How would you rate Survival, on a scale of 1-5?  

800 members have voted

1. 1. How would you rate Survival, on a scale of 1-5?

• Poor - What is this shite?
    • Fair - Well, it's tolerable, but I'll skip it a lot.
    • Good - Decent song, some good parts.
    • Very good - Mostly enjoyable, some really great moments, but not perfect.
    • Excellent - Holy crap, I love it. I had to change my pants.

Hah, Smashing Pumpkin fans are amazing. Let's be fair though, Billy Corgan means inherently they put up with a lot of shit.

When I met some fans at their show in November though they were actually pretty nice.

I'm not saying they don't have to put up with a lot of shit, the divide just cracks me up though. You've got Netphoria/Blamo who hate EVERYTHING Corgan does and then you have the O-Board who loves everything he does.

The fans are nice, together. When they're on the internet...:$

As much as I'm all for BlameBellamy2012, if Chris and Dom thought it was shit they should speak up. If they thought it was shit but went ahead with it anyway don't they have no backbone which doesn't deserve any respect.

That's a good point, fair enough. I wish Chris was more outspoken then, he clearly prefers rock to...this new song.

I'm not saying they don't have to put up with a lot of shit, the divide just cracks me up though. You've got Netphoria/Blamo who hate EVERYTHING Corgan does and then you have the O-Board who loves everything he does.

The fans are nice, together. When they're on the internet...:$

:LOL: I'm slap bang in the middle for all these things. Because I am so passive no one really bats and eyelash at me.

I can't believe that while all the big muscly shot put throwers are walking in, Matt will be screeching about victory and winning and fuses in the background...for almost 3 weeks...I can't comprehend how this will be.

I honestly thought that twitvid was a spoof, something some little Troll was posting to get views etc until I heard Matt's voice... then I nearly cried.

I am, however, looking forward to the point when the all ass kicking guitar and rock kick in leaving me with a massive smile on my face... and then... I will quite happily eat up all my words...

I did enjoy it. It's the best they've done in a while-- but still not the standard they used to be in the day.

It's not Siamese or Mellon Collie but I'd say it's the best since Adore. It's actually pretty similar to Adore...kind of like diving into the opposite end of the spectrum of feelings. I liked it.

If Corgan can make a good album 15 years later so can Bellamy, so I'm holding out hope.

I can't believe that while all the big muscly shot put throwers are walking in, Matt will be screeching about victory and winning and fuses in the background...for almost 3 weeks...I can't comprehend how this will be.

this "yes I'll wiiiin" line is simply beyond me. I'm sorry Matt, but no one in their right mind would write something like that and be serious about it...

I can see where this is going. Quite a few people on the forum will say that Survival is shit, then Muse will play it live at their concerts and they will sing along and enjoy the song as much as everyone else. It was the same with GL and NSC.

I hate Guiding Light, but I sang along.

Doesn't make it a good song.

jup

like this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9neGUrcZ98o

aka taking the piss.

I mean when I listen to The Resistance, I do the exact same thing in the car to embarrass my girlfriend. Doesn't make it good. It's mocking of the song.

Unlike New Born when a car full of people falling asleep sang every word, non-mocking.

There's a difference. With this song, it'll probably get the Guiding Light treatment.

Hopefully not the NSC treatment and not even end up on my library.

Archived