Did anyone see that article about body woods not actually affecting the tone?

Even though it was a supposedly 'scientific' study, I still couldn't really believe it - surely different woods have different densities etc, which, however subtly, would affect the sound?

A lot of the tone wood thing is a trade off from acoustic days. In an electric, whatever components that directly affect the strings will do far more than the wood will. This includes the player. :LOL:

Dunno if I should post this here or where, but anyway:

Lately I've been starting to experiment with all the sounds I can get from a guitar and a single multi-effects pedal. I've been recording these experiments and then uploading them to soundcloud, and I think you lot might find them interesting. Oh and yes, every single sound you hear in them was made with a guitar.

I've only got four recordings/experiments in there atm, but I'll record and upload more whenever I have the time.

Here's an example of my own weird shit that I come up with (I recommend using headphones to hear all the details):

[soundcloud]

/darkness[/soundcloud]

And another example, this one being kind of a weird cover of U2's The Fly. Clipping audio, though:

[soundcloud]

/the-fly-clipping-audio[/soundcloud]

Dunno if I should post this here or where, but anyway:

Lately I've been starting to experiment with all the sounds I can get from a guitar and a single multi-effects pedal. I've been recording these experiments and then uploading them to soundcloud, and I think you lot might find them interesting. Oh and yes, every single sound you hear in them was made with a guitar.

I've only got four recordings/experiments in there atm, but I'll record and upload more whenever I have the time.

Here's an example of my own weird shit that I come up with (I recommend using headphones to hear all the details):

[soundcloud]

/darkness[/soundcloud]

And another example, this one being kind of a weird cover of U2's The Fly. Clipping audio, though:

[soundcloud]

/the-fly-clipping-audio[/soundcloud]

First track is cool!

SO HOW YOU GONNA PLAY IT LIVE

[soundcloud]http://soundcloud.com/paavokekkonen/darkness[/soundcloud]

Nice, around 1:15 it is pretty TB303ish. How did you made that? The octave down and highly resonant filter sound is obvious but how can you make those pitch glides/portamento/slides on some of the notes? I don't think you can play a guitar like that, it must be an effect.

Urgh, so close to getting Ableton Live installed on this useless overpriced piece of shit but I keep running into problems with some thing called ReWire in the authorization or something

Fixed.

Now go get a windows based laptop. Fucking hipsters.

On a relevant note, I see Ableton now offers 64 bit support. I guess that means fun fun fun for live 9.

JAMESWTF!?

you shouldn't have merjj'd it. At the very least, it should have been moved to "Other Bands."

Infact..... did someone say new thread?

yeah, but all they play is horrible covers. it seemed more fitting to put it there. GSK would be proud

and does anyone outside of the KnTs know who GSK is?

Archived