing as a free lunch".

Ah thermal physics was almost the death of me in my degree. Pity they had to write an album about it.

I got "paid" today. I'm currently fighting all instincts telling me to go buy the mojotone 1484.

Alternatively, go back to building pedals, and buy a new phone, kindle, and 3d printer.

Or you could print pedals and sell them to get a new phone from which you buy a 1484.

lel nice 3d printer james!

btw i think you should buy some cheapish monitor speakers and go cocoon mode for a few weeks producing an EP and if there will be some good tracks then send a few tracks to an online mixing/mastering studio for some professional finishing touches and then start hype yourself over the internet with fake interviews, fake views and fake fanbots until real people will start to follow you. You have the technical knowledge to do that. Then do DIY tours with a laptop and a sampler sleeping on railway stations and stuff. That would be pretty punk. This is the future of music. Yeah and do a lookbook.nu that would be refreshing in the sea of artist twitters and tumblers.

edit: btw i am kinda serious here, i've seen some upcoming artists where the ability to constantly output rebloggable content was more important than the music itself and it worked. i mean an active twitter, tumblr, constant photoshoots and interviews, random collabs, diy tours, saying some quoteable bullshit in every interview, diy clips, strong fashion sense/unique look, handling the whole music thing as a brand etc.

see, my email says this

The 2nd Law: Unsustainable is the full and updated version of the album trailer which also gives you a taster of The 2nd Law: Isolated System, an original film cut to the audio of this track from the album.

Probably is the actual track though.

Survival lyrics are shocking

Unsustainable doesn't really have lyrics as such

Haven't listened to it, just read the...words...then...Anyone who gets the word "thermodynamics" into a song is trying to hard frankly...It's a bit like the whole "Hmmm...What can I say that rhymes with Neutron Star Collision?" :facepalm:

lel nice 3d printer james!

btw i think you should buy some cheapish monitor speakers and go cocoon mode for a few weeks producing an EP and if there will be some good tracks then send a few tracks to an online mixing/mastering studio for some professional finishing touches and then start hype yourself over the internet with fake interviews, fake views and fake fanbots until real people will start to follow you. You have the technical knowledge to do that. Then do DIY tours with a laptop and a sampler sleeping on railway stations and stuff. That would be pretty punk. This is the future of music. Yeah and do a lookbook.nu that would be refreshing in the sea of artist twitters and tumblers.

edit: btw i am kinda serious here, i've seen some upcoming artists where the ability to constantly output rebloggable content was more important than the music itself and it worked. i mean an active twitter, tumblr, constant photoshoots and interviews, random collabs, diy tours, saying some quoteable bullshit in every interview, diy clips, strong fashion sense/unique look, handling the whole music thing as a brand etc.

futuramafry.jpg

I went phone shopping today. I'm leaning towards a Sony Xperia P. It's pretty cool, and I'd be able to afford it in about 2 weeks time. It seems to fit the bill, and it's not apple.

James, 3d printers can't make pints. And guinness tastes like shit. ffs. /perma

As for the music thing, my +1, and her bro (who produces for a few trap type artists at the moment) reckon I should put more time into my music too. I would like to do that, but i have to balance it out with some architecture research at the moment too. I had a couple of friends over yesterday for barbecue and such, and played some of the tracks I'm working on, and one guy said "It's cool that you've some tracks that are based off proper disco tracks, and others that are kinda based off of old love songs. Are you trying to make a new genre called lovehouse?" I lol'd. In anycase, it was in response to this, which is still a work in progress:

[soundcloud]http://soundcloud.com/twicx/the-only-thing-different-w[/soundcloud]

A friend of mine is about to launch his ep, so I might give him a shout to see what he's doing.

Haven't listened to it, just read the...words...then...Anyone who gets the word "thermodynamics" into a song is trying to hard frankly...It's a bit like the whole "Hmmm...What can I say that rhymes with Neutron Star Collision?" :facepalm:

Haha, I don't think you'll find it too stupid when you actually hear it though! It's quite different to how you're imagining it I think!

wait for Follow me...

I was thinking this could be also known as "Guiding Light Part II: We All Play Synth".

wangcaster incoming....

and I agree with Daev's idea....can't help but think you'd use it for evil, though...

3dprinter.jpg

:LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

And Bs, Bells doesn't sing words as such... he's too lazy now.

It's awesome though!

Archived