How would you rate Survival, on a scale of 1-5?  

800 members have voted

1. 1. How would you rate Survival, on a scale of 1-5?

• Poor - What is this shite?
    • Fair - Well, it's tolerable, but I'll skip it a lot.
    • Good - Decent song, some good parts.
    • Very good - Mostly enjoyable, some really great moments, but not perfect.
    • Excellent - Holy crap, I love it. I had to change my pants.

Just warning all of you that Zane probably won't play the song in the first thing on the show. People always get so mad when they have to wait a bit.

yeah, he'll probably play it at 7:30 like it's been advertised everywhere. what a dick.

Matt's usual subversive lyrics really wouldn't have been appropriate.

That was my original point, actually, and this somewhat surprises me that they did it... but not really as it IS a big honour.

But we went from the strong political nature of BH&R, to the "we can rise up and fix our world"ness of TR, to the "it's too late, it's all over" teaser of 2nd Law.

...and now the "we will fight and win at the Olympics" song.

This jars me a million times more than the dubstep. (which really didn't phase me at all.)

Sell out. People are already saying it :LOL:

Well let's be honest, taking up a track on an album for the Olympics, they could have done it separately months ago, like NSC, or just said no entirely. Kasabian provide much more upbeat stuff than what Muse are doing these days whether you love it or hate it.

Not to mention there's an entire generation of talent coming through in British Artists.

Life's a race and I'm going to win. Yes I'm going to win and I'll light the fuse and I'll never lose.I choose to survive. Whatever it takes. You won't pull ahead, I'll keep up the pace.

These are ACTUAL lyrics to an ACTUAL song.

kind of a knife to the heart for me reading this right after listening to Hoodoo:'(:'(:'(

Doing a song for the 2nd biggest event in the world is not selling out

I could really care less if Muse is selling out.

If someone came up to you and said "hey you want to write a song for the olympics and be immortalized in rock history" you'd have to be a complete imbecile to say no.

You hit a point where you are a rock God, do it.

selling out is sweet because when you sell out, you get to make a lot of money, and when you have money, you don't have to hang out with a bunch of poor asses like you guys.

also jealously comes into play a lot.

Archived