that's good to hear. did the water actually reach the speaker?

I don't know yet. I'd rather let it dry out and give it a test. To open it up I need to rip a load of fabric etc. It's only one of those old shitty peavey 15" combos. You can get the BW 15" drivers off Ebay for less than £100 so I'm not really bothered.

This is a very old pic but it's the Peavey combo on the right

gear.jpg

was it ALL those pedals that got wet? are you sure the flooding wasn't caused by bringing groupies in to see the shit hot wood pannelling at the back? that would explain all the "moisture".

that pic is from my old studio. The one where the roof collapsed under heavy snow. This one collapsed under heavy rain, so I guess i'm moving down in the world.

This is the one which flooded on Friday

studio1.jpg

studio2.jpg

wow. holy shit. there's a lot of stuff in there. I'm surprised it did collapse. even from those photos it looks relatively sturdy.

"concrete built is better built."

"collapse" is a bit of an exaggeration. Some tiles are off apparently, felt tiles?! anyway, they're fixing it now. What was an absolutely fucking nightmare of drama Friday morning is now a mild concern to be delt with when I get back from holiday.

I seriously don't know how the fuck i'm so lucky. It keeps happening. No gear was damaged when the snow attacked either! Maybe I should buy a lottery ticket

"collapse" is a bit of an exaggeration. Some tiles are off apparently, felt tiles?! anyway, they're fixing it now. What was an absolutely fucking nightmare of drama Friday morning is now a mild concern to be delt with when I get back from holiday.

I seriously don't know how the fuck i'm so lucky. It keeps happening. No gear was damaged when the snow attacked either! Maybe I should buy a lottery ticket

£148 million on the Euro tonight!

it sounds like a grounding issue. I wouldn't expect it to be the macbook, and i've a vague recollection of hearing it happen with a guitar before. Do you get any grounding hum from your guitar? any at all?

I googled the macbook thing and apparently it's common when you have it plugged in. Not harmful or anything though

Still dunno about the guitar, I had never noticed it until a few days ago when I was recording something

if you turn up your amp, and play nothing, dont touch the strings or anything, just let your guitar hang freely around your neck, it should be pretty much completely silent. Then, if you touch your hand off the strings or bridge and hear a little click/pop, the grounding on your guitar might be patchy. I get that with my old warlock now and again.

I googled the macbook thing and apparently it's common when you have it plugged in. Not harmful or anything though

What the actual? Its common to get electricuted when touching something that needs to be touched to operate? wow. The guitar strings thing though, I saw a video in school once where "alledgedly" (it was a reconstruction) a guitar wasnt grounded properly and when he was performing he touched the pole part of the mic stand and died coz the neck was close to his chest/heart.

could be an urban myth, but still.

What the actual? Its common to get electricuted when touching something that needs to be touched to operate? wow. The guitar strings thing though, I saw a video in school once where "alledgedly" (it was a reconstruction) a guitar wasnt grounded properly and when he was performing he touched the pole part of the mic stand and died coz the neck was close to his chest/heart.

could be an urban myth, but still.

I saw that, and from then on, honestly, it was my dream death. Until recently, I actually wanted to die like that. Wtf is wrong with me.

Guest Batman.

Yeah I've read stories of people playing through fucked up amps and getting electrocuted through their guitars /unrelatedbutsortofrelatedshenanigan

I saw that' date=' and from then on, honestly, it was my dream death. Until recently, I actually wanted to die like that. Wtf is wrong with me.[/quote']

Everything.

FUCK SAKE

Somehow, I swear I keep getting electric shocks from my MacBook and my guitar strings. Stings like fuck if I accidentally touch them

It's probably because you're a really charged person or some shit. My mum and brother are the same, touch anything metallic (cars in particular) and they get zapped. Wear rubber gloves and all your problems will disappear

Still dunno about the guitar, I had never noticed it until a few days ago when I was recording something

Check with all your guitars, pedals and amp but chances are, yeah, grounding issue. Even try plugging in to a different wall socket in your place.

Either way, unless your MFC, I'd look into it pretty soon ;)

I had a vaio for a while which would give me mild shocks all the time. It did me no harm.

The sort of shocks you can get down a mic can be lethal. I think it's if the PA or guitar amp(s) aren't earthed properly (could be the equipment, or the mains wiring) then the shock will go through you down the mic, or through you and down the guitar (depending which is earthed) and it can be seriously strong current.

Some bands will test every mains socket in a venue before they set up.