How would you rate Survival, on a scale of 1-5?  

800 members have voted

1. 1. How would you rate Survival, on a scale of 1-5?

• Poor - What is this shite?
    • Fair - Well, it's tolerable, but I'll skip it a lot.
    • Good - Decent song, some good parts.
    • Very good - Mostly enjoyable, some really great moments, but not perfect.
    • Excellent - Holy crap, I love it. I had to change my pants.

Muse is prog now?

cool.

Well, progressive rock as a whole was the idea to make rock music more legitimate and classical in its approach.

Which Origin of Symmetry and Absolution obviously were going for.

Or, you know, making a rock opera structured like a classical symphony.

From twitter https://twitter.com/#!/Aissetou

Aissetou Ngom ‏@Aissetou

Also had Muse at the conference with us. I liked their specially written Olympic track - Survival a lot. @London2012

MUSE Italian Fansite ‏@musemuseum

@Aissetou @London2012 can u describe this song for us? too commercial?

@musemuseum fab, emotional, epic, evocative & very Muse. People will love it

People fall back to memes when they have no arguments left.

Please tell me how Citizen Erased and Baby, Baby, Baby are so similar.

they are both pretty set in their home keys and don't stray from their home key centers, infact if you want to get pedantic Citizen Erased only uses one chromatic chord (IIIx / E7) which in itself is considered pretty much vanilla to the key of the relative minor, Am. Oh okay, one more in the outro (Dm7b5/Ab) The instrumentation is similar. A rhythm section, with a vocal carrying the bulk of the melodic work. The harmonics on the distorted guitar are certainly a hook, just like the rhythm of "baby, baby, baby, oh" is. Come on man, don't be that guy... it is all pop music. Popular music of the western tradition. It's not classical, it's not jazz. It's pop music. There's so much pop music on this planet now, and classifying it just becomes harder. pull your head out of your ass and just enjoy the music!!! :D

Well, progressive rock as a whole was the idea to make rock music more legitimate and classical in its approach.

Which Origin of Symmetry and Absolution obviously were going for.

Or, you know, making a rock opera structured like a classical symphony.

OoS was 10 years ago.

Well, first off, you need to understand pop music isn't popular music.

Secondly, some of us are still hanging around from the prog rock era who think pop music is complete trash.

And, yeah, Muse was prog rock. Prog is heavily influenced by classical symphonies, structures, musical styles and all the like. You'd have to be deaf not to hear that in Muse's music.

Pop music derived from rock'n'roll. It's main elements are very eclectic, using electronic, rock, blues, country, hip hop.

In other words, it has no bounds ya moron.

Muse were never prog rock, they had a few progressive songs. But if you think that does that mean Radiohead, Foo Fighters and even Nickelback are prog rock.

You're stupid.

Aissetou Ngom ‏@Aissetou

Also had Muse at the conference with us. I liked their specially written Olympic track - Survival a lot. @London2012

people. not muse board members:D

Aissetou Ngom ‏@Aissetou

When I read the guy's tweets I pictured Matt having him at gunpoint as he wrote them

Aissetou Ngom ‏@Aissetou

Matt must have had a work or two :LOL:

i wouldn't even try to put muse into one genre.

every album, every SONG is different

the newer albums have this pop colour, while others are more prog

but still

one genre just cannot define them, and that is the whole beauty of this band

they are both fully diatonic and don't stray from their home key centers, infact if you want to get pedantic Citizen Erased only uses one chromatic chord (IIIx / E7) which in itself is considered pretty much vanilla to the key of the relative minor, Am. Oh okay, one more in the outro (Dm7b5/Ab) The instrumentation is similar. A rhythm section, with a vocal carrying the bulk of the melodic work. The harmonics on the distorted guitar are certainly a hook, just like the rhythm of "baby, baby, baby, oh" is. Come on man, don't be that guy... it is all pop music. Popular music of the western tradition. It's not classical, it's not jazz. It's pop music. There's so much pop music on this planet now, and classifying it just becomes harder. pull your head out of your ass and just enjoy the music!!! :D

That's the most psuedo-intelligent post I've ever read on a message board.

If you're going to analyze something, please actually have a grasp on music fundamentals.

And Radiohead, Foo Fighters and Nickelback have never had classically influenced albums. Thus not prog.

It's a really stupid argument.

^^^^I agree^^^^, that's why I'm saying I don't like this pop route they are going down.

That's the most psuedo-intelligent post I've ever read on a message board.

If you're going to analyze something, please actually have a grasp on music fundamentals.

And Radiohead, Foo Fighters and Nickelback have never had classically influenced albums. Thus not prog.

It's a really stupid argument.

You're right i have no grasp of the fundementals. my apologies

pop music derived from rock'n'roll. It's main elements are very eclectic, using electronic, rock, blues, country, hip hop.

In other words, it has no bounds ya moron.

Muse were never prog rock, they had a few progressive songs. But if you think that does that mean radiohead, foo fighters and even nickelback are prog rock.

You're stupid.

awesome wikipedia good for you

Archived