Yeah, fret access on the MB shape is pretty bad compared to a tele for instance. That extra cutaway will be pretty beneficial if there's lots of stuff to play high on the neck, even if it might not look as good.

I'd like to see a front on pic. I agree with Mark, I don't think it's Mirror. There's no real reflection of his hand in it or any of the knobs/switches. If you look at Simno's black mirror guitar it's very different.

If you compare the cutaway on that to his normal MoCs it doesn't actualy go any deeper, just that it doesn't seem to hook round as such, just goes straight outwards. Maybe it's just a funny angle, iuno

Also black gloss and ali hardware looks shit, like something Jamie would get

it's funny cos Jamie actually wants ali shit on his black gloss ma

Yeah, fret access on the MB shape is pretty bad compared to a tele for instance. That extra cutaway will be pretty beneficial if there's lots of stuff to play high on the neck, even if it might not look as good.

I'd like to see a front on pic. I agree with Mark, I don't think it's Mirror. There's no real reflection of his hand in it or any of the knobs/switches. If you look at Simno's black mirror guitar it's very different.

I don't think it's that bad :erm: it doesn't compare to an SG for example, but I don't think it's any worse than most single cutaway guitars

new shape came from this

21kdxjb.jpg

Maybe it's just mine then :LOL:

well they look pretty close. is the upper fret access any better on the last one you built?

also, you are way too patient

fhilbilly97 (34 months ago)

do u sell ur guitars that u make and if u do how much

surfings_fun (34 months ago)

nope, just make them for my own enjoyment i'm afraid.

id be willing to pay 1500 euro

it's not my shape to sell

what u on about u fat cow fatty fat cow ya no but serious what the hell u on about

That shape is copyrighted by Manson guitars therefore I can't sell it.

can u not make new one with a slight change of shape thouugh

ok but can u tell me where i can get that body and pieces

send a link to where online i can get one

the boy is what im talking about

body i ment sorry

no one makes the bodies. http://www.mansons.co.uk sell the matt bellamy signature guitars in that shape. that is all.

i'd consider making one in a different shape. it depends completely on the specs.

how did u build the xy midi pad in and how did u get the mirror finish(where)

well they look pretty close. is the upper fret access any better on the last one you built?

also, you are way too patient

Haha yeah that got stupid on flickr...

The best one for fret access is the mirror top one i think. Mainly because the body ifs pretty thin so you can reach around the heel/neck pocket area much easier. The alloy one is pretty chunky so it pushes your hand out quite a bit.

Got to dismantle them after work tomorrow.... :(

If you compare the cutaway on that to his normal MoCs it doesn't actualy go any deeper, just that it doesn't seem to hook round as such, just goes straight outwards. Maybe it's just a funny angle, iuno

:LOL: at this whole post

Agree about the new Manson, hopefully it's just the photo angle though.

Hmm maybe, I just got the impression from them in interviews that by real instruments they meant like guitar? I dunno, but In System Meltdown by Shikari (which I am srsly reminded of when I hear this, like, strings intro, then heavier 'dubstep' part followed by strings again but heavier or whatever /bullshit) and Rory uses a MIDI controlled Whammy in that for the guitar parts to blend in with the electronic WUBS

Maybe, but I don't think it really sounds like a guitar.

[media]

[media]

That's the closest I've heard anyone get

Oh and reading the main thread, just remembered that in an interview Matt said there was a lot of whammy used, so at least part of it was standard electric guitar

:( so that's all of the ones you built being sold off for parts?

also.... unsustainable :eek:

i still don't think that's a kaoss pad/whammy ...

Afraid so :(

Is the full version of unsustainable out there now?

Oh and reading the main thread, just remembered that in an interview Matt said there was a lot of whammy used, so at least part of it was standard electric guitar

was that the one when survival was first played? not sure if he was talking about one song in particular though

not sure if it's the full version actually. check the thread in MM

I think it's the full version, if anything it goes on too long. you get it if you preorder stuff or you can find it on youtube

And James I can't really remember the interview but I thought they were talking about Unsustainable in that bit

Just watched the video. I think it'll end up as a shortened Jam live, or they'll come on stage during the strings and then have a little play around with the Wub Wub and then start the gig from there.

I think Matt's vocals are going to sound really good on the new album though.

It's funny cos I dont and I even pointed out that it looks silly before you so :phu:

And I think that unsustainable is FF and whammy with pick scratches. It doesn't sound electronic to me at all. And they said in the NME interview they used guitars.

Edited by Lord MFC

i can't tell what kind it is.

flame top?

edit:

closest i've seen is this

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Gibson-Les-Paul-Deluxe-1979-Vintage-Tobacco-Sun-Burst-Finish-OHSC-THEGEARGEEKS-/130739612551?pt=Guitar&hash=item1e70b02b87

but i think the one in the picture is some newer custom shop deal. headstock is much smaller, and it appears to have a figured top

Edited by james90

i can't tell what kind it is.

flame top?

edit:

closest i've seen is this

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Gibson-Les-Paul-Deluxe-1979-Vintage-Tobacco-Sun-Burst-Finish-OHSC-THEGEARGEEKS-/130739612551?pt=Guitar&hash=item1e70b02b87

but i think the one in the picture is some newer custom shop deal. headstock is much smaller, and it appears to have a figured top

Looks like there's a subtle flame, and yeah definitely not the Norlin headstock.

I can't tell if it's vintage or a reissue, I'll have to ask in November....

On the bright side, I found this, which is awesome:

15859_Les_Paul_Deluxe_Goldtop_03131356_1.jpg

It's funny cos I dont and I even pointed out that it looks silly before you so :phu:

And I think that unsustainable is FF and whammy with pick scratches. It doesn't sound electronic to me at all. And they said in the NME interview they used guitars.

You love Fuzz Factory's

And now, for something completely different....

James, where can I get a Les Paul Deluxe like this:

?

I do actually like that, the smaller pickups make the body look bigger